Clubplanet Nightlife Community

random IM

nothing random about it...

got the same thing a few weeks ago (and actually again last night) and it went a little something like:

----

www.Night***Wiz.com ~ Club / Party Info, Jobs, Chat Boards, Photos... ~ www.****nightclub.com ~

do i know you?

no, i got your name from a list that was sold to me.

well then kindly do me a favor and take it the hell off your fucking list. thanks.

----

i'm really pissed about this.

Guest alexncw1982

ok i'll try to end this drama on here since i'm kinda sick of gettin emails about it now

i'm the owner of that site

we did not get any of those aim names from clubplanet

the list was traded to us by another promoter in exchange for free advertisement of their party

the promoter told us he purchased the names from another site that i won't name on here with permission to advertise to the list

so anyone who got that ad was a member of that site also

and if you recieved the ad you have already been removed so no need to have a nervous breakdown over this

Originally posted by bebby6919

:laugh: No e-mails or IMs for me... wahooo i hate online promoters :blown:

Hey all online promoters are not bad. :cool:

Everyone on my mailing list has either signed up for my list at one point or emailed me to be on my list. I have never bought a list, and actually I am quite annoyed myself when I find my email address is being spammed with promotion emails.

I think one of the boards (not CP) I signed up for is selling the emails, as I have NEVER signed up for a promotion list using one of my email addresses which receives all this email anyway.

I think they were trying to make this illegal.

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A08652 .

I am not sure about the status.

I am tempted to contact everyone who has sent me unsolicited email concerning parties in NYC and find out who sold them the list.

peace

Originally posted by alexncw1982

ok i'll try to end this drama on here since i'm kinda sick of gettin emails about it now

i'm the owner of that site

we did not get any of those aim names from clubplanet

the list was traded to us by another promoter in exchange for free advertisement of their party

the promoter told us he purchased the names from another site that i won't name on here with permission to advertise to the list

and if you recieved the ad you have already been removed so no need to have a nervous breakdown over this

Even as you admit the above, you are saying that you knowingly have sent people, who did not sign up through you directly for your services, emails and IMS.

That is what SPAM is. Ironic that you are sick of getting emails about it, isn't it?

peace

Originally posted by gqraver

Hey all online promoters are not bad. :cool:

Everyone on my mailing list has either signed up for my list at one point or emailed me to be on my list. I have never bought a list, and actually I am quite annoyed myself when I find my email address is being spammed with promotion emails.

Well yeah if people sign up than thats a good thing for the promoters. I hate getting IMs and Emails when I didnt sign up tho. Because then everyone one at a time hits the "reply all" button and your mailbox is full of drama emails saying stupid stuff, like "get me off this list", "how did you get my name "stop hitting reply all". That shit annoys me to no end.

Originally posted by bebby6919

Well yeah if people sign up than thats a good thing for the promoters. I hate getting IMs and Emails when I didnt sign up tho. Because then everyone one at a time hits the "reply all" button and your mailbox is full of drama emails saying stupid stuff, like "get me off this list", "how did you get my name "stop hitting reply all". That shit annoys me to no end.

I agree.

If a promoter is sending out an email though with everyone's email addresses actually in the "To" section, or using a mailing list where if anyone replies to the list (usually a listserv) and everyone gets an email who's on that list, then that promoter needs to learn how to use email and proper netiquette.

As for IMs, I don't even do that, that's like calling someone's house to sell magazines.

peace

Originally posted by alexncw1982

false.

i got that IM twice now.

and i won't be surprised if i get it again.

and there's EVERY reason to get upset about this... it's nothing short of annoying and criminal.

Originally posted by thehacker

false.

i got that IM twice now.

and i won't be surprised if i get it again.

and there's EVERY reason to get upset about this... it's nothing short of annoying and criminal.

Yeah the guy/girl/it is an obvious asshole and should be flamed. What a moron. Give us your personal info and we'll hook u up with all the goodies. Come to one of the meetups, i'll buy you a drink.

:blown:

Originally posted by gqraver

I agree.

If a promoter is sending out an email though with everyone's email addresses actually in the "To" section, or using a mailing list where if anyone replies to the list (usually a listserv) and everyone gets an email who's on that list, then that promoter needs to learn how to use email and proper netiquette.

As for IMs, I don't even do that, that's like calling someone's house to sell magazines.

peace

lol true

Originally posted by teklord310

Yeah the guy/girl/it is an obvious asshole and should be flamed. What a moron. Give us your personal info and we'll hook u up with all the goodies. Come to one of the meetups, i'll buy you a drink.

:blown:

I think I have an idea of who it might be.