Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good lord I need a drink!

tinybutterfli

Yes, I realize its only noon but I'm having a shitty time here. A few weeks ago my company announced that they would be letting 150 of us go. So they let us stew for a while and earlier this week I found out that my boss was one of the 150! I love my boss - he is the best boss in the world and now he's gone :( So of course I've been sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop since my job kind of hinges on his job... So guess what? My job has been eliminated but thankfully someone else in the company has requested that I come work for him...

I'm grateful that I still have a job but my world has been turned up side down. My entire team (20 people) has been disolved and scattered all over the company and country.

I found out I have to get a clearance for the new job. The thought of federal agents ransacking my personal life is making me a little nervous.

I've also lost my private cube and am moving to some big open space. Good thing I made 1500 posts already, huh? :tongue:

*end rant* I am grateful that I still have a job.... I am grateful that I still have a job.... I am....

I'll buy you a drink if you come out Friday! :tongue:

Seriously though, don't fret too much -- it sucks right now but as raver said, it could open new doors. And you have a huge network of friends and acquaintances all over the U.S. should you ever need help.

:type: on c.p. while you still can!

'stina :D

Originally posted by cookiegirl

I'll buy you a drink if you come out Friday! :tongue:

If I'm here I will go out. That reminds me.. VIC - shoot me an email. I might be going up to NYC on Friday instead, I have some stuff to take care of during the day on Saturday. Not 100% yet but just wanted to give you the heads up.

Thanks guys for your encouraging words. I'd really like an encouraging shot of vodka right now :D

well party hearty this weekend to help you forget the week in work :)

i remember last year when a similar thing happenede in my company, we had some lay offs and of course we were all a bit nervous since a coupleof people from my team got the shaft, but like ravermania mentioned, maybe youll be gratefull down the road, the new position might bring in some new opportunities and responsibilities...although what we were talking about on saturday definitly sucks

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

If I'm here I will go out. That reminds me.. VIC - shoot me an email. I might be going up to NYC on Friday instead, I have some stuff to take care of during the day on Saturday. Not 100% yet but just wanted to give you the heads up.

Thanks guys for your encouraging words. I'd really like an encouraging shot of vodka right now :D

Leave Sat - come to the party Fri! :D

Originally posted by sauvee88

Ok - how about really ready to dance woman instead..... ;)

Aren't I always??? :D

Well 'cept that time at Ruth's house when I seem to have let someone borrow my mojo and my ass became quite aquainted with the pink couch :laugh:

Crank! When do you get back? Not that I'm in a hurry to claim that free drink or anything ;)

I feel ya, Tini. I went through the same thing with my job, as you know. We went from 200 plus people a couple years ago, down to 10 at its lowest point. One thing I really had to learn to do was completely detach myself from any personal feelings with my company so that it wouldn't effect me seeing everyone around me get canned.

As for the security clearance, it's cake. Don't stress too much about it. I went through it for my first job out of college. I had smoked insane amounts of pot, drank everyday, and wasn't what you would call a model citizen, and yet I was still able to get a Top Secret clearance. The only thing you have to do on the clearance app, is DON'T LIE. It doesn't matter if you've killed someone in the past, just don't lie about it. They don't care about past wrongdoings, just any past wrongdoings that you're not willing to admit that someone else could use to blackmail you. The questions aren't TOO personal, either. They do a credit check, ask if you've done drugs, stuff like that. It should be just a little more complex than an employment app.

Originally posted by malanee

((hugs)) That sucks! But it sounds like someone there likes you! Wish I could take you out for a drink. I'm sending you lots of cyber snuggles instead. Give me a ring or email me soon, 'k?

Malanee!!! *mwah mwah* I miss ya darlin'! Thanks for the cyber snuggles! I'll give you a call soon!!!

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

As for the security clearance, it's cake. I had smoked insane amounts of pot, drank everyday, and wasn't what you would call a model citizen, and yet I was still able to get a Top Secret clearance.

Ohh I feel really safe now:rolleyes: I'm sure we're in good hands....between your top secret clearance, crownroyal's gig, and Major Tingle out there in the desert.....

BTW, Tinibutter layoffs aren't that bad, you get some time off and severance, some of the best times I've had in the past 3 years were right after I was laid off. It's happened twice to me and both times were great(Vegas&Miami), I wish I could get laid off every year to tell you the truth......

tinybutterfli i am in a very similar situation! yet to come out and meet you but i totally sympathize - it's scary and it sucks but i am hoping the "when one door closes another one opens" thing is true :) i was offered another job w/my company but with a big ass paycut. no good.

re: the clearance - wanted to share what an experienced friend just told me today. i asked about the same thing cuz lots of jobs out there require them and i am looking. she said they will tolerate the honesty on stuff shady mentioned, but but "experimentation" as a student (over a year ago was the figure) is one thing - more recent stuff may be another? not sure yet myself, just passing on what i've heard...

good luck!!

-jamie