Clubplanet Nightlife Community

dressy coat for my gf

chrishaolin

hey all.. my gf wants a dressy "going-out" coat for christmas... something plain and simple.. but something that woudl also look nice when shes dressed up.. something along the lines of a peacoat, but she doesnt want a peacoat.. just that idea.. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks

I went searching every where in the mall for a coat.. couldn't find anything i wanted! well except the 3000 dollar coat in neiman marcus! but anyway.. i went to loehmans (sp) they have one right by garden state.. they had SO many coats to choose from! I got this really hot denim jacket lined with fur.. I also got this dressy BCBG coat.. you should check it out.. bloomies had some nice ones too.. but i had already bought these.. you should go now though soon htere won't be much to choose from..

Originally posted by dani672

I went searching every where in the mall for a coat.. couldn't find anything i wanted! well except the 3000 dollar coat in neiman marcus! but anyway.. i went to loehmans (sp) they have one right by garden state.. they had SO many coats to choose from! I got this really hot denim jacket lined with fur.. I also got this dressy BCBG coat.. you should check it out.. bloomies had some nice ones too.. but i had already bought these.. you should go now though soon htere won't be much to choose from..

oh where is loehmans?? thanks!

i didn't realize you were in SI.. i am sure they have them there though... another good place to go to is burlington coat factory.. a bunch of the girls i work with went there.. the stores in the mall are alright but each store only has a few coats.. this is the way i think about it.. ok.. so bebe has some coats that are really hot.. but they only have a few.. so every girl will have the same coat..i always like to be somewhat different.. hey here is a wesite i saw some nice coats .. they are fake fur.. but they are nice..

www.fabulousfurs.com

i didn't realize you were in SI.. i am sure they have them there though... another good place to go to is burlington coat factory.. a bunch of the girls i work with went there.. the stores in the mall are alright but each store only has a few coats.. this is the way i think about it.. ok.. so bebe has some coats that are really hot.. but they only have a few.. so every girl will have the same coat..i always like to be somewhat different.. hey here is a wesite i saw some nice coats .. they are fake fur.. but they are nice..

www.fabulousfurs.com

thank you dani and somebitch.. i might check out loehmans too though cause im in jersey more than im in si anyway..

hey chris.. i was looking on bluefly today.. and they have some really nice andrew marc leather and suade coats.. hey and you can use that family discount from someones post.. just think with all the money you save you could throw in a cute little handbag too... which is the true way to a girls heart! hope i helped

god i should give up college and become a personal shopper!

thank you so much you guys for your help im definitely gonna check out bluefly and plan on going to bloomies adn loehmanns.. we were also in garden state plaza this weekend and she mentioned that a coat we passed was cute so i will probably pick that one up along with another heavier one for her. thanks agian!

hey chris.. i was looking on bluefly today.. and they have some really nice andrew marc leather and suade coats.. hey and you can use that family discount from someones post.. just think with all the money you save you could throw in a cute little handbag too... which is the true way to a girls heart! hope i helped

god i should give up college and become a personal shopper!

omg omg i just went to bluefly and they have some coats that i am interested in getting possibly.. but then i see the size selector and it only has 4, 6, 8, 10, 12... and i have no idea what these numbers mean... she is petite.. about 5' shes a cute little thing maybe size 3-4 in pants small in shirts.. help me, im such a guy :)

alright i found the coat i am going to get for her.. its the

Andrew Marc black lamb leather 3-button walking coat

- size S

- Black

the sizes come in xs, s, m and large.. ive ruled out m and the larges.. im not sure if i should get the xs or the small though.. :) help!

well i am about 5'4 .. i usually wear about a 4 pants.. i would go for the small.. if she is 5'0 even.. you might want to go for the xs.. on the site it should show how long it is inches wise.. since she is petite you want to make sure it doesn't look too long.. something my bf does before holidays.. is he has me write down all my sizes.. this way.. its not like you are asking.. uh hey whats your coat size.. its always good to keep in the wallet anyway!

nice.. wow you are going to have lots of cool points at christmas time! be ready for our questions when we start boyfriend shopping! i still havn't started!

lol i hope she likes it, it pretty much matches the description of what she was looking for.. im so ready for questions so fire when ready! :)