Clubplanet Nightlife Community

xkah vs. xmas...

dgmodel

I think there is a Greek letter which stands for "Christ" so somewhere along the line, someone started abbreviating it....

I also hate when people say Xmas.....Like my mom always says...They're taking the "Christ" out of Christmas, and it makes people forget what the holiday is all about in the first place!

• 2 years later...
how come christmas is abbreviated as xmas, yet chanukkah has the same amount of letters yet there isnt any xkah??? i dont get it...

(i implore any and all of you to cease and desist using the term xmas until other holidays get X'ed as well...)

does it REALLY matter? i think the bigger issue here is that you let such unimportant things get under your skin. something you should maybe look in to.

I think there is a Greek letter which stands for "Christ" so somewhere along the line, someone started abbreviating it....

I also hate when people say Xmas.....Like my mom always says...They're taking the "Christ" out of Christmas, and it makes people forget what the holiday is all about in the first place!

...never heard that before...although there is a religious abbreviation you commonly see on a fish...the second letter in that is X which is the greek letter chi and it does strand for christos or christ...idk...that sounds like a stretch but could be....by the way, where are you??....