Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Girls a question for you

Mystify

my girl gets a needle at her gynocylogist (sp?) every 3 months. the first time you get it during your period, when i remember right it stops the eggs from redeveloping after your period... an additional bonus is you don´t get your period any more. however you should rather ask your doc than here.

my ex-roommate was on depo-provera (shots) and she gained 15 pounds and lost her sex drive. she tells just about every female she meets how horrible it was and how long those effects lasted.

i was put on the pill years ago 'cause i lost my period altogether (not that i had minded :mad: ) and my doctor thought it would be best to bring it back. back in high school, i had cramps so bad that i had to cut school and lie on my cold tile bathroom floor till i fell asleep in order for my cramps to go away. but, now that i have my period back after the pill, my cramps aren't nearly as bad (although i also have prescription painkillers from my gyno) and my formerly very heavy and long periods are now pretty light and don't last as long.

i also had an ovarian cyst that was discovered this spring and i would've been prescribed the pill if i hadn't already been on it to try to reduce it. i had to have surgery anyway, but i think it might've been worse, had i not been on the pill (though i'm not sure about that).

anyway, now that you have my entire gynecological history, i hope it was helpful :) . and i take zovia, which is the generic for demulen.

Thanks for the info.......... Tastey I did ask my doctor, and that's why I went on that shitty pill last year! :tongue:

Weyes, I hear ya on bad cramps.... The first day of my period every month, I'm in the fetal position, in a cold sweat, bc they get so bad...... It's so painful :(

I'll see next time I go and ask about that one you take........;)

Originally posted by gabo

if i was a girl I would get the shot.

The shot is by no means a good idea for every woman... there are too many side-effects for many.

I heard about a pill called Yasmine (I'll double-check on the name) that comes recommended from someone who *lost* weight on it, and hasn't had any PMS symptoms...

welllll a few years back i was on ortho-tricyclen.. and i remember gaining a few lbs from it... but i was only taking it to regulate my periods... so after a while i was like fuck this i dont need it.. so i got off them... and i got a prescription from my dr for my period.... but as far as birth control, i mean, from my experience with pills, im not too fond... and quite frankly i dont need any form of birth control right now so i really wouldnt be able to help u other than to just agree that ive heard some pretty bad things about the shot and about all different kinds of pills... a friend of mine just got put on a new pill.. i can find out for u what it is...

i used to be on ortho. and it worked for a while, but then i just became really psycho on it. i was so depressed and extremely moody. so my dr. gave me a new one. its called estrostep. so far its wroking good and im not moody at all. so either try that one or i heard that yasmin is good too. just stay away from ortho. good luck! ;)

I am on ortho-tricyclen now. I think its great. I didnt gain weight from it and I havent gone psycho "yet". LOL.. although I do know of 2 people who were on Ortho Tricyclen and they went psycho they had to change their BC (I can find out what they changed to). Another one of my friends got really depressed from it. One girl I work with just got the depo shot a few days ago. I dont think I would do that. Its $75 every 3 months and horrible side effects as you have read. What is up with the patch??? I wouldn't trust that at all. I dont understand how it works. :laugh:

Good luck with it :)

What are you thinking Larry??? :confused:

Originally posted by mystify82281

Weyes, I hear ya on bad cramps.... The first day of my period every month, I'm in the fetal position, in a cold sweat, bc they get so bad...... It's so painful :(

i'm sorry i didn't mention the painkiller i take; it's expressly for uterine cramps, and it's called ponstel. ask your doctor about that too :) .

Well, I think every pill affects everyone differently. I have been on Ortho tri cyclen for 5 years and I didnt gain any weight or go psycho. I get no cramps or very minor ones- I really like it. I also have friends who have went on the pill and went off of it because they were moody bitches. Luckily, that hasnt happened to me:)

Depends on each person, you should ask your doctor if he can be flexible in prescribing different kinds of pills until you find the one that has the right percentage of estrogen/prog for you. I've used ortho and it was great but I know some girls who got depressed and gained weight. When using pills though, you will get side effects for the first few months and then your body will adjust.

Originally posted by sibelfille

Depends on each person, you should ask your doctor if he can be flexible in prescribing different kinds of pills until you find the one that has the right percentage of estrogen/prog for you. I've used ortho and it was great but I know some girls who got depressed and gained weight. When using pills though, you will get side effects for the first few months and then your body will adjust.

exactly...there is a chart thing that the doc will use to pick one for you...you answer questions, cause things like bad cramps and migraines will make you need certain pills--for me, i used lo-ovral, and then moved up to ortho...personally, i was fine with ortho--used for several years with no side effects, and it DID help my AWFUL cramps...

now, i am on the depo shot--when i first started, i was really scared, cause i read all about how bad it is for some people, etc...for me, i just took my 3rd shot(so i have been on it a while now) and i have had NO side effects--i gained a little weight, but i think that is too many chocolate chip cookies and nothing the gym hasn't cured :) for me, it appears to be working and i LOVE it--i dont have to worry for 3 months at a time, and my shot is only $45, and i have no cramps or anything, so for me, it is ideal...

you just need to sit down with your doc and figure out what is right for YOU, and then give it a while for your body to adjust--good luck :)

i gaine weight the first time i took the pill and i had a very bad experience , i was in pain i couldn't seat ,lost of bad stuff when

i got back to my contry i went to see my gyno he right away change the pills and scince then i been very happy with them ..

u should try another pill with a lower range they all seem same but they are not ...

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

but mystify you smoke sometimes so you have to make sure you tell your gyno about that because most birth control pills ( from what my gyno has told me) arent compatible with nicotine...go figure:rolleyes:

Good point.. I forgot about that.

I'm a the pill called Trivora, it's the generic brand for Triphasil. Now when I first started taking it, it did make me naueous at first but now I'm O.K. and I haven't gained any weight on it either. Now I don't know if you've heard of the Nuva Ring, but that's a new type of birth control how it work's is you put it in for three week's then you remove it for the week that you will get your period. It release's the same amount of medication as in the pill's. As for the patch this is how it work's you wear it for one week at a time and replace it on the same day of the week for 3 week's, then you go without it for the fourth week, the week you'll get your period. Here is the web address for the patch www.orthoevra.com, if you want you can apply for product info. on their website and they'll send it to you. I hope my info. has been helpful.

hey sweety...I am on Zovia & have been on it for about 3 years or more now....I originally went on it bcuz of my bad cramps & severe bleeding & since then it has helped me a tremendous amount, but i am still on prescription for my cramps (Anaprox). I do smoke ocassionally & it hasn't affected my pill one bit....I was a heavy smoker when i did start on the pill & it worked fine & didn't have any side affects...never got sick & i don't really recall gainin any weight...I never really had mood swings, just PMS & that's it...My sister was on ortho for about 8 months maybe a year & my mom took her off of it cuz she became a serious bitch & none of us could handle her at all..I would def. talk to you gyno about what pill would be best for you...i hope this info helped u hunny