Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Floyd Mayweather fight this weekend

zeeker

I'm going to go for Mayweather early, i think Mayweather is out to prove a point after all the hubbub over the last fight. I reckon its going to be a slugfest with both fighters going hell for leather in the early rounds.

In the other fight it will be interesting to see some new blood in the heavy weight division dont really know enough about them but i'll go for klitschko.

What are your predictions?

I hate Mayweather with a passion. Even though I think he's going to win, i'm officially picking Castillo. I thought Castillo won their first fight, but I agree, Mayweather has a lot to prove and will come out on a mission.

The second fight is tougher. Both guys are monsters, but Wladimir is the better boxer. I'm going with him with a mid to late KO.

I actually like Mayweather.....he's one of my favorite lighter weights. I agree also that he is on a mission and I really can't see him losing. I'd like to know the spread on the fight though.

I've never seen either heavyweight box although I heard both are bruisers. I've been waiting to see Klitschko for a while now so this should be interesting.

He is a great fighter, and awesome to watch. The guy's skills as a boxer are on par with RJJ, but it's his out of the ring personality that I hate. Like Roy Jones, he is just such a god damn punk. And thats not even it though. being a punk is fine if you can back it up. But he was so unimpresive in his last fight against Castillo, and his asshole remarks after the fight were just totally uncalled for. Saying that it was an easy fight, that Castillo was a chump etc....oh, and the whole fact that he beats his wife doesn't help either. My hope is that his hands start to bother him again on Saturday night and Castillo catches him while he tries to squeek by on his defense. Either way it should be an entertaining night.

Originally posted by zeeker

He is a great fighter, and awesome to watch. The guy's skills as a boxer are on par with RJJ, but it's his out of the ring personality that I hate. Like Roy Jones, he is just such a god damn punk. And thats not even it though. being a punk is fine if you can back it up. But he was so unimpresive in his last fight against Castillo, and his asshole remarks after the fight were just totally uncalled for. Saying that it was an easy fight, that Castillo was a chump etc....oh, and the whole fact that he beats his wife doesn't help either. My hope is that his hands start to bother him again on Saturday night and Castillo catches him while he tries to squeek by on his defense. Either way it should be an entertaining night.

I can't argue with that....he is a punk, but all the boxers are to some degree.

In fact, the boxers I like watching the most, like RJJ and Tyson, are complete assholes......but I still like watching them box even though Tyson is over the hill.

True, being a punk is part of the game...and it's hard to find top fighters who don't throw around their fair share of attitude. But for some reason it pisses me the hell off. I tend to like the nice, composed guys who try and let their fists do most of the talking...i.e. De La Hoya, Morales, Kostya Tyzsu(sp), Mosley etc...

My moment of boxing glory came this year when De La Hoya KTFO'd that punk ass, shit talker Vargas. I absolutely despise guys like that.

Man that was one boring fight, i hope this heavyweight one is better.

Interesting to see that he and his brother have phds from the universty of kiev i doubt many heavyweights have them.

There saying everything on hbo now about him except what we all think, is he going to be the next white hope

both fights were pretty boring. What are you gonna do though? Mayweather did enough to get by and put Castillo behind him. Wladimir wasn't tested at all, and it was only a matter of time before that KO came. Next week, Holyfield-Byrd. Hopefully it'll be a little more exciting.