Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Discotheque last night

Quite a party!

Maybe a bit crowded, but what do you expect for a free event?

I came late, but from what I caught, it seemed that the Native Theory guys had it started quite well.

Erick Morillo did some mad looping, like when he repeated the word "down" (as in "sun goes down") from the Cassius track on top of almost the length of Dark Beat

The mirrored Subliminal logo hanging decoration was cool.

How did things go after 2:15 (when I left, to rest up for work and AVB)?

What a great way to promote a club. Free admission. I will go back there again. It was crowded but it did not matter. I danced my ass off. Lots of fog and the lights were off the hook. The music was good and got harder as the night went on. Left by 4 and it was still pretty crowded. Feel like shit today though. What time did they close?

fuckin a - nobody has more fun then eric morillo. like i told him when we closed the party - if there were planes flying overhead and the italian girls were actually FROM italy, it could have been the terrace@space.

kudos to rob and discotheque for throwing a great FREE party. i'll definitely be hitting it up on the 23rd.

morillo was on his usual whirlwind tour of house history - at times sounding like lawler, tenaglia, eddie baez, luke slater, even getting a little richie hawtin in there. but the whole time it was peppered with vocal house anthems.

the sound system was impressive - penetrating sub-bass, basslines so loud and punchy that i'm still having trouble hearing.

my first time at discotheque, so wasn't sure what to expcet by way of crowd. we ran the gamut from friendly beautiful people to nasty skanky high-maintenence be-otches with mannerisms that said "i'm too good to share the air with you", and even the tronic boys made an appearance. the whole time i was convinced the flyer bags had weed in 'em, but it was just condoms. dammit.

props to the cp heads who made it out.... looking forward to more from this place, though i'll probably bring earplugs :)

what a fuckin party....native theory played well, laying down the groundwork for Morillo who tore it up nicely. the crowd was into it and vibin' off each other and morillo too. haven't seen peeps tear it up on the dancefloor like that in a long time!

everything was ON last night, from the sound to the lights to the crowd to Morillo himself, and the vodka which was running like water last night.

expect more great things from disco...if you have any questions about upcoming events, just shoot me an email at deepak@discothequenyc.com.

Best,

Dee

Originally posted by xpander

I'm not sure. I think I left around 1 or something.

I was slighty intoxicated, so I might not have noticed you. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

yeah, you left before rob got there... apparently bog and k-ris were there too... but i was way too intoxicated by that point...

wow, what a night... lol... the dancers were hot from what i remember... so was the bartender (the female one, wiseass)

ugh... i was gonna go out tonight, but i'm too tired from last night... :laugh: