Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wmc 2003

a1wave

yo people... the dates are out for the WMC festival this coming spring... it's weird cause they've changed it so it's a tues through sat ... the dates are March 18-22... it used to be friday to wed... anyway, i *may* get to go since they changed the dates... will need to see when the parties are scheduled...

for more info, check out: http://www.wmcon.com

so who's going this year???? ;)

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

I am there. Really, really, really looking forward to this, it's gonna be awesome! I'm finally going to see Emerson again :D

So, we getting a beach house or what? :cool:

Did you already book your trip??

:confused: Condo or Miami, Miami or Condo:confused: ahhhh:splat:

I am there. Really, really, really looking forward to this, it's gonna be awesome! I'm finally going to see Emerson again :D

So, we getting a beach house or what? :cool:

seriously, we should get a shitload of peeps together and get a house. oh, what debauchery! :D

dude, my hand is bruised from jos falling last night! :drunk:

Originally posted by snatch69

seriously, we should get a shitload of peeps together and get a house. oh, what debauchery! :D

dude, my hand is bruised from jos falling last night! :drunk:

We could EASILY get 10+ people to go in on a house... it would be so cheap. Get a huge pad, cram in, go listen to good music, hit the beach, mix well, enjoy! A house would be perfect... anything is better than a hotel. How do we go about getting a house for the week in Miami? Anyone got any ideas?

The Pheonix Landing is seriously evil :drunk: Joslyn must be HURTING this morning!

Originally posted by kaydup

A house in Miami is not going to be cheap, even if you can find one. Especially for that week!

Nah I don't want to live in Miami, sure it would be fun sometimes, but not my pick of places

Oh dude, I didn't know you meant that you were going to BUY a condo! I just thought you were saying that you were going to vacation in a condo somewhere. Where are you thinking of buying a condo??

Yeah, a house won't be cheap, but usually if you get a big one and split it between a bunch of people it's cheaper than staying in a hotel. Plus it's not like any of us are going to be sleeping anyway! :roll:

Oh dude, I didn't know you meant that you were going to BUY a condo! I just thought you were saying that you were going to vacation in a condo somewhere. Where are you thinking of buying a condo??

Yeah, a house won't be cheap, but usually if you get a big one and split it between a bunch of people it's cheaper than staying in a hotel. Plus it's not like any of us are going to be sleeping anyway! :roll:

Hopefully in the fall, they have some sweet ones that are opening in the North end area

You're buying, not renting, right? It would be sweet to live in the north end... just make sure you get a parking space with it!!

Yeah buying hopefully, only way to go right now

And one can only pray for parking in this city

you guys probably want something in South Beach, not Miami. All the clubs except Space, Spin and maybe Crobar by then (Space is moving to a new location, 3x the size of the current one, and it looks like Crobar will take over the Space location) are in South Beach. For anything going on in those places just cab it there. Thats what A1, myself and the rest of the people we went with last year ended up doing.

I'll be permanently FUBAR for that entire week.

I'll probbaly buy my air tix next month, but 1000% I will be there.

vic - I LOVE YOUR SIGS!!!!!!! where do you find these things?!

can't wait to hang with you saturday! :comit:

for once all the spam mail i get on hotmail came in handy :D

i'll be in full force, so be scared, be very scared :eek:

2 more days!!!!! i can hear those drums getting louder !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by vicman

you guys probably want something in South Beach, not Miami. All the clubs except Space, Spin and maybe Crobar by then (Space is moving to a new location, 3x the size of the current one, and it looks like Crobar will take over the Space location) are in South Beach. For anything going on in those places just cab it there. Thats what A1, myself and the rest of the people we went with last year ended up doing.

I'll be permanently FUBAR for that entire week.

I'll probbaly buy my air tix next month, but 1000% I will be there.

vic, do you know about how much the whole thing will cost me? gotta start saving!

vic, do you know about how much the whole thing will cost me? gotta start saving!

it really wasnt all that expensive for me at least.

$180 for air tix DC-MIA (its cheaper if you fly into FtLauderdale)

$150 for 5 day accomodation (got the cheapest I could find and I stayed with 2 other friends...i mean your not going to spend that much time in the hotel room anyway, so why pay x-tra?)

$45 cover to 4 party nights, i'm not lying here...got in for free to one because we got there early, paid full cover for Deep Dish (which was unplanned-$30), no cover for Satoshi at Lola, and $15 at Tronic Treatment (courtesy of A1 who put us on the guest list and we only paid $15 to get in) TIP: as the party's are announce be on the lookout for the guest lists or reduced admission lists on the various message boards or at the clubs web sites (cooljunkie.com will have some good info)

$60 party favors

booze...1 open bar: $0; i lost count at how much I spent at Space; proly like $40 at Lola, and like $20 at Liquid for Tronic Treatment.

Food: I only ate out-out 3 times...c'mon you really dont think your gonna be that hungry? :D I just bought groceries say some $50 in groceries

Shopping: well thats up to each person.

anyway, i guess there is an advantadge of being a cheap bastard like i am :D

sweet. i thought it was gonna cost a lot more. i'm gonna look at flights now just to price.

you said fly into FT. Lauderdale? do you need to rent a car then? just for the ride into south beach or whatnot?

cab it all the way. its only like a 25-30 min ride from Ft.Laud. to sobe. for example, flying from baltimore to ft. lauderdale is about $40 to $50 cheaper than flying from DC to MIA, but then of course I have to add the $$ it would cost me to get to and from Baltimore.

i wouldnt rent a car (unless you plan to be driving all over Miami), because then, aside from paying for the rental, you will also have to pay for parking. to park on the street in sobe you need a permit, since people actually live in sobe, they get the permits and can park anywhere,a rental wont have the permit, so you would have to pay for a parking lot, and most of the clubs on sobe are within walking distance of most of the hotels, unless you end up staying all the way in the far end of the beach.

i thnk i;m going to end up taking that entire week off from work and get there on Friday or Saturday to get a head start on my tan :D

yeah, listen to vic... he's telling you the truth

1. don't rent a car

2. stay in South Beach for sure!

3. plan on spending more than vic did (vic you are setting yourself up for some good yelling i see... better to be safe. some people spend A LOT! especially when drinks are $10!)

4. book your airline tix early

5. add in a recovery day into your plan or else you will be SORRY

6. sign up for parties before that week (there are tons of parties that are guestlist only)

if i think of more, i'll come back... i still don't know if i can go :( i have school that fri and sat... playing hookie might have to be in order

Originally posted by a1wave

yeah, listen to vic... he's telling you the truth

1. don't rent a car

2. stay in South Beach for sure!

3. plan on spending more than vic did (vic you are setting yourself up for some good yelling i see... better to be safe. some people spend A LOT! especially when drinks are $10!)

4. book your airline tix early

5. add in a recovery day into your plan or else you will be SORRY

6. sign up for parties before that week (there are tons of parties that are guestlist only)

if i think of more, i'll come back... i still don't know if i can go :( i have school that fri and sat... playing hookie might have to be in order

kool. your info. will help us out for sure. and you *might* have to play hookey.....?? ;)

Originally posted by a1wave

ok, ok, i admit it...i'm cheap, but yeah, some people spend a lot, but i really expected to spend a lot more than i did last year. but your correct, drinks at some places are not cheap, $5 for a coke...uh, 1/3 of coke, 'cuz the other 2/3 is ice, at Space :mad:

please, please, please, pretty please, play hookie

joeygk from the miami board just reminded me of 3 other essentials for wmc:

1. ripped fuel, i'll be taking a bucket of the stuff to wmc, i think their 5,000 capsule version should be enough for 5 days.

2. chex mix, for complex carbs and recuperation

3. met-rx shakes, for its vitamins, minerals and protein, and low in fat, essential for proper recuperation from the previous nights activities