Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Work Sucks!!!!

vikkii123

Damn...now I'm torn about going to JP. There's nothing more annoying than a moody DJ. I've never heard of a DJ actually trying to get people to leave! The first time I saw him a couple of years ago, he was great...then I heard this most recent appearance he was awful. I have no desire to peer into his soul....I just want him to give energy BACK to the crowd.

------------------

I am like a mosquito in a nudist colony; I know what I must do, but not where to begin.

-Francis Bacon

If you hear JP at the SF in NYC he plays completely different than he does up here. At the Factory a song can last 30 to 40 minutes with all sorts of beats running underneath it. Given that he only has 2 hours to really spin in Boston, he's only be able to play 4 songs if he stuck to his NYC style. He just plays different hear, truth be told you've gotta see him in NYC. The Factory is like Disney Land!

JP is notorious/infamous for this stuff, but just like any (good) DJ, he feeds off the crowd. so if he likes you (the crowd) then be ready for a phat set. but casey is right, to truly hear what JP has to offer the SF is a totally different experience. cwm30.gif

I have to respectfully disagree with nycchic in that I think people don't arrive at a venue all jazzed up....the DJ stirs them into a frenzy, and not the other way around. One of my favorite DJ's ever is DJ Taucher, both because of his talent and because he puts on a great set, regardless of the lame members of the crowd. As a result, those of us who are there to enjoy the music and the energy give whatever we have back.....that relationship between DJ and listener, even in adverse conditions, is still amazing to watch.

------------------

I am like a mosquito in a nudist colony; I know what I must do, but not where to begin.

-Francis Bacon

Archived