Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Addition - 12/16

kaydup

So I decided we need a little something to keep us going here. So each week I will post a question, sometimes usless questions, sometimes just my useless ramblings. If you have a suggestion then let me know.

So here goes, answer it, ponder it, mock it, who cares:

Now a days it seems like we are all in a big hurry. But where the hell are we going?

I mean I am as guilty as the next person, I will do most of my calls from my car, and even eat in my car. I get furious when I am in traffic. So why is that? Is it because we are all in a big rush now a days? I mean, if I am in such a rush what am I rushing to get to?? Is it all just so that when I am done, I can have nothing to worry about? And were people really not as productive some 20 or so years ago? Or were they all just better at it, and technology has made us all lazier?

Who knows, if you can make something of that then god bless!

Originally posted by kaydup

Now a days it seems like we are all in a big hurry. But where the hell are we going?

That's actually a big reason Europeans always make fun of Americans. We simply don't know how to relax like they do. Then again they're not as on top of personal hygiene as we are, so who are they to criticize.

society as a whole is always trying to one up the next person, look better than, smarter than, have more than, and faster than...i mean when were little we always want the newest toy before the other kids, see the newest movie before the other kids....it all carries over. by doing everything quicker you hope to achieve more. also i think the more options we have the lazier we get and the more were never happy with what we have...everyone is going towards a "bigger and better" goal but if you ask the majority of people what that goal is they dont really know....

blah pointless rambling lol

Originally posted by groovefire

I'm not sure how this fits in with the whole discussion, but let me add that I used to get a lot more done at work before discovering this message board.

Good point, however I think it makes me sane sometimes. I will run around doing stuff and I usually have them open on my desktop so it is good to take a breather and check in

Originally posted by kaydup

This is a good point. I've noticed it a lot more when in traffic these days. People are fawken crazy!! And the road rage some have is ridicules! You know please cut me off so you can get to that red light a whole 10 seconds before me... :blank:

Perfect example of this is on Friday in Lynn this guy was driving his pregnant (9 months) girlfriend home from an ultra sound and the light he was suppose to stop at turned red so in an effort to not spend 30 seconds waiting for the light he tried to cut through a gas station on the corner.. well his care went air borne she went out the moon roof and the car landed on her (very gory details) so now she's dead.. luckily the baby is still alive (in critical condition but alive) and that ass only had a few scratches on him!!! :mad: Stupid prick!!!! All because he didn't want to wait at a red light!!!!!

I think part of the reason people in this country are in such a hurry comes from our herritage. The USA was founded and continues to be populated by people that felt things weren't good enough where they were. Every one comes here for the American dream, start with nothing, and build yourself up to something. Nothing you have is ever good enough, or fast enough, or expensive enough, we need more. With all these advancements in technology, we've become lazy and expect instant gratifacation in every aspect of our lives (could you picture using this site with dial up?). It's just like Denis Leary said "Only in America would someone invent crack, only in America would cocaine not be good enough for some people."