Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cookie recipes...

dgmodel

Originally posted by misk

...go to a&p....purchase.....open package.....arrange on pretty holiday dish.........

....:D

exactly...then you can even spread some powered sugar before arranging them so it looks yummy...After doing all that HARD, strenous work...you can sit back and take FULL CREDIT :)

OK, I'm bored enough to actually post a recipe, so here goes:

(I 'jacked this from the back of Hershey's Cocoa mix. Been using it for years. Satisfaction guaranteed.)

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups (12-ounce package) Reese's Peanut Butter Chips (Reese's Pieces candy can be substituted.)

Heat over to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chips. Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes. (Don't overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet onto wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 1/2 dozen cookies.

Yum, yum.

Originally posted by dgmodel

would you be confident enough to enter this recipe into a contest???

Yes and no. Yes, because they are delish and would surely take first prize. No, because this recipe is not an original. Like I said, I got it off a package of Hershey's Cocoa. That said, these cookies are the bomb, and if your intentions are to serve them at a holiday gathering, they will be a success.

whoa... stop the press... i found the end all be all recipe and cookie... and i just keep flooding my brain with ideas to decorate them... (i want to put them all in a flower pot, and then for soil use cocoa powder, and sprinkle some powdered sugar on the soil and plant/cookie to make it look like snow!!!)

sd1c37_pinwheels.jpg

3/4 cup butter, softened

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

1 egg, separated

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

Parchment paper

30 wooden Popsicle sticks

1 cup red sugar

30 green M &M candies

With a paddle attachment beat butter, cream cheese and egg yolk until smooth, reserving the white for later. Stir in flour and baking powder. Mix until stiff dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Lightly beat egg white and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

On lightly floured surface, roll dough, 1/2 at a time, into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. With sharp knife, cut dough into 3-inch squares. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased, parchment-lined cookie sheets.

Brush with egg white. Lightly press about 1 1/2 inches of wooden stick into bottom center of each dough square. With sharp knife, cut the dough diagonally from each corner to within 1/2-inch of center of each square. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon red sugar over each square. Fold alternate corners of the square to the center to form pinwheel, overlapping the dough at the center pushing down gently to seal in center. Press one M & M in center of each pinwheel.

Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until set. Using spatula, immediately remove from cookie sheets.

Yield: 30 servings

Prep Time: 25 minutes

Inactive Prep Time: 1 hour

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Difficulty: Easy

• 5 weeks later...