Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD at Avalon

prplhz

Hey everyone just wanted to inform everyone that PVD will be playing Avalon friday Aug. 10th..... Don't know when tickets are going on sale yet, but get tickets as soon as they come out.... I will be there with bells on!

------------------

Music makes the world turn, for without it we are nothing.

Manny is a good friend of mine. I spent almost every Sat at Avalon & most Thursdays last summer. If this post gets to emotional, please keep that in mind, ok?

I'm only posting this because I DO NOT want rumors going around about him being fired, etc....that's simply not the case.

After 8 years at Avalon & 3 years under a management team that he did not see eye to eye with, Manny called it quits. Walking away from Avalon is the best thing he could have done- if you've ever heard him outside of the club you know what he really wants to spin.

With Manny walking, tons of people are walking to. I don't know what direction they are taking Thursdays or Saturdays; but I do know they will never be the same.

I've had my issues with management and I do not agree with decisions they have made. I will not discuss them here, nor will bring up the incident that occured on Manny's last night out of respect for them. (If anyone from Avalon is reading this you better know how hard it is NOT for me to go off; but I've come to know some of you and I know how it feels to have bs plastered about you all over the web.)

Saturday night was the best night EVER at Avalon. Manny took us on a musical journey- everything from Fly Life to Let's Go All the Way to Do It Again to Universal Nation to recent classics like Something About You, CORRUPT (my anthem ;-) ), Glorious...and he closed the night perfectly with Seven Cities.

Right now Manny is working hard in the studio, running his store & getting ready to spin with Nailz in Nailz v. Manolo part 5, this Tuesday at The Roxy. The event is 19+ & all of these installments have been insane!

He'll also be spinning with Rick Naples next Fri at Metropolis in RI; and his next Rise appearance is July 27.

Please do not believe any rumors you hear- most of them are simply not true. Any information that should be made public is posted on the soundfactory message board (www.soundfactoryboston.com- go to bulletin boards.) Pretty much all of the Boston clubscene posts there.

Anyway thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday & supported him...if anyone was there on the dancefloor, hands up in the air screaming his name you don't know how beautiful that looked from the booth. And thanks to everyone that signed the card :-)

kara

xoox

------------------

"Close your eyes & dance like no one is watching"

Originally posted by sparkem00:

With Manny walking, tons of people are walking to. I don't know what direction they are taking Thursdays or Saturdays; but I do know they will never be the same.

Aw, man, that sucks! Is he planning on starting up at any other club in Boston, or is he just gonna take some time off to do other things? I hope he starts spinning regularly again somewhere.

Office politics. Dontcha just hate'em?

------------------

"Lord, it's hard to be humble...when you're perfect in every way! I can't wait to look in the mirror...I get better lookin' every day!"

I can't believe Manny is really gonna leave. That is a real tragedy.....I'm not sure how many people knew that Manny was behind most of the big acts coming to Avalon. I've heard plenty of stories about the management and staff at Avalon as well, but no mud-slinging is necessary. In my humble opinion, they've focused a great deal of effort on appearance and decibal level, but not on guaranteeing the highest quality of music possible....as shown by their disregard for Manny's talent, skill, and devotion.

I see Manny as providing a much-needed nucleus for the Boston trance/house/techno scene...through the store and through his personal music. I can't speak for anyone else, but after talkin' with Manny a few times, I know the venue has never mattered as much as the music. I'll go where he goes....because quite frankly, the music is really what matters most.

------------------

I am like a mosquito in a nudist colony; I know what I must do, but not where to begin.

-Francis Bacon

[This message has been edited by raginboston (edited 06-28-2001).]

Though I now live in Chicago I must say the news of Manny leaving Avalon comes as a shock and causes much sadness. I was always happier to see Manolo spinning than any of their guest DJ's. It's great that he can take some time to focus on the store though, that place is great and I wish there were more like it. Good luck to him and I'm sure we'll be seeing him all over Boston, along with all his fans.

------------------

"Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

Archived