Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ferrari F40 Autox Pics

I'm sooooo pissed i missed out on this one. I'm sick and have an exam to study for so I decided to pass, the only Porsche club autox i've missed this entire season. I get a call from my brother, guess what... one of my favorite cars ever produced was there competiting. Sometimes they get Ferraris that stop by and watch but never participate. Fukin A man. Anyway here are a few pics.

DSCN4581.jpg

DSCN4582.jpg

DSCN4583.jpg

DSCN4585.jpg

hehehehe. yeah seriously. 335s in the rear. talk about spending a fortune on tires, not to mention other things..

All in all my brother had the same time as the F40 guy. Autox is 70% driver, 30% car. I'd be afraid of hitting cones in that thing, props to the owner for actually bringing it out and competing.

Doesn't have ABS, my brother said he locked up in a corner and slide over a few cones. Props for pushing the car too. :eek:

Originally posted by teklord310

hehehehe. yeah seriously. 335s in the rear. talk about spending a fortune on tires, not to mention other things..

All in all my brother had the same time as the F40 guy. Autox is 70% driver, 30% car. I'd be afraid of hitting cones in that thing, props to the owner for actually bringing it out and competing.

Doesn't have ABS, my brother said he locked up in a corner and slide over a few cones. Props for pushing the car too. :eek:

no ABS? that seams a little assenine... definately props for taking that thing out of the garage and onto the track... wow...

Originally posted by joeg

no ABS? that seams a little assenine... definately props for taking that thing out of the garage and onto the track... wow...

real racecars don't have some sissy ABS system. The last thing you need when braking at the limit is some ABS computer bitching at you and taking control away ;)

Some of the NW MR2 guys invited one to an AutoX but it never showed. Absolutely gorgeous car, and props to actually driving it how it was meant to be driven.

wetoddimage%2Ejpg

Originally posted by cintron

real racecars don't have some sissy ABS system. The last thing you need when braking at the limit is some ABS computer bitching at you and taking control away ;)

Some of the NW MR2 guys invited one to an AutoX but it never showed. Absolutely gorgeous car, and props to actually driving it how it was meant to be driven.

Yep! ABS is for pussies... next season i'm going to mess around without it. In the 944 it kicks in at the right time, in the eclipse it was pretty annoying. The only thing that sucks about not having abs is locking up a tire and flatspotting it.

On a similar note some guy had at the last event had an M coupe with full metalic race brake pads. Whenever he would stomp on the pedal it would spray sparks everywhere. :eek: