Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vegas New Years Eve

Hey does anybody know whats up in vegas for new years eve. Im going with a bunch of people. We are used to going to New York and Miami, but thought vegas would be cool. Cant find much about whats happening out there for new years. I heard Ra was cool, Rain ive seen on real world, didnt look bad, but i dont know. We all like crobar in miami, and used to like vinyl in new york, any recommendations?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went there last year with about 13 other people. Tee clubs are really expensive to go into New Years night. What my group did is hotel hop and drink on the strip. It gets so packed that by the time midnite rolls around everyone is your friend. The best part is the fireworks going off simultaneously at midnite from the roofs of all the hotels. Its really spectacular. My advice, if you wan tto go to the clubs, go the days prior to NEw Years, but if u have the money to spend, then do it, but reserve yourself NOW.

Hey thanks for the advice...Ill mention what you said to the people im going with, but i doubt it will sink in. I would be very happy wasted, watching the fireworks on the strip, but it is a special day for me and my woman, and I know i should try and make it better for her, since we are going to vegas with all my friends. Still open for suggestions...

Hey... I'm going to be there too. Don't know what to do either though. It's my first time. My hotel is having some party (which will probably be lame) but it's open bar. So I figure we will drink there for a while and then hop to the strip and find a club to party at. I was talking to someone else that's goin to vegas too, and we were thinkin about havin' a meetup there around new years.

hey where in ct are you from, im from ct too. But yeah, we have a bunch people going to vegas, could always use more, to party. What hotel are you staying at cuz mine has happy hour 3 hours a day for free. I forget the name, ill get back to you with that.

I went last year for new years. All the clubs have parties, Ill be at Rain this year. You're most likely gonna have to buy tics to the party you want to go to a couple of weeks in advanced. Its a sick party, coolest people and hottest girls in the country. Ill be going with a large crew too, like 15 heads. We should all def meet up at Drais for afterhours one nite

Originally posted by cj7dave2

hey where in ct are you from, im from ct too. But yeah, we have a bunch people going to vegas, could always use more, to party. What hotel are you staying at cuz mine has happy hour 3 hours a day for free. I forget the name, ill get back to you with that.

I live in Mystic, how ‘bout you?

I’ll be staying at Treasure Island, then the Hyatt which is off strip. Clubrat Did you already buy tickets for Rain on NYE? Have you ever been there before? That place will probably be packed as hell, since the Real World was there. I bet it will be really overpriced too. Oh well, it looks pretty cool though. Drais sounds good. We’ll have to set that up.

:party:

Originally posted by copahc

I live in Mystic, how ‘bout you?

I’ll be staying at Treasure Island, then the Hyatt which is off strip. Clubrat Did you already buy tickets for Rain on NYE? Have you ever been there before? That place will probably be packed as hell, since the Real World was there. I bet it will be really overpriced too. Oh well, it looks pretty cool though. Drais sounds good. We’ll have to set that up.

:party:

I'm from southington.

I looked at some things on the net for prices and they are hard to find, and when i did find them i could tell if they were talking about this year or last, but it seems that just to get into most of the places its anywhere from 100 to 250 bucks, i dont know if that icludes anything. So if you have to buys drinks on top of that then it probably aint worth it.

Clubrat do you know what rain is charging?

Drais sounds like a good place but i heard that it could be a bitch to get into, especially on nights like new years. I keep on seeing this flyer for MOS having an afterhours thing at house of blues, with oakenfold and a few others, but its 175 bucks. On one hand i dont want to pay 175 to get in if thats all i get for 175 but on the other hand i dont just want to walk around wasted, although that wouldnt be too bad.

Either way, all you cprs are going there with your friends, we should definately all get together one night, i dont know what the hell my hotel is like, but i know i have a living room and kitchen and its a block from mgm, so if it seems like people there arent gonna get too pissed, everyone is welcome to come over one night, we'll get wasted and see if we make it out to a club or something

Hey Cj7dave2, I admit Drais is a bitch to get into epeacially on NYE. Last year it was like $50-75 afterr greasing the bouncer b/c of the line. When any big name dj is playing get prepared to shell out $$$. GLO is also another after hour venue. Alot of heads from the northeast go there. I dont know what Rain is charging. Tics havent gone on sale yet.

Last year, the Rubber party was in town for that weekend. It was on the 30th. This is a floating party mainly on the west coast. It was in the event center of the mandalay bay. Its kinda like a rave, but people wear outragous clothes, almost liek pimps and hoes, its call the rubber party b/c the dancers and many girls wear rubber paint as clothes. :eek: By far one of the craziest parties I have ever been to. Pretend an arena was closed down for a nite, and made into a club. Thats what this is. If you get tired, you can walk around, sit, and mingle ;) in the stands. Only 6 more weeks cait wait!!

thanks for the info clubrat...i guess itll work out, i dont mind spending lots of money, and neither do some of my friends, there are just a few who are gonna be a pain in the ass about stuff, so ill have to work on them harder than the door men i think. Drais does look pretty suite, and so does the rubber party, if its there this year, i guess ill just find some hot women on the internet and tell my hesitant buddies that theyll be at the place we go.

on the other hand though, it seems like vegas tries to hide whats going on there, i cant find a lot of info on whats going on this year, tried lookin, found a little, but they never say what year it is on the website and then i find out its for last year or the year before. anyone know of any good websites for info?

Im just lookin for ideas trying to figure out what to do. I hear that south beach is awesome for new years but im not sure if im feelin it. How much is it running u guys per person to get the hotel and airfare to vegas ? and is it all inclusive? id rather get the plain deal and make the trip cheaper and the partying expensive.

funkmastagbag...dont know how much for the ticket, i got mine for free, my girl hooked me up, but our hotel was 100 a night, and its a suite, a block from the strip. I dont know if they still have rooms, but the hotel doesnt look bad, they give us 3 hours of free drinks everynight too, I think its called the Hawthorne Suites but dont quote me on that, i didnt make the reservations. My friends paid a little over 200 for plane tickets from connecticut, so i dont know where you are or how much youll pay from there. If you want cheap food in vegas go to a buffet...youll probably find one for 3-5 bucks all you can eat if you try. You always have the option of winning enough to stay in nice hotel and fly first class. Buts thats what I know so, i guess its up to you to decide.

Airfare ran me about $380 from NYC to Vegas... but I've seen flights for under $300 round trip. Hotels vary in price, but on New Years they are always mor expensive.. I'm staying at the Flamingo, and my suite is running me about $250-$300 per night. From what I've heard, the cost of flight and hotel pales in comparison to the spending money you'll need on New Year's Eve in Las Vegas! I'm willing to test that theory out :D

Airfare ran me about $275 from Laguardia-ny. The Hotel is costing me $200 bucks for the whole weekend. Penthouse at Luxor, 2000 sq ft, with hot tub by the window in the living room. hey, it pays to be friends with people who work for Paramount. As for buffets being $5, maybe way way off the strip, and the food is prob not going too be that good. Its more like $20-$30 at major hotels. Last year the Bellagio had a new years day brunch for $30. But im talking about all shellfish, filet mignot, shark, and free champagne. Load up, b/c it will prob be the only meal you will have all day

FYI, Drais is over. The people that ran it moved it to a place called Seven a couple of months back. It may still be open but don't bother going. Go there or Glo for a NYE afterhours.

I don't know if there is a Club Rubber NYE party there yet, but i'm guessing there will be as Damian and John moved to Vegas this year. Their parties are always a lot of fun - crazy sexy hot outfits everywhere! :)

check out

http://www.clubrubber.net/Photos/PhotosMain.cfm

for pics from their parties.

also check out

www.coolvegas.com

for more party info.

Maybe they are doing it again, but those details for Oakie at the House of Blues are what were published for NYE last year....you should double check on that.

hope that helps!

hell ya there are going to be more girls in vegas on ny -- we'll i think i'll be there. currently have plans to be in either vegas, miami, or san fran!! most likely vegas or miami, but VEGAS ROCKS!!! was there 4th of July and had THE TIME OF MY LIFE!! I i should move to vegas...

Hey, i found out what's going on at Rain on NYE...

NEW YEAR'S EVE @ RAIN IN THE DESERT

Tuesday, December 31, 2002

GRAND MASTER FLASH

$150 pre-sale/$200 the day of

Includes champagne toast and party favors

Tickets available at Stuff & Ticketmaster

Well then it looks like there is going to be a big clubplanet party in Vegas for New Years. Well be there with about 5 people looking for something to do Id rather not :bong: but if thats the only this left to do. Im hoping that someone can tell me where there is some good :dj: spinning. I hear Oakie is going to be there, but Im not willing to pay $175 to see him.

But you all say that some hotels have :beer: all free all night. I wouldnt mind getting hammered either way.

My biggest problem is that ll the people Im going to be with are expecting me to find out exactly what it is that we are going to do. If anyone can tell me how i could look like this :woah: that would be greatly appreciated.

All the best and F$#K the rest.

Originally posted by BgGabolski

My biggest problem is that ll the people Im going to be with are expecting me to find out exactly what it is that we are going to do. If anyone can tell me how i could look like this :woah: that would be greatly appreciated.

All the best and F$#K the rest.

My dearest VegasVirgin,

I will tell you right now that the only thing you need to worry about is getting to Vegas -- the rest takes care of itsel. SinCity will leave you :woah: wether you're there on a holiday or on a regular day. Show up at your hotel, sit at a table or slot machine and the drinks come to you for free, when you're done - ask anyone where to get some more drinks for free and you shall be pointed in the right direction, the streets will be filled on NYE (great for meeting hotties) and I guarantee these simple steps will start a snowball effect (that grows bigger & bigger at an exponential rate each moment) of no sleep, skinny dipping, and the most fun you've ever had in your life. There is no place on EARTH quite like Las Vegas. PM me when you're back -- can't wait to hear the adventures. In fact KIT, I may be there as well.

Take care!!

:beer: