Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Thanksgiving plans

revaluation

Just a mini-roll call of who's gonna be here this weekend, plus I'm curious to see what everybody is doing.

I'll be in town the whole holiday. Doing the T-giving thing Th., but def looking for plans that night. Might end up at Gua-Rapo to check out those bouncey housey guys...saw em upstairs at Glow a few months back and it was pretty cool.

Fri. I'm spinning at Gua Rapo so I hope you guys come out for that.

And Sat, I dunno whats going all so all ideas are welcome.

Who's gonna be here?

I'll be in town for Turkey Day - probably dead tired from Deep Dish in Philly but I'll be here :D. I'm definitely heading up to NYC to see Danny Howells v. Danny Tenaglia but I haven't decide if I'll go up on Friday night or Saturday afternoon.

Rev - if I'm in town Friday night I'll come check you out at Gua-rapos.

Staying in town for a family thing on turkey day with the Godparents, then a meet-up with friends at Whitlows in Arlington after for drinks. We've been meeting up there from like 4 years now so it's kinda a tradition and there aren't many other places open that night! I'm trying to talk them into going to Gua-Rapo instead. Not sure for Friday, either Gua-rapo or 5 or Vision or a combination. Otherwise, I've got a couple of snowboards to wax and 7 more episodes of Band of Brothers on DVD to watch.

I'll be in Paris -- the flight leaves late Thursday afternoon so we'll probably check in quite early @ the airport to get good seats (the boy is 6'4" after all, we need the legroom!) and then find a restaurant somewhere that's serving turkey and trimmings. I'll be back in DC next Tuesday afternoon. . .hope everyone has safe and happy travels!

'stina :D

Wed. before T-day, I'll seeing Alex spin some downtempo at a lounge called Arrow. T-day, my Mom and Aunt will be here in SF and we're all heading up to a family friend's house in Marin for some turkey. Not sure what's up for the weekend. May go see a local friend play at 1015. Did I mention I saw Hyper at Ruby Skye and those Welsh boys were amazing?????

Originally posted by cookiegirl

I'll be in Paris -- the flight leaves late Thursday afternoon so we'll probably check in quite early @ the airport to get good seats (the boy is 6'4" after all, we need the legroom!) and then find a restaurant somewhere that's serving turkey and trimmings. I'll be back in DC next Tuesday afternoon. . .hope everyone has safe and happy travels!

Have fun in Par-ree! Remember to keep tabs on all the strikes going on there right now because you never know how they'll impact your trip. Sometimes it seems like going on strike is a national pastime there, where even the unemployed go on strike.

Guest jroo
Originally posted by cookiegirl

who is 6'4???? your boyfriend? i know i met him once, and i was pretty drunk, but i could have swore i was taller than him and im not 6'4

Guest jroo

wed-taking off work probably. i'll be in town, jenn will be here today! :) turkey with my family then drive up to see jenn's fam later that day, spend the night come back whenever on friday, need a fake to get into gau rapo so if you guys know anyone or gots any let me know.

Originally posted by jroo

who is 6'4???? your boyfriend? i know i met him once, and i was pretty drunk, but i could have swore i was taller than him and im not 6'4

Yep - he slouches a lot so it's not very noticeable. On the rare occasion when he does stand up straight I'm taken aback - he really is 6'4". ;)

btw, thanks crank -- i'll be on the lookout for the striking students, metro workers, bums, and croissant vendors. :D

Since everyone cares, here is my agenda for turkey day:

Head to Philly early tom., go to sixers game at night,after I get a cheesesteak at Pat's.

Most likely head over to Deep Dish after the game

Eat lotsaturkey on thurs. and drink lots to keep the buzz going...

Drop my grandmother off in lovely Yonkers, NY on Fri. then who knows where I go from there.

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Should I wear my "Are you PGiddy?" shirt so we can finally meet? :shaky:

it depends on what kind of shirt it is?

I'm still not 100% about DD, I have a few other people and plans to deal with and have to go with the majority. Hopefully it will be DD though, I'm really trying. I don't know what the place is like though, I would be there early too, so I don't know what to tell you, maybe by the bar at like 11-12. Thats usually a good place to start and where I spend lots of time. BUt they probably have more then one bar? Anybody been there?

Originally posted by pgiddy

Since everyone cares, here is my agenda for turkey day:

Head to Philly early tom., go to sixers game at night,after I get a cheesesteak at Pat's.

Most likely head over to Deep Dish after the game

Eat lotsaturkey on thurs. and drink lots to keep the buzz going...

Drop my grandmother off in lovely Yonkers, NY on Fri. then who knows where I go from there.

where is Pat's located? i wanna get a cheesesteak there a few hours before heading to Transit.

Originally posted by pgiddy

it depends on what kind of shirt it is?

I'm still not 100% about DD, I have a few other people and plans to deal with and have to go with the majority. Hopefully it will be DD though, I'm really trying. I don't know what the place is like though, I would be there early too, so I don't know what to tell you, maybe by the bar at like 11-12. Thats usually a good place to start and where I spend lots of time. BUt they probably have more then one bar? Anybody been there?

I sent an email to a friend who has been there asking for a suggestion on a good meetup place. Hopefully I'll hear from her soon.

Do you have a cell phone pgiddy? I promise not to call you if i get a case of the dialies :D

Originally posted by vicman

where is Pat's located? i wanna get a cheesesteak there a few hours before heading to Transit.

The two best places in Philly are Pat's and Geno's, they are right next to each other. Personally I think Pat's is MUCH better. S. 9th St is Geno's and E. Passyunk Ave. is Pat's. I'll be there right before the game, about 6 or 7 tom. night. They're kinda like the soup nazi though, you need to know how to order one. Good luck