Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moving to Boston

pennywise

I am going to be moving up to Boston from Jersey in the next few months and was hoping someone here could give me a hint as to what a good "suburb" to move to would be.

I want to be able to get into the city in a short amount of time, but not get hammered with the high rents of the inner city.

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by teamj5

Somerville is good. Some areas of Malden are excellent, and you can get pretty close to the Orange line of the T. Nobody ever recommends living on the Orange line, so it's not as crowded as the red line or the green line.

But, what about Mattapan??

mattapan is like the ghetto isnt it? like where they have all those "urban wear" clothing stores and shit. like that ad on tv "with stores in downtown crossin and mattapan"....offering the latest styles in fubu, karl kani, pele....you know what im talking about.

i think thats where i had to go get my car from when it got stolen.

mattapan is like the ghetto isnt it? like where they have all those "urban wear" clothing stores and shit. like that ad on tv "with stores in downtown crossin and mattapan"....offering the latest styles in fubu, karl kani, pele....you know what im talking about.

Yup that be Mattapan, I was trying to make a funny

Originally posted by pennywise

I am going to be moving up to Boston from Jersey in the next few months and was hoping someone here could give me a hint as to what a good "suburb" to move to would be.

I want to be able to get into the city in a short amount of time, but not get hammered with the high rents of the inner city.

Thanks for any help.

if you're coming here, fuck the suburbs!! allston baby, allston! ;)

:laugh: Hip Zeppi USA Boooooooyyyyyyyyyy Ya Heard?

Yeah, I knew d:Rew had to be kidding about Mattapan.... although, you could probably get a 2000 sq. ft. one bedroom apartment for $250 a month. As long as you don't mind the car jackings and such.

I'm living in Somerville right now and it's got pretty much everything you're looking for pennywise. Rents are pretty cheap, I'm a 10 - 15 minute T-ride from the city... 10 minutes by car (no traffic), it's not bad at all. Brighton might not be too bad for you either. If you hunt around you can find a cheap place and it's right outside the city. Much younger than Somerville too (mostly college kids and recent grads). Somerville has a lot of families and such.

i honestly thought you were serious about that shit, niccah.

it is one scary part of town let me tell you. i was more scared for my life driving through there at noon, than i have been driving through the bronx at night.

you wree really scared? :confused: one of my ex's lives in mattapan. and i have been there at all hours of the day and night. the worst thing i ever saw was a hit and run on blue hill ave by simco.

hmm :isok: would you like a tour? there are some great backroads i learned how to get from mass ave/tremont to the south shore w/o hitting the expressway. except you go thru roxbury, jamaica plain and mattapan :laugh:

Originally posted by nycchic24

you wree really scared? :confused: one of my ex's lives in mattapan. and i have been there at all hours of the day and night. the worst thing i ever saw was a hit and run on blue hill ave by simco.

hmm :isok: would you like a tour? there are some great backroads i learned how to get from mass ave/tremont to the south shore w/o hitting the expressway. except you go thru roxbury, jamaica plain and mattapan :laugh:

Bule Hill Ave, is not a place to be hanging out

Thank You all so much.

Very helpful.

I think we are going to look into Allston and Somerville.

I would love to live in a loft, but we are going to take what we can get.

2 months, 2 months.

And no we don't want to live in any ghettos....I lived in Newark NJ for a year and that was enough ghetto for me, for my life.

Originally posted by pennywise

Thank You all so much.

Very helpful.

I think we are going to look into Allston .

Smart choice!;) Honestly, you would love Allston. Bunch of young kids, always partying, something going on, tons of bars and restaurants, close to Fenway/Landsdown, etc. :clap2: