Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Open Relationships

luvle02

I don't know if I could. I have "dated" a few different boys nothing serious, but I wasn't sleeping with them, and they all knew about each other. I kept it honest. As far as a serious relationship, I don't think I could do it. I am eager to read how people have one and be ok with it.................

. . If its a boyfriend/girlfriend situation, then why even continue the relationship? . . I mean, please now, lets be honest about shit here. If you're in a commited relationship and you want to make it 'open' where you're gonna be sharing intimacy with multiple partners, why not just end it and become fuck buddies?? . . .

. . . The person in the coupling who brings up the idea of having their relationship be 'open' is pretty much saying to their partner : "Look, I don't feel as intensely as you do, and quite frankly you're not satisfying me sexually, so I want to go out and fuck other people . . . BUT still have the option of slinking back to you if shit gets bad and I need support.". . .

. . . Thats a wussy way to do things . . . :no: . . . NOW, married couples that have 'open' status are just odd . . . I've known quite a few of them . . . Not my cup of tea, sorry . . .

Originally posted by luvle02

Anyone ever have one? How do you even bring this topic up w/o braking up all together?

you can't. Once you enter into an open relationship, no matter how both parties pretend everything is still the same, it isn't.

it's extremely rare to find two people both on the exact same wavelength who both don't become affected, jealous or hurt or dont care if the other person is seeing someone else.

And if you did find two people who didn't care, then maybe they shouldn't be going out. It's like having a license to be a slut.

can't have your cake and eat it too. "Relationship" implies exclusivity. Once you break that, it's no longer a true relationship, just something there you use to save face and cover up any slutty things you do outside of it.

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . If its a boyfriend/girlfriend situation, then why even continue the relationship? . . I mean, please now, lets be honest about shit here. If you're in a commited relationship and you want to make it 'open' where you're gonna be sharing intimacy with multiple partners, why not just end it and become fuck buddies?? . . .

. . . The person in the coupling who brings up the idea of having their relationship be 'open' is pretty much saying to their partner : "Look, I don't feel as intensely as you do, and quite frankly you're not satisfying me sexually, so I want to go out and fuck other people . . . BUT still have the option of slinking back to you if shit gets bad and I need support.". . .

. . . Thats a wussy way to do things . . . :no: . . . NOW, married couples that have 'open' status are just odd . . . I've known quite a few of them . . . Not my cup of tea, sorry . . .

my thoughts exactly. its either one or the other imo.

BAD IDEA.

I tried it once, because I was exploring the *other* avenue of my sexual tastes... and the whole threesome thing wasn't working out w/my and my (then) bf. Well, if you think it's bad having to watch your man do things to another woman right in front of your very eyes, imagine what it's like when you have no idea what's going on, and have only your imagination to rely on?

Anyone who can deal with it, hey, more power to 'em... diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. However, there aren't a whole lot of people out there who can, or should, handle an open relationship.

Find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with...

WORK out all the diffrences and complications..share, learn, teach, and explore...

Every other option is just a waste of your fucking time...

and you dont have much time on this dump of a planet...so get cracken.

:flame:

i had a few that worked.. the one that lasted the longest ended because he would lie about who he was seeing. it was really annyoing, i would be like 'who did you go to the movies with last night?' and he would say 'some friends' or something instead of names.. then i was like wait, you wont even tell me who you went to the movies with, why do we hang out?!?!!?

i guess i dont think there is anything wrong with it as long as you can be honest about things and you are both OK with it. i think i can handle it better than a guy could though, you even mention going out to dinner with someone and they are instantly mad. :laugh:

also, as much as i can say i am cool about it, i think i am cooler with the idea than the actuality, because if he had said, 'i was at the movies with some girl' i would have turned into a bitter bitch.. u can't win.

:hat:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

i dont think it is that they arent satisfied it is more that they think they would be happier if they can do as they please. meeting new people & forming relationships/bonds (fucking randoms) is exciting... (a shallow form of entertainment but many people dont know any better).

oh, this guy at my job knows all these open marriage chicks.. he will bring them to his friends house and him and his friend will fuck em... i cant believe the things this guy tells me. i cant imagine the husband not caring if his wife is getting fucked by 2 men while hes working.