Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How do you think this guy will do???

incredulous

It will be years before he becomes a force......

He's not worth a #1 pick. I don't care about what any of those anylists say but name one high schooler that actually made a difference within the first three years he was with his team. He's probably gonna get picked for a shitty team too so he'll be out to bigger and better things in three years anyways.

This high schooler hype is a f'in shame. I can't wait to watch the pro players make that fucker look like a butt pimple next year.

jon i disagree..the kid has skills..NBA skills...he ran with NBA talent during the summer..thats y Lucas from the Cavs got fined...and even after he ran with pros Lucas was stillll droolin over this kid....he's got an NBA body..i duno if u saw his televised game..but i was impressed ....he's special

oh..impact by a High Schooler only 3 yrs after enterin the L....Mr. Kobe Bryant...they traded a great player in Eddie Jones in order to let him start ..

and most analysts say they havent seen ANYONE (includin Kobe) that was as developed as he was @ his age

They say he'll be a distributor as a rookie, a go-to guy by Year 2 and on a Wheaties box by Year 3.

If they play him at PG the 1st and SG at year 2 and SF at year 3, I think this kid has the dominating potential that they are all hyping about. Now he's a target for NBA players though. Everyones gonna wanna try and shut him down. Being inundated by sneaker companies and ad men aint gonna help either. We'll see if the fragile ego of a teenager can take it next year. Hopefully he doesn't crack under the pressure like Vince Carter.

The facts that rookies have guaranteed 5 year contracts, and that due to the luxury tax it's about 10 times easier for a player's original team to resign him than for him to go to another team, make it still sensible to take a guy at this point.

Plus, you're overlooking Amare Stoudamire. He's probably the first HS kid to come into the NBA with an NBA body. He has great athletics, but no real talent yet, but he's still tearing up the NBA at the moment. The difference here is that LeBron actually has skills already developed. While he won't be a marquee player right off the bat, he'll be a 15-6-5-2-1 guy as a rookie. Seriously, he's a LOT better than T-Mac, Kobe, Kwame, Tyson, or KG was at this stage, and THAT's why scouts are drooling all over him....

But, on the other hand, anyone remember the name of the last HS player who was this dominant? How about Felipe Lopez....after 4 years at St Johns, became a lifelong backup with a career 6 ppg average....

As for the Olympics, I could have sworn that both sides have pretty much (but not officially) said that AI will be on the Olympic team. The OIC was THINKING about making Lebron the 12th man on the Olympic team, but that would be dumb. Seriously, now that there are already about 6 or 7 marquee players committed to the Olympics, it would be better to fill the rest of the squad with role players who have small egos. That way they practice hard, play tough defense, and won't let down because they think they're the shit. Fill out the team with guys with little heads and good intangibles....guys like Tony Battie, Matt Harpring, Donyell Marshall, Aaron Williams, etc. When you've already got 3 superstars on the court, why do you need 2 more? Wouldn't it be better to have a couple of guys that a defense will let up on so they can get some easy garbage baskets??

That's just my opinion though....

Originally posted by brickhouse

Seriously, now that there are already about 6 or 7 marquee players committed to the Olympics, it would be better to fill the rest of the squad with role players who have small egos. That way they practice hard, play tough defense, and won't let down because they think they're the shit. Fill out the team with guys with little heads and good intangibles....guys like Tony Battie, Matt Harpring, Donyell Marshall, Aaron Williams, etc. When you've already got 3 superstars on the court, why do you need 2 more? Wouldn't it be better to have a couple of guys that a defense will let up on so they can get some easy garbage baskets??

That's just my opinion though....

excellent point! a few role players is all they need. keeps the egos happy and the shots well distributed.