Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you get dressed up for NYE??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just telling my bf how I've been seeing sooooooo many nice dresses and would love to get REALLY "dressed" for NYE. However, this year we'll be in Killington so I doubt the Shelli Segal dress I've been eyeing in Bloomies would be appropriate for the slopes.:(

Maybe this year I'll get a pedicure and manicure, but NOT MY HAIR.

For some reason, I hate how my stylist blows my hair dry, I'd rather do it myself... She like makes it too "done" if that makes sense.....

I just want it straight, not a big puff ya know???

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

Chica we can get them done together( mani pedi)...I think I might ahve my stylist put it up for me in some weird messy thing but not up doish IF that makes sense, haha :laugh:

word of advice --- updo's :nono: lol just kidding, but I just think your hair looks the best down and curly..... :)

I mean maybe if we were going to some formal party an updo would be appropriate, but I'm not so sure about where we "might" be heading.......... :D

Originally posted by mystify82281

word of advice --- updo's :nono: lol just kidding, but I just think your hair looks the best down and curly..... :)

I mean maybe if we were going to some formal party an updo would be appropriate, but I'm not so sure about where we "might" be heading.......... :D

Nonono, I think I might have not said it right. I want it in some messy messy thing that looks really cool, its on some model in this months cosmo...not updo chica, its not my wedding:laugh:

Originally posted by dknybabe2929

just wondering because I want to go decked out this year...not like ball gown decked out, but dressed very nice

Depends on where we go. A couple of years ago we all got dressed up in nice dresses, suits, and did dinner than went out... I usually dress up, it's part of the fun....:)

I bought THE MOST GORGEOUS dress for New Years this year....

~It's an asymetrical cut starting extremely short all the way up my thigh on one side and goes down to mid-calf on the other side. It's halter-style and ties at the neck and has a totally open back that's like 1/2 inch above my butt crack lol. The front is a plunge neck (spuer low cut), about 2 inches above my belly button. It's nude, and totally matches the color of m skin when I am tan, and has black lace over it, so it looks like I just have lace glued to me. I know it sounds a bit provacative, but in reality, I look so classy in it and it's just unbelievably gorgeous and to die for!!!~

----------h on one side and goes down to mid-calf on the other side. It's halter-style and ties at the neck and has a totally open back that's like 1/2 inch above my butt crack lol. The front is a plunge neck (spuer low cut), about 2 inches above my belly button. It's nude, and totally matches the color of m skin when I am tan, and has black lace over it, so it looks like I just have lace glued to me. I know it sounds a bit provacative, but in reality, I look so classy in it and it's just unbelievably gorgeous and to die for!!!~

WOW - that dress sounds HOT!!!!! Where are you going for New Year's???

You better post some pics of it!!! :D

OOOOOO!! I will, I will!!! OMG I'm so excited!!! Actually, I'm not sure yet. I probably will go to some Russian restaurant in Brooklyn like "Rasputin" or something, and just get really fuckin drunk lol. I'm just so excited to get my nails and a pedicure done lol. But, I never yet my hair done... I like the way I straighten it better than my stylist. He just makes it "too" straight, get what I mean?? I actually just got a digital camera, so I get to post pics lol. :D You guys have any other suggestions what good parties there are, just in case my other plan falls through>>??

Originally posted by ellinita

OOOOOO!! I will, I will!!! OMG I'm so excited!!! Actually, I'm not sure yet. I probably will go to some Russian restaurant in Brooklyn like "Rasputin" or something, and just get really fuckin drunk lol. I'm just so excited to get my nails and a pedicure done lol. But, I never yet my hair done... I like the way I straighten it better than my stylist. He just makes it "too" straight, get what I mean?? I actually just got a digital camera, so I get to post pics lol. :D You guys have any other suggestions what good parties there are, just in case my other plan falls through>>??

Yes you def. have to post pics!!! :D

As far as parties, I would love to somewhere in the city, but everything is so expensive!!!! So I'm going to MetroLounge in NJ.... not that expensive, open til 11 am (only other place open as late is SF!), open bar w/top shelf liquor til pretty late, always a great crowd, and GREAT music, plus a hotel's attached so you wouldn't have t drive!!!!!!!!!! :D

Maybe check out the New Year's messageboard?!? :confused:

Yes you def. have to post pics!!! :D

As far as parties, I would love to somewhere in the city, but everything is so expensive!!!! So I'm going to MetroLounge in NJ.... not that expensive, open til 11 am (only other place open as late is SF!), open bar w/top shelf liquor til pretty late, always a great crowd, and GREAT music, plus a hotel's attached so you wouldn't have t drive!!!!!!!!!! :D

Maybe check out the New Year's messageboard?!? :confused:

Hmmmm, MetroLounge actually doesn't sound bad at all :) ... I've never been there, but I hear it's a good place.

Originally posted by ellinita

Hmmmm, MetroLounge actually doesn't sound bad at all :) ... I've never been there, but I hear it's a good place.

Yes it is! From the crowd, to the music, to the vibe, it's a good time!

I will be there along w/some other fashion board peeps....!!!