Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anything going on Saturday night??

dmerces

Hey guys Im going to be up from NYC this saturday and I was wondering if there was anything going on anywhere other than the Roxy. I like the Roxy because of the girls but the music can't get any worse than that place. I'll go there if worse comes to worse.

Please help a New Yorker looking for a sick night in Boston!

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man

Ok here's how a typical Sat night goes for me:

I alternate between Paradise & Avalon (Paradise is 19+ so my sister can go); Nailz spins LOTS OF VOCALS smile.gif; Manny spins more progressive trance at Avalon.

From 2-6 I either take a nap or stay up partying...

From 7-12:30 Sunday morning definitely check out Pulse in RI. Mike Whalen is one of (if not THE) nastiest DJ in NE- I swear it's like a mini SF. The lights, the crowd, the music...it's pretty insane. Most everyone there is a regular & it keeps me held over til I return to my temple aka SF smile.gif

Pulse is $15 & it's definitely worth it!

kara

xoxo

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

Just so I understand this correctly, did you say Pulse from 7AM to 12 noon on Sundays? I wasn't aware of any clubs having hours like that in the New England area. That would make for an interesting night, or should I say morning?

------------------

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

There's tons of girls- but don't go there to meet any. It's seriously a hard core dance club. If you're serious about your music & you're dancing, than it's for you. Definitely not a hook up scene.

I'm definitely NOT a raver but there are some ravers there- it's a racially diverse crowd as well.

If you've been to SF, well, it's a mini SF.

Pulse & Rise are my to favorite places right now smile.gif

kara

xoxo

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

Wow thanks guys!! Paradise sounds pretty cool, might check it out. I heard Avalon gets too crowded so I might stay away from there.

Thanks again for the heads up on whats going on, maybe I'll end up seeing some of you out saturday night!

Peace

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man

After hitting Paradise or Avalon and before hitting Pulse check out the ONLY After Hours in the area. ZEN AFTER DARK is in Nashua, NH. About an hour north of Boston. Doors are 2am - 8am and it's 18+. I'll be spinning there this weekend. Email me for more info: djricknaples@hotmail.com

Pulse is a gay bar that has a huge hetero crowd at 7 in the morning. Junior Vasquez is going to be there this Friday from what I've heard ($30-$40!!!).

------------------

Dancing is just a vertical expression of horizontal desires.

I'm ready for a Sat. night that brings back the regular Manny debauchery. Calling all Boston board clubbers! Let's get some people together and make a real night of it.

To that NY person comin' up: Paradise is okay, but DJ Manolo at Avalon is a personal favorite....the only thing finer than the trance is the ladies (just don't try to guess which sex the Avalon dancers are....it's hopeless).

------------------

I am like a mosquito in a nudist colony; I know what I must do, but not where to begin.

-Francis Bacon

Originally posted by raginboston:

I'm ready for a Sat. night that brings back the regular Manny debauchery. Calling all Boston board clubbers! Let's get some people together and make a real night of it.

To that NY person comin' up: Paradise is okay, but DJ Manolo at Avalon is a personal favorite....the only thing finer than the trance is the ladies (just don't try to guess which sex the Avalon dancers are....it's hopeless).

Yo, I should be at Avalon on Sat with a few people. Haven't been there in a long time. Maybe see you guys there

i would go to paradise before i went to avalon..if you have been to factory or exit you will hate it..trust me

------------------

"I always get what I aim for and your heart and soul is what I came for"

<3 920-143 <3

I suggest going to Avalon on Saturday night. It's always a good time and good music.

cwm27.gif

------------------

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead.

--Louisa May Alcott

Hey kaydup, vikkii.....Ichiroboston and I are lookin' to have some people from the board meet up at Avalon tomorrow night....interested?

------------------

I am like a mosquito in a nudist colony; I know what I must do, but not where to begin.

-Francis Bacon

Hey kaydup, vikkii.....Ichiroboston and I are lookin' to have some people from the board meet up at Avalon tomorrow night....interested?

cwm10.gif

Intrested but can't sorry. I have friends coming down to visit and they are not at all the club type so it's a no go for me. Thanks for the invite though

cwm41.gif

------------------

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see the beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they lead.

--Louisa May Alcott

[This message has been edited by vikkii123 (edited 06-08-2001).]

I should be there. Look for the blue and green photons!!!!

Archived