Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish in Santo Domingo - Dominican Republic

That is so cool that Deep Dish is playing there. I've been to the Guacara Taina and it's a really nice venue. Hopefully it'll be well attended so that more future acts will consider booking gigs there. Most of the music you hear in DR is bachata/merengue/salsa which is fine but it would be nice to have a club there that plays house and trance just to spice things up.

I live on the North Coast and the merengue and bachata is driving me insane..lol. I been playing in a local club some House and Trance and the people like it for about 1 hour and then they request Dominican music again.

Santo Domingo actually has a pretty good underground scene with Sandra Collins, Max Graham, Deep Dish, and a few other notables performing in a span of 2 months.

Originally posted by conchman

Santo Domingo actually has a pretty good underground scene with Sandra Collins, Max Graham, Deep Dish, and a few other notables performing in a span of 2 months.

No kidding. I go to Santo Domingo quite often and I've never known of international DJ's playing there. Would you know any clubs in Santo Domingo that would normally play trance/house. I'll probably be back there in February.

The only two clubs I know of (I am sure there are more) are Abacus and the Stalactides (cave). The best thing to do is go on www.809k.com, their calender of events is on top right under 'eventos.' It will list all the electronic music events for the month and their venues. You will also find info on clubs but its in Spanish so only little help for me.

I live on the North Coast near Puerto Plata and the only two clubs that play some house and trance inbetween merengue and bachata are Crazy Moon and the Hurricane Disco.

• 2 weeks later...