Clubplanet Nightlife Community

T-Mobile???

I actually heard it's good. I got sprint just because you don't need to have a credit card but i'm pretty happy with my service. Alot of people say Sprint drops calls but I don't get that many as I used to w/ my Nextel. But I do know that T-Mobile is good....good luck w/ ur cell phone service hunting :)

T-Mobile used to be VoiceStream...

I got a phone with T-Mobile service a week ago...it's better than what VoiceStream used to be, but sometimes I'm having problems getting through to someone.

I used to have Verizon for a year...no complaints.

My buddy's girlfriend is cancelling her T-mobile usage due to dropped phones, interruptions with other t-mobile clients, and just simple lower-grade quality.

I thought about T-mobile too, espec. with those sexy ads with Catherine Zeta Jones in it :cool:

But I would ask more opinions from people who have had it for a while b4 you settle down with the T. THose deals seem too good to be true.

PS> me personally i am prolly going to get Verizon, just because it's known to be good, reliable service

if you want RELIABLE service that is going to work in ust about 99% of the places you are going to be in the NYC/north jersey metro area then go with Verizon. They are by far NOT the cheapest carrier, BUT remember with cell service the old saying of 'you get what you pay for' holds true more then ever...

Bern

VERIZON all the way.....

i just got back with them after a 2 year dreadful relationship with Sprint. i don't know why i have ever left... they actually have some good deals on phones... they might not have all the snazzy stuff as other carriers but they own all the transmitters...

just for some info for thought....49% of Verizon is owned by a company called vodafone based in england... Vodafone is the largest telecom company in the world...Nowonder manchester is always so good

Originally posted by kamekasa

just for some info for thought....49% of Verizon is owned by a company called vodafone based in england... Vodafone is the largest telecom company in the world...Nowonder manchester is always so good

verizon wireless is a joint venture...not the company itself

anyways...I have no complaints with the service, except the phones arent very nice to look at; the international calling is way overpriced

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

I traded in my nextel for T MOBILE. And I love it. I have a kickass plan too.

800 Whenever Mins
500 text messages
Unlimited Nights & Weekends
No Roaming throughout the US
No long Distance Charges
World Phone (dont need to switch chips when I go to Europe)
Tons of downloads
[/list=1]

$59 a month :-D

they don't offer free nights. only thing i hated about them.

I've had Voicestream and now T-Mobile for the past 3 years.

The service was cheap and it covered almost all areas in ALbany and NYC for like 2 of those years w/o major problems.

Lately though, its been sucking ass...get receive or make calls on half of i-87. There are periods of several hours during the week (especially weekend nights) in which there is no service or connection in NYC.. etc.

I agree with some ppl here,

Verizon covers more area and gets better service and more connections go through lately...

However Verizon used to suck ass 2 years ago. So i guess you should go with a company that offers good service and reliability right now, then change if it gets sucky. DONT sign no 2 year contracts no matter who you pick though... heh

Rad_

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i think that new sony ericcson camera phone has a color screen

that's the one i have with t-mobile. you will have to pay a little more ($200-250) because you have to unlock it (t-mobile doesn't officially support it).

i think that the phone services on t-mobie are just fine (switching from att which was utter shit and nextel which was good but too damn expensive - $150/mo - and my phone had 15min battery life) but the data serivices are really terrible. i mean its so unprofessional its disgusting. the e-mail reader shows you the oldest message first, so you have to scroll through a week's worth of e-mail just to get to the new ones. and considering you're paying by the megabyte its clear that those grubby greedy bastards only did that for one reason. next is the t-zones, which is really barren. it has ZERO content whatsoever (it claims that you can seach for movie showtimes but there are like 3 theaters listed in the entire city of ny). i'm so used to nextel's amazing FREE UNLIMITED data servies, which outsourced content from companies who only exist to collect data like that. i mean WTF - i'm paying $10/mb and i can't check the weather????? that's major b.s.. i wrote to complain about the e-mail thing, and it took them a week to reply, and they did not answer my question. i wrote back and again they replied but did not answer my question.

Also, the picturephone is really a 1st generation product so it has some bugs in it. in your phone book, pressing "no" calls the person (i've made a lot of accidental calls to people i didn't want to talk to because of that) and it takes about a second for the phone to go into input mode, so i'll be typing away only to find out that nothing was entered. and the ringtones leave a lot to be desired... especially considering the MIDI phones out there. but it does have some really slick features - infrared is by far my favorite, 'cause you can download images and screensavers from your pc which is totally cool. Also the battery life is incredible, especially considering the color screen - i go about 2-3 days before having to recharge, and i use my phone a LOT.

international service is nice, but i would only use it for emergencies - it is EXPENSIVE (singular has it for much, but no unlimited nights/weekends so there went that idea). but the best part is that my phone bills are down from $150 to $60, which is really very nice.

peaz,

rob

hmm i just remember having a terrible experience with at&t because there was absolutely ZERO reception in my neighborhood (columbia). all of my phone calls went exactly like this: "can you hear me? can you hear me? are you still there? don't go anywhere i'm going downstairs to call you from a payphone". man did that ever SUCK. i hope they've gotten better in the bast 3 years.

Originally posted by Ruph

Samsung S105 :rock:

check out all of their phones here: http://www.t-mobile.com/products/product_list.asp?class=phone

Thats the phone I was looking at getting....But after checking out some of the reviews at www.letstalk.com , I think I might go with Verizon....Their America's Choice Plan pretty much covers the entire Metro area and it isnt too much....I'm also wondering if anyone has this phone and what do you think of it....

http://www.verizonwireless.com/ics/plsql/equipment.phone_popup?p_mkt_code=New%20York%20Metro&p_name=Samsung%20A310

Thanks for the help everyone... :)