Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
danwilson

OMG, check this item there selling on Ebay

a lot of people collect stuff like that from their era....i've seen tons of shows on blacks that collect stuff from the slave era....its part of history and needs to be preserved by collectors so nobody forgets how fucked up things used to be...

. . . Its the history of America . . At least we're not still thinking that everything was shits and giggle and daisies and sunshine anymore . . . I find it impressive how ignorant even the kids of today are . . I guess i can't expect anything more from the sheltered suburban youth of today . . . Whether you're locking your car doors when you're in the bronx or hitting a golf ball off of sambo's head , you're still institutionalized by it . . The more exposure we have to the wrongs of the past, the better we can guard against it happening in the future . . . Stuff like this I abhor . . but I do understand its horrible symbolism, and why that symbolism can never be forgotten . . .

Originally posted by underwater

a lot of people collect stuff like that from their era....i've seen tons of shows on blacks that collect stuff from the slave era....its part of history and needs to be preserved by collectors so nobody forgets how fucked up things used to be...

i'm not sure if it's from the slave era.......had golf arrived in the U.S. back in the early to mid 1800's? and gained enough popularity to have handpainted tees?

i'm thinking this is from the 1920's to 1940's.......during prohibition.........when that style of artwork that was used on "vintage" posters........

just guessing. whichever era, it definitely has racist overtones.......but i have to admit it made me laugh, due to the surprise/unexpectedness/randomness factor......

what i'd like to know is, how did you come across that item Daniel? I mean, you most likely had to have typed the word 'nigger' as a search, to turn an item like that up...what the hell were you originally trying to find, you racist bastard?:laugh:

Danny, I don't believe you...but, if hitting a golf ball off of a "Nigger Head Golf Tee" is going to give you some kind of feeling of empowerment over black people, then hey, don't let me stop you. Swing away, you racist bastard. :laugh:

Originally posted by underwater

good point