Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New to Virginia

airscape

Hey people, just moved to Fredericksburg a little while ago, and was wondering what goes on around here. Obviously nothing in Fredericksburg, unless im just blind or something =-P. Anyway i hear DC is pretty cool, athough i have no job yet so im pretty much poor to be riding out there all the time. Also only turn 20 in afew days so 21+ is out for me. From Canada originally, moved to Florida for a couple years, then to Alabama (suprisingly good party town) now im in Fred, and its pretty much hurting lol. Anyway i know about glow and thats bout it, never been but looks cool. Mostly into Trance, Prog, House, but id settle for a house party with a $20 radio at this point. Anyway just thought id say hi, any info would be cool thanks.

you live out in bum fuck...nothing to do out there. I dont know what to tell u, ever since they shut down buzz i dont know of any other good places. i haven't been to trust in bmore which is buzz's new home but u might want to check that out. dont really know whats up...

yea it figures. I moved to a crap town like this in Alabama to, but they knew how to party like a champ. It may not have been all that huge but it was always fun. I used to club fri,sat religiously every weekend. I dont think iv been in a club in 2 months im gonna have a breakdown =-P.

Well.... there is stuff to do here, but dan's right - now that buzz is closed, there's been a noticeable decline. Some of my suggestions are:

Red Thursdays: DJ's Saeed and Tom B. alternate every-other thursday spots, and they're both great. Atmosphere is really chill - no dress code, minimal decor, basement venue, small and dark and well... red :tongue:

1223 Fridays: Odessa spins the main floor and Dan Sampson spins 3rd floor VIP in "Spank". The party has been great for a while, I think it's declining in popularity now but the music's great, and Saeed & Palash, along with other yoshitoshi artists, DJ there now and again.

5 Saturdays: Tonite's Joeski & Onionz - M3 tends to bring in some good DJ's for this night. The club is really nice too, I like the atmosphere, it was just recently redone so everything looks nice in there.

5 Wednesdays: If you're looking to go out and have a drink on a Wednesday, I highly recommend it - really chill atmosphere, small regular crowd of people who really know the music and who are often DJ's themselves. Dan Soda spins this nite with a few others, he does a good job with it - spins some stuff that you won't hear otherwise 'cause the mainstream crowd wouldn't get it.

Gua Rapo: All weekend - our very own CP talents including Buster and revaluation (nietzsche) spin here on various nites. Thursday thru Sunday they have DJ's on a rotating basis - it's on the VA side of the river in Courthouse.

Hmm yeah I think that's my picks for the moment, I'm sure I'm leaving out some things because I'm experiencing that post-booze-binge haze that lingers all day even after the hangover's gone :drool::what:

Anyways, welcome to the board, and to the area.

They're all in DC except for Gua Rapo.

5 and 1223 are both at the intersection of 18th and Connecticut Avenues, on either side of the intersection, off DuPont Circle in midtown.

Red is right around the corner from 5 on Jefferson St.

Gua Rapo is on Wilson Blvd. in Courthouse in Arlington VA

Also check out what's up in Adams Morgan (I think Shadygroove may still be DJ'ing at Felix but I'm really not sure) and maybe the Edge in SE....

Originally posted by starshaped

:jawdrop: I can't quite believe what i have just read,2 whole posts from Vixen without even the slightest hint of abuse;) :laugh: Aren't you very well or somthing?

Hmmm no, I guess I wasn't quite feeling well. You know, I just wither when you're not around.... your absence takes such a heavy toll on my consciousness :(

:rolleyes:

:D :D

Where are you, Britain? In the shrubs outside my window? Cause uhm... I think you're stalking me :woah::tongue:

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

:D :D

Where are you, Britain? In the shrubs outside my window? Cause uhm... I think you're stalking me :woah::tongue:

:laugh: what am i,the worlds worst stalker? I'm watching you from a few 1000 miles away:tongue:

And as i write this i recieve my 4th email in the last five minutes telling me that Vixenfoxxy has replied to a post,who's stalking who? :tongue:

Originally posted by starshaped

:laugh: what am i,the worlds worst stalker? I'm watching you from a few 1000 miles away:tongue:

And as i write this i recieve my 4th email in the last five minutes telling me that Vixenfoxxy has replied to a post,who's stalking who? :tongue:

As if it's my fault that you still have email notification turned on? It's just your way of making sure that you know every time I've replied to any thread. Tracking device much? Why not just attach a little radar collar to my ankle? *sigh* the things I go through simply to defend myself from the postwhores of Britain as they chase me around clubplanet..... ;)

Originally posted by airscape

Hey people, just moved to Fredericksburg a little while ago, and was wondering what goes on around here. Obviously nothing in Fredericksburg, unless im just blind or something =-P. Anyway i hear DC is pretty cool, athough i have no job yet so im pretty much poor to be riding out there all the time. Also only turn 20 in afew days so 21+ is out for me. From Canada originally, moved to Florida for a couple years, then to Alabama (suprisingly good party town) now im in Fred, and its pretty much hurting lol. Anyway i know about glow and thats bout it, never been but looks cool. Mostly into Trance, Prog, House, but id settle for a house party with a $20 radio at this point. Anyway just thought id say hi, any info would be cool thanks.

basically................your fucked

Good luck though