Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cheating Spouse - What to do?

Freestyler

My girl's Mom is a cheater. Her parents were separated after the first time she did it, but they've been together for years now and are mature in age.

She's cheating with a co-worker and her dad has no idea and no one else knows. They both drink heavily and she calls him after her dad is passed out and will see him on weekends later when he's asleep after drinking etc. They BOTH drink, that's not the issue.

Her co-worker is married himself, younger, kids, etc. No one else knows. If we tell her we know, she won't care. She has no respect and no conscious.

What to do?

#1 - Tell her father what's going on. (he may do nothing, drink more, leave, who knows) As smaller town, if he is told, everyone will find out including the guy's wife and may destroy their family.

#2 - Mail anoynomous letter to man at his work saying someone knows and will tell your wife if it doesn't stop. (problem here is her mom may just then go find another guy and doesn't solve our problem)

#3 - Do nothing, she'll go to hell and so will the other guy, let everything be. Better no one finds out. lol

......other options

Any advice? I always find everyone on the board to have great comments and insight on life experiences.

What would you guys do????

is he capable of taking care of himself? would he have any support if they seperated? think of his mental condition if he found out his wife was cheating on him.

on the other hand, if i was married and someone was cheating on me,i'd like to know even if it hurts...std's and what not are involved...

she sounds disgusting. i suggest you pull her aside one time and sit her down for a talk. tell her you know and if she doesn't stop, she'll be ruining not only her life, but her husband's and child's too. if that doesn't stop her, then she deserves all she gets.

good luck.

dkny, I'm not going to get involved, but my girl wants to talk to her dad. Then again, if I tell her at night she is always forgetting what happened night before re: drinking anyways.

sassa, he makes the bread. he supports family. Worse is he would just drink more, then again never know.

As already in poor state re: prior cheating, he might just put up with it. It's sad.

I dunno.

It's really none of your business and the best thing is to stay out of it. It's the mother's place to come clean and tell the father. If you really want to help, maybe you can try to convince the mother and the father to go to counseling and AA - I think that the drinking problem could be a big factor in what's really wrong with their relationship.

agreed lizard, I think with alcohol being involved so frequently, probably effects alot of their communication, etc and I do think she has to fess up. Problem is, she may not unless forced too.

I never had any Intention of getting involved either or plan on it. I'm more computer friendly than my girl and she thought asking others may be good idea as we're not sure. I'm involved because we are both one. We share everything, and I consider her family closely as well.

At this point, she may just let it go on, she's planning on moving away eventually anyways. Still deciding though.