Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
luvle02

Debt

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

I have STUPID debt from when I was 18 and decided to get every card in AMERICA from Visa to BLoomies. Now I had to cut almost all of them up and I am paying for it...I dont even want to look at my credit report:eek:

My situation is similar... got my first card at 20, had a decent amt. of debt by the time I graduated and then quickly accumulated more b/c my first job paid jack... I'm slowly but surely working my way out of the hole...

Seriously folks, do what you can to avoid using your credit card at all costs...

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

I have STUPID debt from when I was 18 and decided to get every card in AMERICA from Visa to BLoomies. Now I had to cut almost all of them up and I am paying for it...I dont even want to look at my credit report:eek:

My situation is similar... got my first card at 20, had a decent amt. of debt by the time I graduated and then quickly accumulated more b/c my first job paid jack... I'm slowly but surely working my way out of the hole...

Seriously folks, do what you can to avoid using your credit card at all costs...

i dont usually post anything too personal about myself on these boards but maybe some of you can learn from my mistakes...

i got my 1st credit cards while i was in college, never using them that much since mom and dad were basically paying my way through school. after i graduated, i totally slacked off and didn't get a "real" job right away so i was making little money, but had a lot of bills (rent, utilities, college loans, etc). i started using my credit cards to pay for bills, then i just went buckwild and spent spent spent. i couldn't/didn't make the minimum payments on a few of my cards and had collectors call me NON-STOP. not until one credit agency put a levy on my bank account and threatened to sue me did i finally wake up and see what i was doing.

using credit cards wisely (paying your bills on time, not getting i n way over your head) can help to build your credit. using them like i did can become a huge burden on you and your future.

as of 11/11/02, i owe $3,244 on my cards.

most (85%) of this debt is due to me charging my car insurance and booking my cruise to Bermuda

I dont think its a terrible amount compared to my salary of $49,500/yr

I'm 23 and have had my credit cards for 4 years now.

Joe