Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
dgmodel

Wizard Of Oz...

Originally posted by dgmodel

anyone ever see the midgets killing themselves and shit in the background???

yea after they meet the tin man and start skipping down the yellow brick road? u just see something swaying in the backround in the trees. i just watched this on sunday. is it really true that someone killed themself? or just a joke?

...i've seen it...that movie creeps me out too......too many rumors and shit revolve around it.......NOT TO MENTION LITTLE PEOPLE.....can u imagine working amongst like 100000 small people........fuck!........it's not as bad as willy the pee pee toucher wonka though.......if u take out...the ugly witch...the monkeys...and the midgets....i'm cool...

I heard that the person that kills himself in the backgroung on the trees was one of the director/writers or something. He thought the movie wasnt going to do good, but i never actually seen him in the background(i heard you have to get an original copy)

.....but i could be wrong

If you look closely at that part (after meeting the tin man), it's either a deer or a crane that swings in the background. I could be wrong but after countless pausing and zooming in, it doesn't look like a midget hanging.

GOD I used to watch this movie once a day when I was a little girl... I LOVED IT!!!! Especially the Tin Man - he's adorable ;)

Speaking of weird scenes in movies, there are supposed to be A LOT of sexual "things" in Disney movies..... :eek:

Cindarella - When the Prince's father is talking, they show a whole bunch of statues, and one of them is naked :eek:

Aladdin - Supposedly if you play it slow, a cloud of smoke says something about sex

There are more but I can't remember...... :confused: Anyone???

Originally posted by gmccookny

How about playing "The Wall" soundtrack to The Wizard of Oz?/?

Uncanny how on-track the 2 are with each other :eek::woah:

yea... that was sick. me and my friends watched it in the dark with the album played really loud to make it creepier...

and its funny how the band never admitted that they did it purposely :cool:

Originally posted by mystify82281

Cindarella - When the Prince's father is talking, they show a whole bunch of statues, and one of them is naked :eek:

Aladdin - Supposedly if you play it slow, a cloud of smoke says something about sex

In Alladin there is a part that they are on the flying carpet, and someone in the background says"all good boys and girls take off thier cloths"

GOD I used to watch this movie once a day when I was a little girl... I LOVED IT!!!! Especially the Tin Man - he's adorable ;)

Speaking of weird scenes in movies, there are supposed to be A LOT of sexual "things" in Disney movies..... :eek:

..it's the lion king silly....he plops down and a puff of like dust or flowers or something spell sex...........:tongue:

Ok Folks,

The Wizard of Oz suicide is one of the most popular urban legends.

From straightdope.com:

Cecil Adams takes on the "suicide in the background of the Wizard of Oz" legend in his column from two weeks ago. He debunks the suicide theory and hints at another interpretation:

The Straight Dope research department, known for its dogged investigative skills, tracked down Stephen Cox, author of an entertaining volume entitled The Munchkins of Oz (1996). Cox, who interviewed more than 30 Munchkins to collect stories about the making of the movie, dismissed the suicide story and hinted at an alternative theory, which we'll get to in a moment. He also put us in touch with Mickey Carroll, 78, one of 13 Munchkins still alive today (out of an original 124). Carroll said he'd first heard the story about five years ago but also thought it was bunk. "We were on the set for two months," he said. "I think I would have known if someone committed suicide." (Incidentally, several Munchkins did get fired--one for threatening his wife with a gun--but apparently none was the suicidal type.)

Well, OK. But then what are we seeing? Cox points out that if you look closely during the eight or nine minutes preceding the "suicide," i.e., from just before Dorothy and the Scarecrow encounter the apple-tossing trees, you can spot a large bird strolling around the set--maybe a crane or a stork. (For much of the time it appears to be tethered near the house on which the Wicked Witch perches.) One presumes the bird is supposed to provide atmosphere, but basically all it does is pop into the frame at odd moments. Reviewing the "suicide" with this in mind, we instantly realize: it's the stupid bird pecking the ground and then flapping its wings! Though, this being Hollywood Babylon and all, a naked woman's leg can't be ruled out entirely. But the adult in us knows the truth.

-- the making of the movie, dismissed the suicide story and hinted at an alternative theory, which we'll get to in a moment. He also put us in touch with Mickey Carroll, 78, one of 13 Munchkins still alive today (out of an original 124). Carroll said he'd first heard the story about five years ago but also thought it was bunk. "We were on the set for two months," he said. "I think I would have known if someone committed suicide." (Incidentally, several Munchkins did get fired--one for threatening his wife with a gun--but apparently none was the suicidal type.)

Well, OK. But then what are we seeing? Cox points out that if you look closely during the eight or nine minutes preceding the "suicide," i.e., from just before Dorothy and the Scarecrow encounter the apple-tossing trees, you can spot a large bird strolling around the set--maybe a crane or a stork. (For much of the time it appears to be tethered near the house on which the Wicked Witch perches.) One presumes the bird is supposed to provide atmosphere, but basically all it does is pop into the frame at odd moments. Reviewing the "suicide" with this in mind, we instantly realize: it's the stupid bird pecking the ground and then flapping its wings! Though, this being Hollywood Babylon and all, a naked woman's leg can't be ruled out entirely. But the adult in us knows the truth.

Originally posted by sugar_n_spice

yea after they meet the tin man and start skipping down the yellow brick road? u just see something swaying in the backround in the trees. i just watched this on sunday. is it really true that someone killed themself? or just a joke?

They did the same thing on 3 Men And a Baby...

( The Kid ( Ghost ) That was by the table with a rifle who supposedly killed himself ) If you look while they are walking by the dining room table at one point you will see a lightened image of the kid...

It is all put there to re-sell and or re- rent the movie... All publicity to make more money on the movie... :tongue:

And yes the Rumor was someone hung themself in Wiz Of Oz

Actually, the kid standing by the curtains in 3 Men and a Baby is just a cardboard cut out. I've heard 2 stories on why it was there.

1-It was part of the decor of the kooky guy's apartment.

2-It was left accidently by the people working on the set. They didn't notice it was there until reviewing the film. It was left in because they didn't think it was that noticable. Yeah right.

Either way, what a great publicity stunt. Everyone raced to Blockbuster to rent 3 Men and a Baby to see the ghost kid.

Originally posted by mala

Yeah right.

Either way, what a great publicity stunt. Everyone raced to Blockbuster to rent 3 Men and a Baby to see the ghost kid.

Did anyone else ever have that feeling that we're living in a world FULL of conspiracies???????

Did anyone else ever have that feeling that we're living in a world FULL of conspiracies???????

LoL Your not alone...

The Govn is all currupt... We have found a cure for everything except Cancer and Aids... Kinda wierd if you ask me... And most cures came out before we had all the technology that we have today... Go Figure...

Movies like Armagedon and Deep Impact make you think...

Conspiracy theory was a great movie...

Etc... Etc...

No the world is just peachy!!!

Originally posted by elementx

LoL Your not alone...

The Govn is all currupt... We have found a cure for everything except Cancer and Aids... Kinda wierd if you ask me... And most cures came out before we had all the technology that we have today... Go Figure...

I'm glad I'm not the only nut thinking these things!!! That whole AIDS and Cancer thing really pisses me off. But bottom line, there's just too much money in the treatment for these diseases, that why I think a cure has "never" been discovered.

Also I was listening to something on the radio about conspiracies, and someone was talking about how the walk on the moon by Neil Armstrong was one big hoax!!!

There's like tons of articles on how they faked it.... :confused:

:(

I'm glad I'm not the only nut thinking these things!!! That whole AIDS and Cancer thing really pisses me off. But bottom line, there's just too much money in the treatment for these diseases, that why I think a cure has "never" been discovered.

Also I was listening to something on the radio about conspiracies, and someone was talking about how the walk on the moon by Neil Armstrong was one big hoax!!!

There's like tons of articles on how they faked it.... :confused:

:(

Yeah there were alot of things floating around Neil Armstrong... But we will never know...

Also it was 2 different people who killed JFK... This is something they will never tell you...

If I talked about half the things that I think about this world people would probably think I am a freak ... :(

Either that... Or the government would hunt me down... LoL Like they did in conspiracy theory...