Clubplanet Nightlife Community

now thats a fuckin reasonable deal!!!!!

mindfaqd

Espn.com is reporting that the Knicks are in talks w/ the bulls. The proposed trade is Jalen Rose for Spree. I think its a descent trade. Both of them are bitches to work with, but their #s are comparable and Jalen is 3" taller, 2 years younger and a true small forward. his last years stats are better all around too.

That would be a horrible trade for the Bulls....the last thing they would need is Spree influencing all their young players. Either way, unless Jerry Krause is a total jackass (which I doubt to a certain extent), the only guys I'd consider trading for a guy like Spree would be Marcus Fizer and Eddie Robinson, which, considering the lack of youth and big men on the Knicks roster, would probably be a much better trade for them.

Unfortunately, shooting guards are a dime a dozen right now. I can't think of a single team in the league that really needs one (if Szcerbiak is playing SG for the T-Wolves), and hence if the Knicks are able to trade him at all, they'll get jack shit in return for him because his contract is so huge and he's a troublemaker in the locker room. I think about 28 teams in the league would trade for Bonzi Wells in a heartbeat over Spree, and since he's better, younger, and on the market, Spree's not gonna go anywhere until Bonzi is shipped out of Portland.

Why does everyone underestimate Spree? The guy is one of the great shooting guards! Does everybody forget that he's not playing his position and is still able to keep some small forwards at bey? He is a 20point a game scorer and hes always shooting over guys that are 2 to 5 inches taller than him. move him back to the two where he is covering guys his own height, weight and shooting over 6'6" SGs and u'd really see how good he is. Most teams would be very lucky to get him. He has been the only New York Knick to try and lead this shitty club for the last 2 years. Before this yachting BS the media was making him out to be a premier player w/ a dramatic life turnaround story to tell. Now he's an outcast. Fickle bastards. :blown:

I'm not saying he's not good, I'm just saying that he's on the wane and that he ruins team chemistry. Good teams don't want him because he'll ruin the chemistry, and bad teams don't want him because he's expensive and starting to pull a Mitch Richmond impression. I'm sure he'd be fine for the next two years, but after that, unless he has a big attitude adjustment (and improves his outside shot) he'll be pretty worthless.

Oh, and as far as SF goes, Lee Nailon would be a better starter than Spree. That way you have a guy coming off the bench who can create a bit and actually play defense. Either way, considering the personnel on the Knicks, it dumbfounds me that they can't score. They have about 7 legitimate double digit scorers on the roster, but Chaney's stupid slow down offense really hinders the team. If they needed to trade anyone, it was Chaney, buy Layden decided to sign him for another 5 years....oh well. Maybe they'll get better when LJ stops counting against the cap, the ridiculous contracts they gave to role players run out (Travis Knight and Michael Doleac have about 60 million in contract between them), and they don't trade a young draft pick who could end up being the NBA's next great true power forward for a guy who was already chronicly injured. Eh, whatever, it's not like I root for the Knicks anyway....just pointing out that Layden's a bonehad....

Originally posted by brickhouse

Either way, considering the personnel on the Knicks, it dumbfounds me that they can't score. They have about 7 legitimate double digit scorers on the roster, but Chaney's stupid slow down offense really hinders the team. If they needed to trade anyone, it was Chaney, buy Layden decided to sign him for another 5 years....oh well. Maybe they'll get better when LJ stops counting against the cap, the ridiculous contracts they gave to role players run out (Travis Knight and Michael Doleac have about 60 million in contract between them), and they don't trade a young draft pick who could end up being the NBA's next great true power forward for a guy who was already chronicly injured. Eh, whatever, it's not like I root for the Knicks anyway....just pointing out that Layden's a bonehad....

7 ? who? u overestimate the talent of the personel. I count 4 consistent double digit scorers on the roster. Spree, Houston, Nailon and Thomas

stupid trade after stupid trade, bad choices on draft nights, loading up on role players for big salaries. these offenses would land any GM on the unemployment line. But owner Dolan loves ass kissing yes men like Layden and Chaney. The club is doomed because the owner and management really suck ass.

NO NO NO!!

When will the Knicks learn...Trading high-priced shit for more of the same doesn't make ANY sense.

Trade Spree for some schmucks in the final year of their contract and clear some cap space finally. I'm a die-hard fan, but I know they currently suck and they need to REBUILD!!

Layden is truly an idiot! :blown: