Clubplanet Nightlife Community

opinions wanted

Destiny

When you're in a relationship, do you believe that everything should be 50/50?? . Do you believe that marriage should also be 50/50??

My friends and I brought up this topic, and one of my guy friends said that the way he was brought up, regarding marriage, the woman can work if she wants but doesnt have to, if he works and shes tired when he gets home, he does all the housework. The woman is queen and should be put on a pedastal, thats it no questions asked. Same with if its just a girlfriend, he always wants to go pick her up, he wants to pay for everything etc etc. I find that a few guys I know think this way, more then I expected.

Personally, I think that everything should be 50/50. my girl friends seem to agree with me, however my guy friends do not.

any opinions???

i agree with tastyt :but of course lol:... nowadays... i mean unless there are kids involved that need to be cared for, its kind of unrealistic IMO for just one 1/2 to work.... unless the one 1/2 makes a shitload and therefore the other partner need NOT lift a finger.. u know?

but i think that ideally, both husband and wife should do their part...

well everybody's different and got a different way of living their life

as long as you end up with someone who agrees with your opinions, than i think you're fine

but imo i hope to marry someone who will be willing to put in just as much as me... and maybe where i put in less he can put it more... kinda like we can level each other out.... :)

Originally posted by sassa

no, not everything is 50/50

You're right, not everything can be 50/50. But in the grand scheme of things, it should all more or less balance itself out. IE, you take me out for dinner one night, I'll cook for you the next. You fix the gutters, I'll clean the toilet, lol. (Not to fall into stereotyped roles, but that's the best I can do before I rush out for the night).

no, not everything is 50/50

figures you would say that..... :rolleyes:

The whole paying for everything and pedastal crap is obselete. 50/50, thats how it should be and if you ever get divorced I believe whoever made the most money while you were together should keep accordingly.

Originally posted by dnice35

figures you would say that..... :rolleyes:

The whole paying for everything and pedastal crap is obselete. 50/50, thats how it should be and if you ever get divorced I believe whoever made the most money while you were together should keep accordingly.

why? and what's with you rolling your eyes at me? :blank:

i'm just being realistic. there are some things a woman will do that a man cannot do, ie breastfeed a child, for example. a man could probably do outdoor things better than a woman. it depends. that's why i don't think it's 50/50, responsibility around the house wise. in other aspects, it better be 50/50!

why? and what's with you rolling your eyes at me? :blank:

i'm just being realistic. there are some things a woman will do that a man cannot do, ie breastfeed a child, for example. a man could probably do outdoor things better than a man. it depends. that's why i don't think it's 50/50, responsibility around the house wise. in other aspects, it better be 50/50!

Oh ok sorry about that, I tought you were gonna pull some femenist shit about how woman deserve more......

yes, it should be 50/50

and those guys you were talking to were TRYING to score points and respect by saying that they´d do ANYTHING for a women, that a women should be on a pedestreal, that they always pay for their girls (and future wives) etc.

what they of course not get is that that gets them NOWHERE. maybe you should point it out to them...

Originally posted by tastey

yes, it should be 50/50

and those guys you were talking to were TRYING to score points and respect by saying that they´d do ANYTHING for a women, that a women should be on a pedestreal, that they always pay for their girls (and future wives) etc.

what they of course not get is that that gets them NOWHERE. maybe you should point it out to them...

No actually it must get them somewhere, they dont just say the stuff,they actually do it. It must work, because theyve been with their gf's for awhile now. Theyre girls try to pay, etc but their bf's wont let them. My one friend just started going out with his girl after a long relationship ended a year before, and he treats her with a lot of respect, but gets mad when she has to pay or wont let him do things for her.

I dont believe in the whole guy having to do everything, but some men get to the point where if you wont let them pay, they actually get mad. I agree with linabina, i think both should work, nowadays its kind of hard to only have one person working. One person in the relationship paying isnt realistiic either, it ends up being too much money on one part

I also believe that, although it's not always 50/50, we strive for a 50/50 relationship.

I bought dinner for a girl and myself once, and she foot the bill for a night out at a movie theatre.

I think emotionally, mentally and effortly (is that a word?), each partner should try to be in it as much as possible.

;)

Originally posted by destiny779

When you're in a relationship, do you believe that everything should be 50/50?? . Do you believe that marriage should also be 50/50??

My friends and I brought up this topic, and one of my guy friends said that the way he was brought up, regarding marriage, the woman can work if she wants but doesnt have to, if he works and shes tired when he gets home, he does all the housework. The woman is queen and should be put on a pedastal, thats it no questions asked. Same with if its just a girlfriend, he always wants to go pick her up, he wants to pay for everything etc etc. I find that a few guys I know think this way, more then I expected.

Personally, I think that everything should be 50/50. my girl friends seem to agree with me, however my guy friends do not.

any opinions???

well to each there own... its basically whatever makes the relationship/marriage work... however im 1/2 a fag wacko... and i love to cook, shop and clean... so regardless if im making big dough, or scrapping the barrel... i would wait hand and foot on my girl/wife... in the past when i was with my serious-ex... (we lived together for a while) and she worked later than i did... (even though back then i was pumping out 12hr days 5am already in the office till about 6pm) she was a bartender and she got home roughly 8 or so... and would have already done the shopping, did the laundry, and prepared dinner... (not just the left overs i ate but prepared the meal and waited) and you know what i loved it... making her happy made me happier... making life easier for her, made life easier for US... and thats what it was all about it... and im not married and far from it... however i cant imagine myself being any different in the future... granted im not like this with every girl,lady,woman... however I was like this with the one i was in LOVE with... so for the right person im sure most guys/anyone in a relationship is willing to go the extra mile, to go far and beyond the expected measures... now in the same vein, she was worth every penny, every action every effort every minute i spent with her... so what am i saying??? bottom line is everybody is different and every relationship is ever more unique than the other... so what works for one may not neccassarily (sp) work for another and vice versa... so as long as you think with your heart, work with your body, love like youve never been hurt.. then its all good...

<babble babble babble babble babble babble>

Originally posted by dgmodel

well to each there own... its basically whatever makes the relationship/marriage work... however im 1/2 a fag wacko... and i love to cook, shop and clean... so regardless if im making big dough, or scrapping the barrel... i would wait hand and foot on my girl/wife... in the past when i was with my serious-ex... (we lived together for a while) and she worked later than i did... (even though back then i was pumping out 12hr days 5am already in the office till about 6pm) she was a bartender and she got home roughly 8 or so... and would have already done the shopping, did the laundry, and prepared dinner... (not just the left overs i ate but prepared the meal and waited) and you know what i loved it... making her happy made me happier... making life easier for her, made life easier for US... and thats what it was all about it... and im not married and far from it... however i cant imagine myself being any different in the future... granted im not like this with every girl,lady,woman... however I was like this with the one i was in LOVE with... so for the right person im sure most guys/anyone in a relationship is willing to go the extra mile, to go far and beyond the expected measures... now in the same vein, she was worth every penny, every action every effort every minute i spent with her... so what am i saying??? bottom line is everybody is different and every relationship is ever more unique than the other... so what works for one may not neccassarily (sp) work for another and vice versa... so as long as you think with your heart, work with your body, love like youve never been hurt.. then its all good...

<babble babble babble babble babble babble>

i need to find a guy that will do all that for me...:(

i need to find a guy that will do all that for me...:(

You dont need a guy, you need a waiter. I mean there aint nothing wrong with spoiling a girl every now and then, but when you do it all the time. they take it for granted and you know thats a fact.

Originally posted by dnice35

Oh ok sorry about that, I tought you were gonna pull some femenist shit about how woman deserve more......

Quit talking out of your ass, you don't even know what feminism is about. :blank: Feminism is about EQUALITY, dumbass. Try educating yourself before making ignorant statements like that.

Originally posted by destiny779

any opinions???

Of course everything should be 50/50....a relationship consists of 100% effort from BOTH SIDES....granted who makes more money or works longer hours etc.. :aright: