Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nyc salons - japanese straightening

nifer

i'm pretty sure a similar thread exsists...

has anyone gotten this process done in the city? my stylist here in philly said i should go up there if i wanted to have it done since the salons here just started offering this service.

any suggestions?

Originally posted by mystify82281

I also wonder about this new procedure... A friend of a friend got it done, and supposedly, it looks great... really straight, healthy-looking, and shiny....

How expensive is it??? Is it bad for your hair??? How long does it last???

:confused: :confused:

...do u remember......."her and her japanese straightened hair!"...

:laugh: ...do u know who i mean??

Originally posted by incredulous

is this when you put some shit on your hair, let it soak for like 20 min, and then get a straightning iron to make it stay like that???

..shut up stinky!....u r such a boy!.........btw......i want to relax your hair..........it has been decided!

...anyways...what was the question....

...there are a few different methods.....different stylists and product lines offer their own variations....i know there is the bio-ionic one which i have heard nothing but good reviews of.......also i think farouk is coming out with another form.......whoever u go with...make sure they are well trained...ask to see before and after in salon shots....not some add bullshit....if they are charging hundreds of dollars...trust me...they will have model photos....

Originally posted by mala

Does anyone have a name/address for a salon that does this procedure in NYC? A friend has been interested in this for a while.

My friend, browneyedqt got it done, and it worked really good. Her hair is so straight now, PM her and she can tell you all the info and where she got it done

the perm works really well...makes ur hair , literally, paper straight and shiny.....it does cost anywhere from 250+ and i've heard 1000, depending on the salon. the process that i know actually takes 4-5 hours...which sux cause ur sitting in a chair with nothing to do. my friend got it done elsewhere..not in teh city tho

what if i just have really wavy hair.. can i still get it... my stupid hair takes so long to straighten.. but it doen't look good wavy so i have no choice.. i swear its the reason why i have bad shoulders.. it takes like 45 mins every day to blow dry..

Originally posted by dani672

what if i just have really wavy hair.. can i still get it... my stupid hair takes so long to straighten.. but it doen't look good wavy so i have no choice.. i swear its the reason why i have bad shoulders.. it takes like 45 mins every day to blow dry..

You have to go for a consultation. There are so many different things that can prevent you from having it done. I couldnt get it done cuz I had highlights. I was so mad, i really wanted it. The guy told me I would have to let them grow out first