Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Holyfield - Byrd?

zeeker

Holyfield in 5 and please retire, u gave me one brillant night the night he fought tyson first i don't want to see him getting fucked up!

The night he fought he Tyson i made so much money i was a poor student at the time so what i made might not be much at this stage but at the time it was huge

Originally posted by zeeker

Holyfield says he won't retire until he is the undisputed Heavyweight champ again. He basically said that even if he loses he's gonna keep going. Kind of sad. The guy is gonna be a vegetable when he's done.

He already sounds like an idiot when he talks, I remember when he first started, you can actually tell the difference from then til now.... :(

He was a great champ though...

Originally posted by lolahotass

I don't think so punk:rolleyes: :eek::tongue: :tongue: ;)

I'm sure this will be on pay per view eh? We should have a party and get a few of us together to pitch in and make a night of it......hmmmm:idea: :idea:

Lola:D

not a bad idea. too bad I am gonna be out of town.. :(

But actually its on HBO, so no need to pay for it, after all why pay for it when Holyfield is over the hill and Byrd is just an up and comer.

it's tough to say that Holyfield isn't over the hill, but...how can you really say he is? I mean, he just got off a win against the guy who laid Lennox Lewis out last year, and no matter how you look at it, is still a top heavyweight. Saturday will be the tell all for Holyfield. If he wins, then fuck it, keep at it dude. if he loses convincingly, he needs to get the fuck out of boxing. He's already considered one of the greatest heavyweights ever, no need to die trying to further prove yourself.

Holyfield is still one bad-ass MoFo ya know?

But Chris Byrd is an experience boxer - not a newbie. He won in the Olympics in like 96' or something.... and he's had a few notable fights (don't ask, I'm no boxing guru).

So I think it'll be good. Glad to see it's on HBO... oh goodie - i can watch it for free:)

Originally posted by brickhouse

Byrd will win simply because Holyfield lost it a couple of years ago. John Ruiz isn't even the 10th best boxer in the heavyweight division, and Holyfield lost to him a couple times. Guy should have just quit while he was ahead.

correction...Holyfield lost to Ruiz once, beat him once, and drew once. And the draw was a disgrace in my opinion.

Secondly, Ruiz IS a top 10 heavyweight...the guy has a belt to prove it. He didn't get it by accident.

Third, Holyfield is still up there with the best of them. Can he beat a Lennox Lewis, no way in hell. But he's still a contender. He shoudl definitely retire soon, just because of how old he is. But he can still bang with the best of them.

correction...Holyfield lost to Ruiz once, beat him once, and drew once. And the draw was a disgrace in my opinion.

Secondly, Ruiz IS a top 10 heavyweight...the guy has a belt to prove it. He didn't get it by accident.

Third, Holyfield is still up there with the best of them. Can he beat a Lennox Lewis, no way in hell. But he's still a contender. He shoudl definitely retire soon, just because of how old he is. But he can still bang with the best of them.

OK, then name the only fighter to beat Vitali Klitchko?

Even if Ruiz and Holyfield MIGHT be top 10 right now (I seriously don't think they are....I know Holyfield beat Tua 2 years ago, but he'd whoop Holyfield now), Byrd is unquestionably top 5. No, he doesn't have the stuff to be a #1, but then again, not many do...

OK, then name the only fighter to beat Vitali Klitchko?

Even if Ruiz and Holyfield MIGHT be top 10 right now (I seriously don't think they are....I know Holyfield beat Tua 2 years ago, but he'd whoop Holyfield now), Byrd is unquestionably top 5. No, he doesn't have the stuff to be a #1, but then again, not many do...

dude, you're talking out of your ass on this one.

1. Holyfield never even fought Tua.

2. Vitali Klitchko isn't even the best boxer in his own family . His brother is the good one who people think has a shot against Lewis, and the guy who totally dominated Byrd.

3. please name me 10 heavyweights that you think should be ranked higher then Ruiz and Holyfield. Considering Ruiz holds a belt, and Holyfield has recently as well, and just beat Rahman who knocked out Lennox Lewis, I think it's almost impossible to not include them in the top 10. But you somehow figured out a way to leave them out. So, post away...I'll even help you...

Lewis

both Klitchkos

Tua

Byrd

McCline...

there's 6 to start you off...

btw, here's a list of the current Heavyweight champions...as you can see, Holyfield is ranked #2 by three organizations and Ruiz is the WBA champion.

http://boxingtalk.net/pages/rankings.htm

Originally posted by lolahotass

I don't think so punk:rolleyes: :eek::tongue: :tongue: ;)

I'm sure this will be on pay per view eh? We should have a party and get a few of us together to pitch in and make a night of it......hmmmm:idea: :idea:

Save your moolah,..the fight is gonna be on HBO...kinda 'free' if you got premium cable. But I gotta say this, ever since Holyfield got his azz handed to him by Lennox and the called it a friggin draw !!! ------ I was just about done with fake-fixxer-upper-sport. I hope Holyfield wins, so he can just ride into the sunset...LOL

Originally posted by magellanmax

Save your moolah,..the fight is gonna be on HBO...kinda 'free' if you got premium cable. But I gotta say this, ever since Holyfield got his azz handed to him by Lennox and the called it a friggin draw !!! ------ I was just about done with fake-fixxer-upper-sport. I hope Holyfield wins, so he can just ride into the sunset...LOL

yeah, although unfortunately even if he wins he's still gonna fight. He wants to be the 'undisputed' champ again, which means if he wins he's gonna have to fight the winner of the Roy Jones - John Ruiz fight to get the IBF title, and then if he wins that, go after Lewis for the rest. So, he has a minimum of 3 huge fights left if he wins. But he wont', and he'll keep trying and will probably fight into his 50's or until Boxing declairs him unfit to box. Kind of sad. :box:

Holyfield should hang the gloves up. He came back at the end but he was totally outclassed tonight. There's really nowhere to go at this point. he's got the money, he's considered one of the best heavyweights ever, he should just walk away. I don't know if anyone watched the fight or heard his interview afterwards, but the guy can barely talk anymore. Again, pretty sad.

That was one of the funnier matches ive seen in a while, starting with the bs before the match... ok if they want to have George Forman around, for a big name, then they really shouldnt give him a mic. And if they do, they should either make his que cards easier to read, or put him through second grade again, becasue he was really having a hard time.

And that was the worst fight ive seen in a while, you had holyfield looking for a knock out but never throwing any punchs.

And Byrd did beat him, but he needs to hit the gym, and get a little power behind his punch, that was pathetic

Holyfield should hang the gloves up. He came back at the end but he was totally outclassed tonight. There's really nowhere to go at this point. he's got the money, he's considered one of the best heavyweights ever, he should just walk away. I don't know if anyone watched the fight or heard his interview afterwards, but the guy can barely talk anymore. Again, pretty sad.

Happy now?

I'll reneg on the Ruiz thing....he should be about 8th, behind Lewis, Wladimir, Byrd, Vitali, Oquendo, Ibeabuchi (once he gets out of prison in about a year), and Tua. Decent arguments could also be made for Clifford Etienne and Francois Botha (who looks MUCH better than he did a few years ago when he was embarrassed by Tyson and Lewis). However, like I said in another post, those rankings show how more emphasis is placed on how good a boxer used to be than how good they are right now. That's the only possible explanation for Tyson, Rahman (who was, in my opinion, a Buster Douglas type fluke), or Holyfield being ranked anymore....

Happy now?

I'll reneg on the Ruiz thing....he should be about 8th, behind Lewis, Wladimir, Byrd, Vitali, Oquendo, Ibeabuchi (once he gets out of prison in about a year), and Tua. Decent arguments could also be made for Clifford Etienne and Francois Botha (who looks MUCH better than he did a few years ago when he was embarrassed by Tyson and Lewis). However, like I said in another post, those rankings show how more emphasis is placed on how good a boxer used to be than how good they are right now. That's the only possible explanation for Tyson, Rahman (who was, in my opinion, a Buster Douglas type fluke), or Holyfield being ranked anymore....

lol, no I'm not happy now. Yes, Holyfield should retire...but he's still a top 10 heavyweight. He just lost to teh current IBF champ...that doesn't take his stock away as being one of the better heavyweights around.

Clifford Etienne and Francois Botha are both HORRIBLE! Did you by any chance see them fight each other this past summer??? It was entertaining as hell, just because of how horrible Cliff's defense is, but from a boxing standpoint it was just ugly. Cliff just signed to fight Tyson, and matching one of teh biggest punchers in the division with one of the worst defenders...well, you do the math.

And you can't disregard a fighter's past fights and only concentrate on recent ones. I mean, you still have to take into consideration how they got where they were. Holyfield is obviously not in his prime right now, but he can still compete. His last 3 losses were to current heavyweight champions...Lewis, Ruiz, Byrd. There's no shame in losing to guys like that. he faired better then a lot of other guys in the division would.