Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit Sucks!!!!!

capslock.gif

Q. What is a run-on sentence?

A.: A run-on sentence is an ungrammatical construction in which two or more independent clauses are improperly joined without a conjunction or appropriate punctuation. When a sentence contains several subjects and verb combinations causing the reader to read on and on, that sentence is called a run-on sentence. The effect is that the reader loses the main idea of the sentence. Example: "He doesn't need me he just calls to make himself feel better." Here you could use a semicolon: "He doesn't need me; he just calls to make himself feel better." Another example: "I went to the store I was out of bananas." Here you could either use a semicolon or a conjunction, such as because: "I went to the store because I was out of bananas."

Originally posted by brooklynkid

capslock.gif

A.: A run-on sentence is an ungrammatical construction in which two or more independent clauses are improperly joined without a conjunction or appropriate punctuation. When a sentence contains several subjects and verb combinations causing the reader to read on and on, that sentence is called a run-on sentence. The effect is that the reader loses the main idea of the sentence. Example: "He doesn't need me he just calls to make himself feel better." Here you could use a semicolon: "He doesn't need me; he just calls to make himself feel better." Another example: "I went to the store I was out of bananas." Here you could either use a semicolon or a conjunction, such as because: "I went to the store because I was out of bananas."

Brooklyn Kid Needs to get a life and practice his spinning.

You have WAY to much time on your hands.

-iliana

:D

Originally posted by iliana

I had to give the cage back to your beast of a mom....

Would you like to analyze my sentence lowlife?

You try to hurt my feelings and it makes me sad.:(

BTW, in sentence #1 there's an unnecessary use of ellipses and in sentence #2 there should really be a comma between "sentence" and "lowlife".

BTW, in sentence #1 there's an unnecessary use of ellipses and in sentence #2 there should really be a comma between "sentence" and "lowlife".

HAHHA :laugh: Hurt your feelings?

It doesn't take me to hurt your feelings. All you have to do is look in the mirror and I guarantee you'll be one real sad puppy.

-iliana

:D

capslock.gif

I thought it was an excellent post, rock on :)

mm and i think lowlife should be hyphenated?