Clubplanet Nightlife Community

friday

nycchic24

well i will be in town til saturday morning.

i called some friends and plan on grabbing dinner at fire and ice (haha nothign elaborate) and then possibly hitting up pravda (or any other suggestions for drinks??!!) afterwards. would luv to see any and all of you. :) so if y'all wanna meet up, lemme know :)

Originally posted by nycchic24

i called some friends and plan on grabbing dinner at fire and ice (haha nothign elaborate) and then possibly hitting up pravda (or any other suggestions for drinks??!!) afterwards. would luv to see any and all of you. :) so if y'all wanna meet up, lemme know :)

hey sue, great to hear. i'll be back in town friday. maybe we can meet up. i need your cell again. do you still have mine?

Originally posted by nycchic24

I've only been to the Fire & Ice in Providence, but very cool place. I was planning on going to Pravda on Friday, but Todd's not spinning (:tongue: to Todd) so I think I'm just going to be good and lay low this weekend.

B, pm's again!

Now, I am sooooooo glad you guys are finally making to Pravda on a night when I'm NOT DJ'ing, really, that's GREAT! :blown:

I'm kidding, have a great night, I'll be there in spirit.

My next 2 shows are 12/6 and 12/20. You CP regulars put your heads together, pick a night, and I'll have a VIP table waiting for you.

Peace!

well peeps. i am outta here. gotta pack and catch the train! Have a Happy Tgiving to you and your loved ones.

keri - i got your number, i will call on friday to let you know what the plans are , and where we end up going :)

whadupg - if you change your mind ...

and groovefire.. disappointed you wont be there.. especially since i am not in town very often. maybe next time

and anyone else... Gobble gobble ;)

Originally posted by groovefire

Did you guys go to Pravda finally?

Hey Todd, thanks for the hook-up on Friday! Having a table there was great (is there any other way to enjoy a martini really?)

Had fun on Friday, but the music was lame as expected. Heard Two Months Off at just a shade past midnight (how's that for restraint)... they were trying to bang it out way too hard way too early and by the end of the set they had nothing left to give. It was lousy because I didn't really feel like dancing until they lost all of their momentum. After midnight I recognized a ton of annoying songs I hadn't heard in a couple of years... and had hoped not to hear for another dozen at least.

All that aside though I still had a really good time. Who are these groovefire bums anyway?

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Hey Todd, thanks for the hook-up on Friday! Having a table there was great (is there any other way to enjoy a martini really?)

Had fun on Friday, but the music was lame as expected. Heard Two Months Off at just a shade past midnight (how's that for restraint)... they were trying to bang it out way too hard way too early and by the end of the set they had nothing left to give. It was lousy because I didn't really feel like dancing until they lost all of their momentum. After midnight I recognized a ton of annoying songs I hadn't heard in a couple of years... and had hoped not to hear for another dozen at least.

All that aside though I still had a really good time. Who are these groovefire bums anyway?

:mad: Whoa, whoa, whoa...First off, let me be clear, those guys were NOT Groovefire. Groovefire is Todd Hanna, Phil Jakob and Mike Hoska. The guys you heard this past Friday are their own thing entirely, no affiliation to us whatsoever. That being said, I've spun with one of the dudes before and thought he was really good. I'm only distancing myself from them to be clear. Whether people loved or hated the music this past Friday at Pravda, Groovefire is not responsible.

We used to be there every Friday night. But GLO promotions, in their vast wisdom, thought it would be 'better' to use us only twice a month, and rotate around the remaining Fridays. You attended one of the rotating nights.

I thought you guys knew all of this, no?

Anywho, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the table and shit. But the next Friday night at Pravda you Gaylord Fockers attend better be one of mine. :D

:mad: Whoa, whoa, whoa...First off, let me be clear, those guys were NOT Groovefire. Groovefire is Todd Hanna, Phil Jakob and Mike Hoska. The guys you heard this past Friday are their own thing entirely, no affiliation to us whatsoever. That being said, I've spun with one of the dudes before and thought he was really good. I'm only distancing myself from them to be clear. Whether people loved or hated the music this past Friday at Pravda, Groovefire is not responsible.

We used to be there every Friday night. But GLO promotions, in their vast wisdom, thought it would be 'better' to use us only twice a month, and rotate around the remaining Fridays. You attended one of the rotating nights.

I thought you guys knew all of this, no?

Anywho, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the table and shit. But the next Friday night at Pravda you Gaylord Fockers attend better be one of mine. :D

:laugh: You didn't think he was serious, did you?!?!

Awww :isok: we know who you are!

hey todd! hope you had a great turkey day! no offense or anything, but what do you mean about hooking up a table for peeps??? every time i've been there i've always been "hooked up" with a table!! hmmmm, i doubt being a chick has anything to do with it!!!:D

Originally posted by nyis4meatheads

Don't worry man, I know exactly who is who out there... and these guys were no groovefire :D

From now on everytime I write something sarcastic I'm going to write it in blue or something. I keep getting myself into trouble otherwise. So, who's DJing at Pravda on the 20th?

I sure can't wait to meet you someday!

Exactly. Think of that weekend...Friday night, Phil and I doing our funky tribal house thing @ Pravda...Saturday night, D:Fuse @ Metropolis. C'mon, that's a solid and diverse weekend lineup for ya!

is pravda extremely touchy about age? im 20 and i remember my friend tellin me i couldnt go with them cuz it is 21+...is it always?