Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
volumeprod

Frankie Bones - Energy 11-26

Recommended Posts

Yeah you heard that right. Frankie Bones is coming to Energy @ the Livingroom on November 26th. A night not to be missed. Most of you should be on vacation if in school for the Thanksgiving holiday. Come down and check out one of America's favorite Techno DJs for a special 2 hr set. This also marks the 8th year anniversary of Energy! A BIG THANK YOU goes out to everyone who has supported us throughout the years. Be sure to come out for the party...opening for FRANKIE BONES is none other than Volume's own DJ VENOM.

Ages: 16+, 21+ to drink

Price: $5 (9pm-1am this night only, usually $3 b4 10pm)

Dress Code: None

Day: November 26th, 2002

Time: 9pm-1am

Location:

The Livingroom

23 Rathbone Street, Providence, RI

by the Coca Cola Factory

For more info please visit

or call 401-621-1547

"Mayhem" on Mondays @ Club Hell in Providence, RI w/ DJ Venom returning November 4th w/ DJ Dread. Coming in Dec to Mayhem: Heather Heart

"Plastic", our new weekly will be starting on Dec 5th w/ special guest DJ X Dream

www.volumeproductions.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont sweat it Volume.

These lame motherfuckers on this board dont know SHIT about Techno (or anything other than BORING ASS Progressive)...so they wont be missed down in Providence on Tuesday.

They will all be at some house party in Allston, hosting a "pre-game" circle jerk waiting for the next "Global Underground" joker to come to Avalon and play 11 snooze-fest tracks an hour. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by carlcocks

Dont sweat it Volume.

These lame motherfuckers on this board dont know SHIT about Techno (or anything other than BORING ASS Progressive)...so they wont be missed down in Providence on Tuesday.

They will all be at some house party in Allston, hosting a "pre-game" circle jerk waiting for the next "Global Underground" joker to come to Avalon and play 11 snooze-fest tracks an hour. :rolleyes:

:laugh: good one. I actually would go see Frankie, however having to work the next day and driving to Providence don't fit in the schedule. So I guess I will have to stay around and listen to something progressive. He why don't you enlightening us with something other than a shit post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by carlcocks

Dont sweat it Volume.

These lame motherfuckers on this board dont know SHIT about Techno (or anything other than BORING ASS Progressive)...so they wont be missed down in Providence on Tuesday.

They will all be at some house party in Allston, hosting a "pre-game" circle jerk waiting for the next "Global Underground" joker to come to Avalon and play 11 snooze-fest tracks an hour. :rolleyes:

don't categorize us all. i love techno WAY more than progressive. We're definitely not all the same on this board. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nyis4meatheads

And you said this about D:Fuse:

"Too bad he's spinning on the same night as the big man ... I just can't say no to Louie D"

:lol3:

How can I even take your opinion seriously?

You're a sheep - just keep following the pack...

Louie D :cheese:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by volumeprod

nyis4meatheads

And you said this about D:Fuse:

"Too bad he's spinning on the same night as the big man ... I just can't say no to Louie D"

:lol3:

How can I even take your opinion seriously?

You're a sheep - just keep following the pack...

Louie D :cheese:

Dude, you are completely clueless. It's called sarcasm.... don't believe everything that you read (you've got a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by whadupg

volumprod - if you knew anything about anyone on this board, you would not be agreeing with that dick carlcocks of all people :rolleyes:

I'm not really agreeing with him. I'm disagreeing with ny4..

I like Progressive, I like Trance, I like dance music in general.

I just can't stand adherence to one cookie-cutter style of music.

If you like Louie, fine, but don't rag on other styles. Open your mind a little...

I work in a music store, and when 95% of the people who come in and just buy Louie D, perceiving that to be 'TECHNO' and that that's all there is,

it's frustrating, and a demonstration of ignorance on their part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by volumeprod

I'm not really agreeing with him. I'm disagreeing with ny4..

I like Progressive, I like Trance, I like dance music in general.

I just can't stand adherence to one cookie-cutter style of music.

If you like Louie, fine, but don't rag on other styles. Open your mind a little...

I work in a music store, and when 95% of the people who come in and just buy Louie D, perceiving that to be 'TECHNO' and that that's all there is,

it's frustrating, and a demonstration of ignorance on their part.

Ok, let me spell this out for you..... I DON'T LIKE LOUIE DEVITO. I feel your pain with every close-minded schmuck in the U.S. thinking Louie Devito is the be-all-end-all of "techno" music. That's why I (and the rest of us on here) make fun of him to no end. I had Ray Munns as an avatar for months... if you think I'd ever buy a Ray Munns CD, please continue to argue with me because we'll all get a good laugh out of it.

Now, I said I don't like Frankie Bones and I don't. I bought his last CD (I think it was his last one) 'You Know My Name' and it was just plain TERRIBLE. I put it up on my wall of shame right next to Jennifer Love Hewitt's debut album 'Let's Go Bang' (I'm serious here).

I think Frankie Bones WAS a cutting-edge producer and DJ for a long, long time, but I really think he's lost touch with the music and the scene has progressed where he hasn't. That being said, I appreciate everything he has done for the scene here in America. He was the guy who started it all... there was no such thing as a "rave" in the U.S. until Frankie Bones came back from the UK with an arm full or records and a completely new sound for us. He helped define the sound that progressed into the sound we listen to today... without him who knows how this scene would have started out and where it would be today. So thank you Frankie... but I still don't like your music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by volumeprod

I'm not really agreeing with him. I'm disagreeing with ny4..

I like Progressive, I like Trance, I like dance music in general.

I just can't stand adherence to one cookie-cutter style of music.

If you like Louie, fine, but don't rag on other styles. Open your mind a little...

I work in a music store, and when 95% of the people who come in and just buy Louie D, perceiving that to be 'TECHNO' and that that's all there is,

it's frustrating, and a demonstration of ignorance on their part.

i agree. it really sucks that people can't open their minds to different types of music..but i'm just glad i'm not them!!

what music store do you work at? i used to work at The Wall (does that still exist?) and i loved that job! nothing but music talk all day long!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by volumeprod

I'm not really agreeing with him. I'm disagreeing with ny4..

I like Progressive, I like Trance, I like dance music in general.

I just can't stand adherence to one cookie-cutter style of music.

If you like Louie, fine, but don't rag on other styles. Open your mind a little...

I work in a music store, and when 95% of the people who come in and just buy Louie D, perceiving that to be 'TECHNO' and that that's all there is,

it's frustrating, and a demonstration of ignorance on their part.

Well it seems like you're the ignorant one in this case, now doesn't it :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Ok, let me spell this out for you..... I DON'T LIKE LOUIE DEVITO. I feel your pain with every close-minded schmuck in the U.S. thinking Louie Devito is the be-all-end-all of "techno" music.

I don't know you guys (newbie). Hence, the intial judgement.

It's a little hard to intrepret sarcasm when you're reading it. Like I said - I just get frustrated, hence the reaction. So, you officially have my apology - and I respect an educated opinion

So, when Vicman wrote this, was it sarcasm?

Charles Feelgood :blown:

:confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by snatch69

i agree. it really sucks that people can't open their minds to different types of music..but i'm just glad i'm not them!!

what music store do you work at? i used to work at The Wall (does that still exist?) and i loved that job! nothing but music talk all day long!

NEWBURY COMICS, N. ATTLEBORO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by volumeprod

I don't know you guys (newbie). Hence, the intial judgement.

It's a little hard to intrepret sarcasm when you're reading it. Like I said - I just get frustrated, hence the reaction. So, you officially have my apology - and I respect an educated opinion

So, when Vicman wrote this, was it sarcasm?

Charles Feelgood :blown:

:confused:

:laugh: no I'm sure he was totally serious - but I'm sure his opinion was also an educated one if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by volumeprod

I don't know you guys (newbie). Hence, the intial judgement.

It's a little hard to intrepret sarcasm when you're reading it. Like I said - I just get frustrated, hence the reaction. So, you officially have my apology - and I respect an educated opinion

So, when Vicman wrote this, was it sarcasm?

Charles Feelgood :blown:

:confused:

No big deal.... Rule #1 - never take ANYTHING said on a messageboard seriously.

I appologize for being short with you. I assume everyone knows we're constantly not serious on this thing. However, I think Vicman was serious about Charles Feelgood..... not 100% sure though

Hey, are you from North Attleboro or do you just work there? Call me crazy, but I think there just might be someone on this board who knows a thing or two about N.A. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haha...so it is true what they say about techno snobs

Not sure what they say, but it is probably true.

As for the rest of the comments....WHATEVER.

You people would rather suck each other off, talking about going to see James Zabileia (who has been fucking spinning for a few years and has potential...but is FAR from all that) yet you ignore posts about people like Frankie Bones (the godfather of Techno in this country) and Nigel Richards (one of the hardest working men in the US scene).

Go listen to the latest SNOOZE FEST from Global Underground or drive to ARC to stand in the middle of the dancefloor for 10 hours so you can trainspot every track and come back and write LONG HEARTFELT :rolleyes: Reviews about how the music that night was a "life changing experience"...give me a fucking break.

Frankie Bones was one of the architects of the scene in this country and one of the FIRST AMERICAN DJs to play in Europe....have a little respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by carlcocks

Frankie Bones was one of the architects of the scene in this country and one of the FIRST AMERICAN DJs to play in Europe....have a little respect.

You happen to catch my last post where I addressed this issue? Respect given.

But just because you brought up the scene doesn't mean you're still bringing it up. Frankie Bones can't even get a gig at a decent club these days. (no offense) He's just been around for too long... he doesn't have the fresh sound he had when he brought everything over to America. It's boring, played-out kiddie stuff.

If we had to respect and go out for see every DJ who started up a part of the scene we'd all be waiting in line for Oakenfold next month. Is that what you're looking for?

Try thinking before you write... it usually works out much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If we had to respect and go out for see every DJ who started up a part of the scene we'd all be waiting in line for Oakenfold next month. Is that what you're looking for?

Oakenfold? WTF did he do for the scene?

I have been in this game a LOT longer than you bro....anytime you want to have a debate on the history of dance music and who started what, just let me know so I can school your ass.

The only thing Oakie did was go to the beaches of Southeast Asia and steal their sound...and then luck out when U2 asked him to play with them in the mid 90s.

Frankie Bones (along with Tommy Musto) were two of the most influential producers and DJs on the early scene...and his Storm Raves were the first renegade parties on the East Coast.

He continues to release good tracks and has topped the Techno charts (on seveal occasions over the past few years.)...and plays everywhere. Maybe not the clubs you follow, but he plays at parties and events all over the US, Canada, Mexico, Japan and recently played in Singapore at Zook.

As for your smart ass "can't get a gig at a decent club" comment...what makes a decent club? Axis has great sound and is at top notch venue, but they have a fucking LAME ASS CROWD every week....is that a "decent club"?

Frankie might play at warehouses and underground events (like Energy), but the entire room is there for the right reasons and will be into what is going on...unlike the apethetic crowds at your so called "decent clubs"

Maybe you should take that fat fucking foot of yours...and stick it in your mouth. :blown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×