Clubplanet Nightlife Community

KRISTINE W.

d.j johnny a.

LET ME START BY SAYING KRISTINE W. IS SO F...... SEXY. VERY NICE LADY. WISH I HAD MORE TIME TO TALK TO HER. MEGASTORE WAS JAMMED UP WITH PEOPLE. LA CLUBS SUCK BECUASE A LOT OF TIMES THERES NO ENERGY. PEOPLE OUT HERE SEEM NOT TO KNOW DANCE MUSIC TO WELL. IT SEEMS THAT WHEN I WAS IN NY PEOPLE KNEW MOST EVERY SONG AND KNEW THE DJS WHO WERE ON THE 1S AND 2S. I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO MEET A LOT OF BIG TIME DJ'S WHEN I WAS OVERTHERE. HIT ME BACK. PEACE!! cwm30.gif

Big j - I hear ya, but I think the scene out here has been improving big time!

People are starting to go places because of the music and DJs.

Believe me there are alot of times where the vibe dies in NY too - people out for the substances only. Lets make LA better!

Don't have all the details yet but - I just got back from NY and we plan to bring a bunch of NY DJs out here. They are actually dyeing to come to LA. I also have a bunch of dancers that will come as well.

So we will definitely have a pHat NY style night out here.

peace

cwm38.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

That is a great Idea. I'm a realtive neophite when it comes to this stuff, but if we can have half the vibe and energy of what I saw last weekend in NY, it will be definetly an improvement.

I think meeting places like Club LA can do a great deal to help foster this change in attitude. I really do.

Because you can sense it in people, I think everyone is a little tired of the negativity and pretention that has dominated the LA scene for the last few years.

Keep up the fight. cwm42.gif

------------------

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both, And be one traveler, long I stood, And looked down one as far as I could...

I shall be telling this with a sigh, Somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

--RF

I agree that there needs to be change, but I would also say that this is the nature of LA. We can never change the lack of commitment and motivation in the majority of LA'ers. I do hope that the concept catches on there are a few things both cities can learn from each other.

cwm7.gif

I FEEL ALL THE POSITIVE VIBES FROM EVERYONE. I'VE BEEN DJ'ING FOR ALMOST TWENTY YEARS AND NOTICE THAT WHEN NY DJ'S COME TO LA THEY ALWAYS PLAY ON THE WEST SIDE. I HAVE MANY CONNECTIONS TO CLUBS ON THE EASTSIDE OF LA. I WOULD LOVE TO CONNECT WITH WEST SIDE PROMOTERS AND BRING THESE BIG NAME DJ'S TO THE EASTSIDE. BY THE WAY WHY DO MOST DJ'S NOW PLAY INSTRUMENTAL VERSIONS ONLY OF SONGS. DO THEY NOT REALIZE THAT VOCALS ADD SO MUCH MORE TO A SONG? PEACE! cwm17.gif

big j - I also hear you about vocals...

def. lacking around here. They really get me going - bring back that 'feeling' cwm12.gif

BUT there is also the case where some NY Djs remix any and every vocal song good or bad - and that gets out of control...

can = lots of cheesy remixes

But overall I DO miss vocals!

Archived