Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BRUDERSCHAFT - supergroup

heretic909

Those of you that are into VNV Nation type music will absolutely love this. This is the press release so far:

NEW YORK CITY'S DJ REXX ARKANA TEAMS WITH TOP SCENE BANDS TO RELEASE DEBUT BRUDERSCHAFT PROJECT

December 21, 2002

(New York, NY) - In what music industry insiders are already calling "the biggest industrial supergroup since Pigface" and "frontrunner for single of the year," New York City's DJ REXX ARKANA has teamed up with members of the dark electronic music scene's biggest acts to release his debut original music project, BRUDERSCHAFT.

With a name most befitting the immensity of the project, BRUDERSCHAFT ("brotherhood") features REXX ARKANA (lyrics), SEBASTIAN KOMOR of ICON OF COIL (music), RONAN HARRIS of VNV NATION (lead vocals), STEPHAN GROTH of APOPTYGMA BERZERK (backing vocals) and JOAKIM MONTELIUS of COVENANT (loops).

The first single from the band, "Forever," is a tribute to Arkana's

father, whose death from cancer in 1999 was the inspiration for the song's emotionally powerful lyrics. "After my father passed away, I wrote the song in his name," Arkana informs. "I sent the lyrics to Ronan, who immediately offered his involvement in the project and the idea of BRUDERSCHAFT was born."

Over the course of the next three years, the remaining members of BRUDERSCHAFT came together, each contributing their unique talent to the project. The end result is the "Forever" EP, already the most anticipated release of the coming year.

In keeping with the song's original intent, all net profits from the

sales of "Forever" will benefit cancer research and treatment. Look for the EP to be released on RazorBurn Records in 2003.

For continuous updates on BRUDERSCHAFT and the "Forever" EP, log in to RazorBurn at www.run.to/razorburn.

Not only am I excited about this release, but I've also been asked to contribute a remix for the cd. Rexx Arkana and myself will be working together on his remix, and then I'll have one of my own remixes on the album as well. After such a shitty year, 2003 already seems to be looking good. :)