Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sad girl from Cali

ivory

I wish I could move to New York. To do that though, I'd probably have to become some crack whore, with a fat sloopy tooth-less pimp just to be able to afford a piss poor apartment! Rent in New York fuckin' sucks:(. My parents make over $400,000 but won't support me if I move across country. Any suggest?

Originally posted by ivory

I wish I could move to New York. To do that though, I'd probably have to become some crack whore, with a fat sloopy tooth-less pimp just to be able to afford a piss poor apartment! Rent in New York fuckin' sucks:(. My parents make over $400,000 but won't support me if I move across country. Any suggest?

and i wanna move to cali..hmm guess the grass is always greener

Originally posted by cintron

stay in Cali. NY is dirty, crowded and expensive. Much as i love it, it's getting into my pores and making me twitch.

i don't know which part your living in but where i'm at sure as hell ain't any dirtier then anywhere else. As for crowding yeah its getting there, it looks like queens out here on Long island and its supposed to look like long island for god sakes.. and yeah its expensive but Cali is also expensive..

Well it's kinda the same every where...

It is all about the cost of living... It may cost more in NY. But the salaries ( IN A REAL JOB ) are much higher.

Florida rent for a 1 bedroom is somewhere around $500 to $600

New York Rent for 1 bedroom is somewhere around $750 or $900

Average salary in Florida is almost $10,000 a year less than that of a NY salary...

It all averages out somewhere along the line...

Yeah, I have a few suggestions.

1-Don't boast about Mommy and Daddy's income.-I'm sure they wouldn't want you posting on a messageboard that they make over $400,000.

2-Don't complain-Nobody feels bad for someone whose parents make that kind of money.

3-Get a job-Start making your own dough and quit living off your parents'.

4-Realize your dream of moving to New York.

5-Look for some roommates and share an apartment. Better yet, but maybe not feasible, move here with a few of your friends.

6-Get and decent job in New York-Preferably not as a crack whore. We already have plenty.

7-Live happily ever after.

Please don't come back here ranting that I'm picking on you. I'm doing no such thing.

This Is To Anyone Who Talks Bad About NYC:

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE!!!!!!!!!!

All you people out there who say NYC sucks can move your asses outta here! We don't need people like you here anyway! Except for the 6 months I lived out in southern Cali (which sucked!), I've lived in NYC my entire life (22 years) and I love it! There is no place like it and there never will be!

To the people who say NYC is dirty: Put 10 million people anywhere in the world and it will get dirty. That's part of NYC!!! If you don't like it, you can leave!!!! Better yet, go to L.A. That place is a real shit hole!

I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of people who come to this city (and country) and talk trash about it. If you hate it so much, why the fuck are you here?? :blown::mad:

Originally posted by mala

Yeah, I have a few suggestions.

1-Don't boast about Mommy and Daddy's income.-I'm sure they wouldn't want you posting on a messageboard that they make over $400,000.

2-Don't complain-Nobody feels bad for someone whose parents make that kind of money.

3-Get a job-Start making your own dough and quit living off your parents'.

4-Realize your dream of moving to New York.

5-Look for some roommates and share an apartment. Better yet, but maybe not feasible, move here with a few of your friends.

6-Get and decent job in New York-Preferably not as a crack whore. We already have plenty.

7-Live happily ever after.

Please don't come back here ranting that I'm picking on you. I'm doing no such thing.

yeah i agree. you should not expect your parents to support you... if you want to do something, make it happen.

Originally posted by elementx

Well it's kinda the same every where...

It is all about the cost of living... It may cost more in NY. But the salaries ( IN A REAL JOB ) are much higher.

Florida rent for a 1 bedroom is somewhere around $500 to $600

New York Rent for 1 bedroom is somewhere around $750 or $900

Average salary in Florida is almost $10,000 a year less than that of a NY salary...

It all averages out somewhere along the line...

where the hell is there a 1br in new york for 750 or 900! :eek: def not in the city... :rolleyes: i dont hink you can get a studio fo rthat much ... well maybe 900

The best thing to do is to just be patient & work to save up money ..because there really no point moving here & being broke ass...this is a great city & you want to be able to live here as well as enjoy what the city has to offer (& that means having $$)..NYC will be around for a loooong time be patient & you can pull it off :)

Originally posted by nycchic24

where the hell is there a 1br in new york for 750 or 900! :eek: def not in the city... :rolleyes: i dont hink you can get a studio fo rthat much ... well maybe 900

Seriously, LOL.

And regardless of the lower salaries outside of NYC, the cost of living here is still one of the highest in the country. I don't think it's #1, but a few years ago we were at #3 (SF and another city, don't remember which one, were more expensive).

As for my advice to Ivory: Just save up some money, and then look for someone who needs a roomate. There are some amazing neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Queens that are only a few stops out of Manhattan, where the rent is about half the price. You can even (*shudder*) look in Jersey City or Hoboken, but I'd advice you to stay away from Jersey if you can. ;)

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn

This Is To Anyone Who Talks Bad About NYC:

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE!!!!!!!!!!

All you people out there who say NYC sucks can move your asses outta here! We don't need people like you here anyway! Except for the 6 months I lived out in southern Cali (which sucked!), I've lived in NYC my entire life (22 years) and I love it! There is no place like it and there never will be!

To the people who say NYC is dirty: Put 10 million people anywhere in the world and it will get dirty. That's part of NYC!!! If you don't like it, you can leave!!!! Better yet, go to L.A. That place is a real shit hole!

I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of people who come to this city (and country) and talk trash about it. If you hate it so much, why the fuck are you here?? :blown::mad:

I think i can give a very good and important oppinion about this subject scince im not american , i dont live in NY and i know USA very good....

i been in NY and is one of the must great cities , u have lots of things to do , very international , THE GREATEST RESTAURANT

I EVER SAW mmmmmmmmmmm the smallest ones and cosy the better the taste ...

i know is very hard to live there and people is very cold but is normal for big cities because people is affraid of people ...

if u want to talk about dirtiness come to mexico city , if u want to see a poluted city come to mexico city , if u want to see , crim , kiddnaps , corruption etc.. COME TO MEXICO CITY we are on the record guinnes book for : THE MUST POLUTED CITY IN THE WORLD AND THE MUST CROWDED CITY IN THE WORLD ...

mexico is a beautifful city with so many things to do as , NY and London but people made this city terrible it got so crowded; people coming around the world to live there thinking they have an oportunity and then crime start to rise etc...

did u know mexico goverment call GULLIANI to help them fix mexico city ? well it is true he is now over there teaching them how to fight crime ... anyway every contry , every city has good point and bad points...

remember is not the city or where u live who will make u happy that is IN U just U !!!!!!!...

Originally posted by nycchic24

Um relax dear... No need to roll the eyes... On staten Island that is about the average... I am paying $600 for my studio... Fairly large and in a private house... Electric and Gas included... :) And it is a very nice area...

Manhattan on the other hand... No... My father old 1 Bedroom loft he was paying $3200 a month :eek:

But there are opertunities out side of the big city...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . New York is dope, you gotta have the hustle though . . or You sink . . . :smoke: . . .

definitely true... you def. gotta hustle your shit to make it in the city...

for those who say the city is all grime... chillllll... there are some amazing neighborhoods in brooklyn...

ehh... everyone thinks they have it bad... but somewhere, someone else def. has it worse... keep that in mind people...

:idea: