Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone have an old palm pilot to sell/trade/give away?

joeg

Originally posted by joeg

Anyone got an old palm m100 or higher they want to get off their hands?? i just need a cheap palm to do some shit on my car...

I want one too.. U got the datalogger cable?? I played with that shit once, very cool stuff. Log it and view on your computer.

When you get yours i'm borrowing it. :D

BTW - how much was the OBDII cable?

Originally posted by teklord310

I want one too.. U got the datalogger cable?? I played with that shit once, very cool stuff. Log it and view on your computer.

When you get yours i'm borrowing it. :D

BTW - how much was the OBDII cable?

hahhaa, you know what i'm talkin about!!!

well... the pocket logger software w/cable goes for $175... i think i saw it for $130 on the dsm classifieds...

its VERY cool... the only downside for odbII is you can't monitor engine knock... but i'll just put in a knock led and watch the timing curve...

check out these screenshots:

view_plog.giflog_plog.gif

Originally posted by phatman

Joe,

Before you buy one, give me a shout...I have one I will probably give to you as a Christmas gift...just not sure on the model number...it's at home...what's your aim screen name...i'll hit you up tonight when i get home...

-nick

thats so nice!!!! :D

my aim is 'joeg meetup'

Originally posted by weed247

YO JOEG I PMED YOU BEFORE.

I GOT TUNGSTEN FOR SALE.ITS BRAND NEW

ILL GIVE IT TO YOU FOR 350.THATS THE LOWEST I CAN GO

EMAIL ME @PSHYCOMATTIE@YAHOO.COM OR IM ME @ PSYCHOMATTIE OR PM ME

IM SERIOUS

ahh, my stupid pm popup never works... thanks for the IM!

Originally posted by legend38

So you can plug a palm pilot into the port in your car that you put the engine Diagnostic tester and it will give you info about your car?

Will it give you codes and engine problems and stuff?

well, you need a special cable, but yeah, basically...

it'll give you diagnostic info aswell as give you the ecu's readouts of everything for tuning... very useful on a turbo car for safely tuning fuel/boost/etc....

plus it can log all of it and you can study it on your pc and see what gains you got from doing certain things... and stuff like that..

Originally posted by joeg

kinda like in the fast 'n furious when they had laptops and stupid shit like that... only this is actually real and useful, and it doesn't yell "DANGER: MANIFOLD PRESSURE!!!!!" :laugh:

LMAO!!!

Some places charge up to like 70$ for a diagnostic test. How much is the cable? about 60 bucks?

Originally posted by legend38

LMAO!!!

Some places charge up to like 70$ for a diagnostic test. How much is the cable? about 60 bucks?

the one i'm looking at is $175... i'm gonna try and find one used... but this is more for performance tuning... i'm sure you can find a code reader much cheaper...

It is OK for tuning but not perfect. If you really want good results install a wideband O2 sensor. That is what you need for tuning. I checked the O2 reading on my car a while ago and its a little rich ~1V. When I was looking for one I saw it for about $100 in a group buy.. i think.

Yea this thing will give you fault codes and all that stuff, it will work on any car with an OBD-II port. Same cable for every car. I believe OBDII was established in 94 or so. You can also hook this up to your laptop. Every company makes a difference cable/software package with different pin configurations, so don't expect to buy a cable somewhere and match it with software elsewhere.

Gluck.

its only gonna be an auto until i get $1600.... hehehe....

and you're one to talk about wanna-be eclipses... as far as i'm concerned there is NO 3rd gen... ;)

yeah, its a AWD Turbo DSM (eclipse/talon/whatever)

wideband o2 is good... i'm just gonna get an egt gauge later this month...

the pocketlogger becomes really useful once you have an s-afc & bigger turbo... thats also on my list of things to do.... then you can figure out when you're maxing your injectors and things like that... without damaging anything...

btw, yarin... i just got my new throttle body in, its running great... i just gotta adjust the idle tomorrow...