Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Meathead

vicman

your hero is back :eek:

DJ_id50fid1.jpg

" Will he repeat the success of his first album?

Ray Munns’ pathway to fame had its beginning in St. Charles, Missouri where he was born. The son of an Irish/English father and Korean mother, Ray's early years were spent traveling across the globe since his father worked for the Department of Defense. "We went to Greece, Saudi Arabia, back to the States to California, to Korea - where I really got into martial arts studies - and we finally moved back to the U.S. to Virginia when I was around ten or eleven," Ray recalls. "We went on to Fort Collins, Colorado which is the place I've called home ever since."

The turning point in Ray's teens came after he started going to raves and listening to techno. Specifically it was the song "Heart of Gold" produced by Force and Styles that "changed my life. Before that I was sad and depressed about where I was going but that song changed my perception and opened my mind to the possibility that I could have a career in something I wanted to do…" A few years and several minimum wage jobs later, at age 20, Ray wanted to be an MTV VJ, with the main goal being to give Dance music a wider, more diverse audience.

In 2000 Ray beat out 10,000 contestants to win MTV’s 3rd annual “Wanna Be A VJ†competition. On MTV, Munns hosted his own show, VJ For A Day, interviewed some of the worlds biggest stars including Jackie Chan, Stone Temple Pilots and the Red Hot Chili Peppers and kept his promise promoting the underground music scene. He graced magazine covers, was honored as one of People Magazine’s 50 Most Eligible Bachelors, and garnered numerous adolescent fans and fan pages.

Munns premiere CD, Ray’s House released May 2001 featured hot club and rave versions of popular hits by Dido, along with international dance favorites by multi-platinum artists including Rui De Silva, Darude, Ian Van Dahl, Tenth Planet and Home. The mission to bring electronic music to a new audience was accomplished as the album sold over 60,000 copies.

Ray Munns plays progressive trance – with doses of progressive house, hard house and epic trance. The new album is less vocal heavy than his first release. It reflects Munns’ musical maturation. Beginning with 666’s â€SupaDupaFly,†Funk Wax Records’ own Dave London’s “Glide,†and the more commercial, “Slyder†(Featured on Grand Theft Auto III). Munns says, “It takes you on a wave from dark to happy and back.†The 17-track album rounds out with Light Force’s “Join Me,†“Super Conscious†from Sipping Soma and “How Do You Feel,†from NEO.

Parting ways with MTV earlier this year, Ray is able to promote his forthcoming CD on turntables throughout the country as a DJ. “I’m leading a very hectic life right now but I’m very grateful that MTV has given me the chance of a lifetime.â€

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

What can I say? Ray has been a mentor to me ever since his life changed after hearing techno music.

I've had this one pre-ordered for a while now... can't wait to finally get my hands on it!

when u do, be sure to give it to kaydup or teamj5, so they can upload it and put it up on their soulseek files so i can DL from them...ooooh, it IS going to be a merry christmas after all!!!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by vicman

when u do, be sure to give it to kaydup or teamj5, so they can upload it and put it up on their soulseek files so i can DL from them...ooooh, it IS going to be a merry christmas after all!!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah that is if J5 stops protecting his files :shaky:

:punch: NEVER! I will seriously fight you over this one.

We are REALLY going to be fighting over your continued bashing of Sasha. what the hell is your problem punk. why is it every chance you can you have to say something negative about him? huh? you are a punk !

:box:

who's protecting files :confused:

Originally posted by teamj5

We are REALLY going to be fighting over your continued bashing of Sasha. what the hell is your problem punk. why is it every chance you can you have to say something negative about him? huh? you are a punk !

:box:

who's protecting files :confused:

Can you even go 30 seconds without mentioning Sasha??

If you love him so much, why don't you marry him <----- ohhhhh, BURN!

Can you even go 30 seconds without mentioning Sasha??

If you love him so much, why don't you marry him <----- ohhhhh, BURN!

hey , dont hijack my thread with all this sasha garbage :mad: , this thread is to honor the most best dj around: ray munns

:mad: :mad: :mad: