Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Beauty really is only skin deep

georgym

Originally posted by ronalds

reminds me of such a ture quote from "Sex, Lies & Videotape"

"Men learn to love the person they're attracted to, and women become more attracted to the person they love"

Intriguing quote, but isn't that the opposite of what im saying?

What i'm talking about is that 1st, you have looks. It''s a good basis to start on. But then very soon after comes personality, charm, consideration,etc...

I have loved before, but that love evaporated after inconsideration and selfishness came to outdo the good looks and inital thoughts of that person. I can't learn to love someone that im attracted to if their true personality comes out later to be real stinky...

Originally posted by gmccookny

Intriguing quote, but isn't that the opposite of what im saying?

What i'm talking about is that 1st, you have looks. It''s a good basis to start on. But then very soon after comes personality, charm, consideration,etc...

I have loved before, but that love evaporated after inconsideration and selfishness came to outdo the good looks and inital thoughts of that person. I can't learn to love someone that im attracted to if their true personality comes out later to be real stinky...

I think that Ronald is generalizing by sex-- he's saying that women arre more emotionally involved in a relationship than men -- that men look for physicality first and foremost...

he's making a statement that proves that HE does fit that mold by admiting that view.

----- I dont usually like to rule by stereotypes and generalizations-first impressions make a BIG impact-

we are starting to get off topic-- but you have to look at the WHOLE package :)

Originally posted by danamdkny

----- I dont usually like to rule by stereotypes and generalizations-first impressions make a BIG impact-

we are starting to get off topic-- but you have to look at the WHOLE package :)

right... There's so much grey area out there, that generalizations have virtually ceased to exist.

And to stay on topic... I believe that it's possible to shut aside the negative things about a person by thinking more of their physical/mental beauty. Those 2 are strong indicator's, and it would be a huge mistake to rely on those 2 to be the main reason for being with someone :updown:

Originally posted by gmccookny

right... There's so much grey area out there, that generalizations have virtually ceased to exist.

And to stay on topic... I believe that it's possible to shut aside the negative things about a person by thinking more of their physical/mental beauty. Those 2 are strong indicator's, and it would be a huge mistake to rely on those 2 to be the main reason for being with someone :updown:

well that is true -- but you also have to people as they are-- people dont change really ( i think?) they grow and learn thngs, but essentially dont change-- So you just have to decide (or try)before you get too involved emotionally, financially -- whatever-

So yes-- I totally agree with you that people are multi-faceted(well somepeople are DULLsVille ;)hehe) and it's important to be aware and not be blind to people's real selves and live in la la land EVEn if you really want it BAD-- because inthe end you are only hurting yourself.

Guest gabo
Originally posted by djmoonshine

jealous much? i mean cause yer a cool guy and all... so cool you made a thread about just how cool you are. cause that's really cool.

you're the jealous one, not me. youre jealous of my cooooooolnes and my ability to be cool

herb.

:laugh2: