Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moby attacked in Boston

cookiegirl

Moby recovers after street attack

Dance music star Moby is recovering after being attacked in the street in Boston in the United States. The hit musician was treated in hospital after being punched from behind and then hit in the face outside a gig venue on Wednesday, he said.

Writing on his website, Moby said he was ambushed as he stopped to sign autographs outside the Paradise Club, where he had just given a concert.

The star, best-known for his album Play - one of the best-selling CDs of 2000 - is currently on a US tour.

Three against one? And the 'one' in question is me, hardly the most physically threatening person in the world

Though unsure how many men attacked him - but believing it to be three - Moby said he would file a complaint with local police.

In his online journal, Moby told how he first thought he had got caught up in the remains of a bar fight - but soon realised that the assault was probably personal.

"After being punched in the head from behind a few times, I turned around to see what was going on and one of them punched me in the face a couple of times and then they all ran away," Moby said.

Moby was given stitches in the face, but said he was relieved not to have been more seriously hurt.

He said he wanted to know why he had been singled out - and called on the men to let him know.

"I'm very curious as to why three men would coordinate an attack on me. You know, three against one? And the 'one' in question is me, hardly the most physically threatening person in the world.

"So if one or more of the people who attacked me tonight happen to be reading this, I'd be really curious to know why you attacked me.

"You could anonymously sign on to the boards and describe the attack from your perspective. I'm honestly very curious."

He added that he was not angry with his assailants or looking for revenge because, as a "pacifist", he believed in forgiveness.

He also revealed how he had been attacked on a few previous occasions while working at a nightclub in Port Chester, New York.

Moby - an award-winning songwriter and producer - lives and works in Lower Manhattan, New York.

His album Play sold about 10 million copies and, over the next three years, acted as a soundtrack for many commercials, films and TV documentaries.

I heard a rumor the Moby used to hit on Busta Rhymes during the Area 2 tour and this was just retaliation spurred by an anti-gay sentiment found in black culture....

Or maybe it was someone who'd taken bad acid and misook the back of his head for a large trash talking penis....kinda like the penguin in Billy Madison....

hmm...

Originally posted by revaluation

Or maybe it was someone who'd taken bad acid and misook the back of his head for a large trash talking penis....kinda like the penguin in Billy Madison....

hmm...

I smoked pot last night out of a wooden bowl carved in the shape of a penis. Completely unrelated to anything we're talking about here, but your post about penis just brought that traumatic experience back to my conscious memory. Very disturbing, actually, to pass around a wooden penis pipe. You're basically watching all of your friends suck a wooden cock. I guess the question I failed to get answered last night was why my buddy had a bowl shaped like a penis, but I was just happy I wasn't smoking out of aluminum foil for the first time in weeks, so I never even thought to ask.

Wow. I'm still drunk. :rolleyes: