Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MARIO PIU!!!!

If you know a thing or two about Pumping Italian Techno, the way Mauro Picotto likes it, then who better to trust than Picotto's italian partner Mario Piu!

This weekend Mario will come to NY for the first time to play an exclusive gig at arc. This is a one-off exclusive US event as Mario allows a week-end his busy European tour schedule to join us here in New York. It definately looks set to be a very special night!!

He's joined by Noel Sanger, Paolo Mojo and Native Theory.

Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but I'm a little skeptical of this event. I heard reviews from Gatecrasher where he was recently spinning and word has it he was awful, that his mixing was crap and he played cheese tracks. :hey: Is this guy really all that he's cracked up to be?

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Not to rain on anyone's parade or anything, but I'm a little skeptical of this event. I heard reviews from Gatecrasher where he was recently spinning and word has it he was awful, that his mixing was crap and he played cheese tracks. :hey: Is this guy really all that he's cracked up to be?

i take the 5th....but i wont be there :)

Well Gatecrasher at this point is a mess so I wont comment more than that. But production wise Mario is definitely up there. I saw him in Riccione, Italy last year and he blew the fuckign doors of the club!!

And as always you can count on NOEL to shake your ass!!

MUCH LOVE TO BRENDAN AND HISHAM our boys of NATIVE THEORY!!

I have a feeling there is gonna be a lot of freaking shhhhhhh going on in that room. They play ridiculously sexy sets!

Originally posted by nickarc

If you know a thing or two about Pumping Italian Techno, the way Mauro Picotto likes it, then who better to trust than Picotto's italian partner Mario Piu!

Maybe if he sticks to this and learns to mix he might be ok:D oh and if he doesn't play communication again :laugh:

Cottoncandydream- Please comment on why Gatecrasher is in such a mess,i would love to hear your views.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

GC: Numbers are way down, drama inside the organization....may not be around for much longer.

People complain about NYC but the fact is we have more people going clubbing than UK right now.

I don't think you know what you are talking about really.

Gatecrasher =Sell out montly event in Sheffield,sell out monthly event in london with PVD as resident,15,000 sell out event at NEC 2 weeks ago with an all star lineup,they are really in the shit. :rolleyes: They also own club Bed which pulls all the big names in house music.

I think you will find just because a few so called superclubs that have been around for years start losing numbers,doesn't mean shit.There are a hundred other clubs which are coming through at the moment which are poised to take over from them,just you haven't heard of them.

WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT???? The last GC didn't even SELL 80%

11.16.2002 WHICH YES IS BETTER THAN MOST UK PROMOTERS ARE DOING HOWEVER THEY ARE LOSING MONEY. THUS TROUBLE!

I love the whole crew there and have done many events with Scott & Matt. Before half the people in NY clubland new what GC was we were doing GC tours at Limelight (THE OLD LIMELIGHT not ESTATE)

Originally posted by starshaped

I don't think you know what you are talking about really.

Gatecrasher =Sell out montly event in Sheffield,sell out monthly event in london with PVD as resident,15,000 sell out event at NEC 2 weeks ago with an all star lineup,they are really in the shit. :rolleyes: They also own club Bed which pulls all the big names in house music.

I think you will find just because a few so called superclubs that have been around for years start losing numbers,doesn't mean shit.There are a hundred other clubs which are coming through at the moment which are poised to take over from them,just you haven't heard of them.

exactly..... and Crasher at NEC did sell out

OH yes and promoter always tell you whats up and are extremely accurate? Since GC never announced that the NEC date was sold out but they did say this

MARIO PIU, LISA LASHES / FC KAHUNA THEIR SETS JUST REACH LEVELS THAT THE PREVIOUS DJ’S HAVE SET FOR THEM, THEN NOT ONLY DO THEY REACH THEM, THEY SURPASS THEM, HOW, GOD KNOWS? BUT FROM THE CROWD'S REACTION IN EACH ROOM, THEY HAVE.

Which would make Star's comment about Mario being off for shit.

:rolleyes:

WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT???? The last GC didn't even SELL 80%

11.16.2002 WHICH YES IS BETTER THAN MOST UK PROMOTERS ARE DOING HOWEVER THEY ARE LOSING MONEY. THUS TROUBLE!

Why did they announce it as sold out the week before then? Oh and the last Gatecrasher's were last Friday/Saturday and they were both sellouts.Where are they losing all this money?

OH yes and promoter always tell you whats up and are extremely accurate? Since GC never announced that the NEC date was sold out but they did say this

Which would make Star's comment about Mario being off for shit.

:rolleyes:

I think you will find that is a review of the Crasher site and they are hardly going to say he was shit are they? I have not read one good review of his performance on Crashers message board from the NEC and i was personally there for his set on Saturday and i have never seen one as bad by a proffesional dj. To prove this,go to this address and read the review of the event and see how many people you can find who enjoyed his set

www.trance***********/forums/showthread.php?threadid=77701&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

EDIT-Won't let me link to another board but if you go on Gatecrasher,tranceaddict or anywhere where else there is review of the event you will find people universally slating him,so it is not just me.

EDIT-Won't let me link to another board but if you go on Gatecrasher,tranceaddict or anywhere where else there is review of the event you will find people universally slating him,so it is not just me.

you post on TA? what is your sn?

I don't post on there,i was just using it as a neutral board to prove what i said.

yeah i don't know - i post there and they can be a bit biased sometimes. i'll see piu on saturday and let you know what i think. maybe he will step it up for new york.

though i read the reviews and that many TAs can't ALL be wrong. maybe piu had a bad night? idk - have you ever seen him when he is on?

Originally posted by hotcheme

yeah i don't know - i post there and they can be a bit biased sometimes. i'll see piu on saturday and let you know what i think. maybe he will step it up for new york.

Yeah maybe he will play a different style,i was under the impression he played Picotto style techno,but he was kinda playin a bit of everything,badly mixed and completly random.Don't get me wrong he played some really good stuff but he couldn't do anything with it and it made his set impossible to get into.

Some tunes he played :-

Mario Piu - Communication

Art of Trance - Madagascar

Gouryella - Ligaya (Vocal Mix)

Gouryella - Ligaya (Original Mix)

Plastic Boy - Silverbath (this caused a mass run back onto the dancefoor i guess!)

DJ Tiesto - Lethal Industry

BK - Revolution

Dumonde - Mind Made Up

DJ Atmosherik - Will You Remember Me?

Dariush - IRA

Ghostland - Guide Me God (PvD Mix)

Joy Energizer - Joy Dont Stop lol.gif

Eon - Pocket Damage

Mauro Picotto-Taub (original)

Yeah maybe he will play a different style,i was under the impression he played Picotto style techno,but he was kinda playin a bit of everything,badly mixed and completly random.Don't get me wrong he played some really good stuff but he couldn't do anything with it and it made his set impossible to get into.

Some tunes he played :-

Mario Piu - Communication

Art of Trance - Madagascar

Gouryella - Ligaya (Vocal Mix)

Gouryella - Ligaya (Original Mix)

Plastic Boy - Silverbath (this caused a mass run back onto the dancefoor i guess!)

DJ Tiesto - Lethal Industry

BK - Revolution

Dumonde - Mind Made Up

DJ Atmosherik - Will You Remember Me?

Dariush - IRA

Ghostland - Guide Me God (PvD Mix)

Joy Energizer - Joy Dont Stop lol.gif

Eon - Pocket Damage

Mauro Picotto-Taub (original)

I would love a review of this night as well, btw no one plays PICOTTO style not even Mario ;)