Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bam bom ba bom bam bom ba bom...

dgmodel

Originally posted by dgmodel

that piece of shit is selling for $79,000 dollars... (U.S.)

Are you kidding me?...............when we went diamond shopping they told us the more yellowish the tinge, it meant the more impurities it had in it, therefore the cheaper it was.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ou812

Are you kidding me?...............when we went diamond shopping they told us the more yellowish the tinge, it meant the more impurities it had in it, therefore the cheaper it was.

Fancy This

A "fancy" diamond is a natural diamond of color – such as red, green, purple, violet, orange, blue and pink – and should not be confused with a "fancy cut," which refers to shape. Fancy colors vary from faint to intense.

Any diamond that falls between K and Z on the Gemological Institute of America's color grading scale can contain small amounts of yellow but not be considered fancy. Any yellow diamond beyond Z is a fancy color and, as such, commands a premium.

Causes of color – yellow and otherwise – are not as cut and dried as you might think. Infinitesimal impurities, irradiation or anomalies in crystal growth – or combinations of these factors – are the known causes of color. Here's a closer look at each one.

Prevalent fancy diamond colors include yellow and brown. Even some pinks are tinged with brown.

http://www.professionaljeweler.com/archives/articles/1999/feb99/0299dg.html

that piece of shit is selling for $79,000 dollars... (U.S.)

Proof positive that money and taste are not synonymous... that thing looks hideous. If I had to pick I'd say the second one... although that wouldn't be my first choice either. Way too big for my hands.

Originally posted by tastyt

Proof positive that money and taste are not synonymous... that thing looks hideous. If I had to pick I'd say the second one... although that wouldn't be my first choice either. Way too big for my hands.

rare is always more money... same goes for art, the original is the rarest, & worth the most because there is only one. no one wants the same ring as someone else. like i said before, the yellow ring may look ugly but i bet if you had it in your hand it is stunning especially next to the boring traditional ones.

Originally posted by somebitch

Fancy This

A "fancy" diamond is a natural diamond of color – such as red, green, purple, violet, orange, blue and pink – and should not be confused with a "fancy cut," which refers to shape. Fancy colors vary from faint to intense.

Any diamond that falls between K and Z on the Gemological Institute of America's color grading scale can contain small amounts of yellow but not be considered fancy. Any yellow diamond beyond Z is a fancy color and, as such, commands a premium.

Causes of color – yellow and otherwise – are not as cut and dried as you might think. Infinitesimal impurities, irradiation or anomalies in crystal growth – or combinations of these factors – are the known causes of color. Here's a closer look at each one.

Prevalent fancy diamond colors include yellow and brown. Even some pinks are tinged with brown.

http://www.professionaljeweler.com/archives/articles/1999/feb99/0299dg.html

impressive... and youre absolutely right!!!

the ring i always said i was going to get my fiance/wife etc. was/is a platinum suspension ring, with a unique diamond and 1 carat for every year together... (ask that bitch to marry me 6months into the relationship) or whatever my pockets allow at the time...

Originally posted by danamdkny

:rolleyes: so she has a good searzh engine and took a geology class:blank:

hehe:tongue:

lol... synic... in any event... its true.. i was going to type something along those lines just im getting killed here at work and only get a few minutes between trades to relax/clear my head...

the ring i always said i was going to get my fiance/wife etc. was/is a platinum suspension ring, with a unique diamond and 1 carat for every year together... (ask that bitch to marry me 6months into the relationship) or whatever my pockets allow at the time...

ummm.........

I DO

:D :D

:laugh: :laugh:

are you going to ask someone to marry you or are you just curious about what rings people like??

Originally posted by somebitch

are you going to ask someone to marry you or are you just curious about what rings people like??

are you looking to get married??? then yes... other than that nah.. .just seeing what the popular consensus is and ish...