Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Does anyone else's job...

you think you have it bad? we did a toy-for-tots thing and there are going to be 100+ kids coming in around 3:00 today. as much fun as it sounds, our conference room is supposed to hold 75 adults MAX. i hope these kids dont really ALL show up. its gonna be pandemonium when they start tearing into their presents.....

Originally posted by pipdaddy

you think you have it bad? we did a toy-for-tots thing and there are going to be 100+ kids coming in around 3:00 today. as much fun as it sounds, our conference room is supposed to hold 75 adults MAX. i hope these kids dont really ALL show up. its gonna be pandemonium when they start tearing into their presents.....

I will definetely say a prayer for you.....LOL

Originally posted by xrapturex

Have a party today and everyone brings their kids????

That was the worst. My head is pounding :mad:

No but if it makes you feel any better, there was an infant on the red eye flight I took back from Vegas last night, and the little bastard was screaming all the way home.

It's now been 35 hours that I have gone without sleep............

My head feels like :spank:

and my stomach feels like :puke:

about 25 kids showed up so it wasnt that bad....but seriously, you have no idea how lucky we all are that we grew up in a somewhat stable family environment, with money and hot water and nice clothes (for the most part). seeing these kids open presents that cost us $20/each and getting SOOO excited really make me feel good. next year im buying 5. to think that most of these kids are gonna wake up christmas morning with nothing upsets me. i should be happy these kids are happy with their pizza and soda and presents, but they still have to go back home to wherever that is

about 25 kids showed up so it wasnt that bad....but seriously, you have no idea how lucky we all are that we grew up in a somewhat stable family environment, with money and hot water and nice clothes (for the most part). seeing these kids open presents that cost us $20/each and getting SOOO excited really make me feel good. next year im buying 5. to think that most of these kids are gonna wake up christmas morning with nothing upsets me. i should be happy these kids are happy with their pizza and soda and presents, but they still have to go back home to wherever that is

I HEAR YA WITH THAT. . .I HAD 2 KIDS BOYS THIS YEAR ONE BOY WHO WAS 12 THE OTHER WAS 11, AND I JUST COULDN'T GET THEM ONLY ONE GIFT, I GOT THEM ABOUT 5 EACH AND MY SUPERVISOR TOLD ME I SHOULDn'T HAVE BECAUSE OF THE OTEHR CHILDREN I TOLD HER IT WAS TOO LATE. . .:D I THINK SHE WAS PISSED BUT I DIDNT CARE. . .

Originally posted by laurie619

I HEAR YA WITH THAT. . .I HAD 2 KIDS BOYS THIS YEAR ONE BOY WHO WAS 12 THE OTHER WAS 11, AND I JUST COULDN'T GET THEM ONLY ONE GIFT, I GOT THEM ABOUT 5 EACH AND MY SUPERVISOR TOLD ME I SHOULDn'T HAVE BECAUSE OF THE OTEHR CHILDREN I TOLD HER IT WAS TOO LATE. . .:D I THINK SHE WAS PISSED BUT I DIDNT CARE. . .

yea tell me about it. one of the idiot brokers here got a gameboy advance. imagine how many kids are gonna look at their barbie and spiderman dolls and get all pissy now....some people have the best intentions but are really stupid :rolleyes:

I hear that. We do an angel program at my job. We dont get to see the kids open the gifts or anything....but when I see them ask for diapers and blankets instead of toys or something, I know the homelife must be tough. This year I bought sooooo much for the family I had to buy for. I just felt so terrible knowing that they didnt even have basic necessities.....I'm thankful every day that I didnt grow up that way. Just goes to show you how blessed we are sometimes and dont even know it until times like that.