Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How materialistic are you?

sosultan

I noticed how a lot of peeps on this board make their long term goals revolve around being 'financially secure'. Well, financially secure is a probably an understatement when you talk about owing apartments at NYC, Venice, and driving 6 figure cars. So how materialistic are we?

I think everyone wants to be financially secure, especially in today's world. I work hard and I want to be able to enjoy my success. I believe it's completely okay to want nice things, but at the same time to also appreciate the small things and realize that money and nice cars don't amount to much if you don't also invest in your friends and family.

If I had to choose, I'd pick love and being poor than being alone and rich!!!!

Originally posted by mystify82281

I think everyone wants to be financially secure, especially in today's world. I work hard and I want to be able to enjoy my success. I believe it's completely okay to want nice things, but at the same time to also appreciate the small things and realize that money and nice cars don't amount to much if you don't also invest in your friends and family.

Money is associated with happiness, sometimes they go hand in hand, but I would rather have a little and have love, friends, and family, than have a lot and no one to share it with....

Originally posted by sosultan

I noticed how a lot of peeps on this board make their long term goals revolve around being 'financially secure'. Well, financially secure is a probably an understatement when you talk about owing apartments at NYC, Venice, and driving 6 figure cars. So how materialistic are we?

The desire to be successful does not mean we are materialistic. As stated above, we work hard and want to reap the benefits of doing so.

True. But the desire to lead a lush lifestyle does.

Who doesn't want to lead a lush lifestyle? Of course, it's more important to some than to others... I don't want to be struggling my whole life, but if I can get by while working at a job I love, with the man I adore at my side, so be it...

i don't believe that brand names make a person better, if that's what you mean.

as long as i have enough to make sure my family is ok, and i can get a little hut on some island in the south pacific when i am old and live off the land, i don't care how much money i have.

As everyone else said, I work hard, and I want to live comfortably and not struggle financially for the rest of my life. Yes I want to have nice things, but that doesnt mean im materialistic. No i've never had a sugar daddy, I dont need that when I have jobs to support myself.

I AM WHAT MATERIAL IS MADE OUT OF...

Originally posted by mystify82281

I agree with Mystify on this one...I couldnt have said it any better myself( and I am DAMN good with words)...you read my thoughts exactly:D