Clubplanet Nightlife Community

best buzz@nation nights? a trip down memory lane...

funkyfreshdc

i was listening to sander k's essential mix and it brought back a flood of memories.

i had many many good nights at nation but one of the best was the pre-WMC party (midweek, was it a wednesday?) with anthony pappa, nick warren, and sander k. alternating 1-hour sets....oh the bliss of hearing all the new tracks that would be showcased in miami later that week :D

the night john 00 fleming played summer 2000, best "trance" set i've ever heard (anybody going to see him jan.4 at ARC?)

s&d at delta heavy in april. if only we could have enjoyed that sound + lighting every week! just thinking of how crazy the vibe was gives me goosebumps :) and of course the night i first kissed my gf...8 months already!

mardi gras party this year was fun....never seen so many tits in one night (it helped that i was on good terms with the people who brought the beads!). after i complemented one girl on her rack she said "yeah they better be nice, they cost $5000" :laugh:

sunrises on the patio....

awesome awesome times....funny how i'm only 20 but i feel like i should be retiring from the club scene :blank:

some memorable buzz nights:

My first foam party with donald glaude summer 99'

back when I did like trance:

Taylor and PVD buzz 2000. that night, buzz had it's kyrogenix debut and quixotica was on the stage to set the vibe. it was niiiice!

A great mind blowing set by clive of peace divison

Hearing Craig richards for the first time

all the anthony pappa+satoshiie tomei nights

Pre-WMC party with the nick warren, sander k, and anthony pappa

The jimmy van m + Lee Burridge+sasha night (best night of all!!) This was also the first night Tantara had their trial run on the stage.

The delta heavy tour in april. This was also the night that I acidentally stumbled into the CP meetup in the hallway of the main room :laugh: !!

Last but not least: THE BANGIN' SET BY TOM STEPHAN! PHEW!!

well comparitavely speaking i was kinda new to buzz, just started going when i moved to DC almost 2 years ago.

hmmm....well lets see my top 5 would be:

1. Sasha, Van M & Burridge followed by Fortier and Hyper the next night (i went to work after the Sasha show & only had 2 hrs of sleep in between; stayed until the end both times)

2. Delta Heavy

3. Tom Stephan and Steve Lawler nights

4. Buzz 9 year anniversary party when I accidentally met Millie (first one I met from the CP board)

5. Last Buzz night in Nation

Danny Howells and Deep Dish right after Twilo closed and all those fuckers came down from NYC. That was the night I met Millie.

Honeydew 2 with Richie Hawtin 7/6/01. First time seeing Hawtin. He was using Final Scratch.

Alex Whalen and Dave Ralph 9/28/01 when Whalen was handing out those Kona CDs. That was the only time I've ever heard Gorecki played out. It was also the first time I heard Scram by the Plump DJs.

16B and Danny Howells 10/5/01. That was the night I might Michelle.

Mistress Barbara 10/12/01. First time seeing Misstress Barbara. I love Misstress Barbara.

Lee Burridge, JVM, and Sasha 12/27/01 just because it was a miserable night for me for reasons unrelated to the music or party (Malanee might remember why).

Brian Agrestra, Misstress Barbara and Rino Cirrone this past February (Mardi Gras partry) because it was the only night of all techno that I've ever been to at Buzz.

Krafty Kuts and Hyper in the main room back at the beginning of August because the music was great and it wasn't crowded at all.

JZ and Sasha just because it seemed like it was the beginning of the end.

The last night. The music in both rooms (aside from the UK hardhouse crap) was fantastic and there was no one there, though most CP people made it (and Malanee got back from San Fran just in time). Plus it turned out to be the last night.

But all of the nights there were memorable for some reason or other.

Originally posted by vicman

well comparitavely speaking i was kinda new to buzz, just started going when i moved to DC almost 2 years ago.

hmmm....well lets see my top 5 would be:

1. Sasha, Van M & Burridge followed by Fortier and Hyper the next night (i went to work after the Sasha show & only had 2 hrs of sleep in between; stayed until the end both times)

2. Delta Heavy

3. Tom Stephan and Steve Lawler nights

4. Buzz 9 year anniversary party when I accidentally met Millie (first one I met from the CP board)

5. Last Buzz night in Nation

shit, i forgot to mention the steve lawler nights. how could i have forgotten. I do the remember the music being nasty and the main room nice and dark.

Originally posted by Kuro

and that's just silly.

i guess it just hardly seems worthwhile anymore. i've spent nearly every weekend of the last 4 years in clubs, my hearing has been damaged, i've lost countless brain cells, and now what's left?

i'll be the 1st to admit that clubbing in london/europe for 2 years spoiled the hell out of me, but i know i'm not alone when i say the scene here sux.

perhaps it's time for me to stop chasing the party until i go back to europe...

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

i guess it just hardly seems worthwhile anymore. i've spent nearly every weekend of the last 4 years in clubs, my hearing has been damaged, i've lost countless brain cells, and now what's left?

i'll be the 1st to admit that clubbing in london/europe for 2 years spoiled the hell out of me, but i know i'm not alone when i say the scene here sux.

pfffft. the scene here isn't so bad. I like the fact that there is room to dance. well i like the fact that there are good dancers period! i'm quite big on dancing and it's always a good feeling to dance with someone you can work off of. grinding is for the mindless and vicman (ass tapper/groper extraordinare) types :o). I can't stress this enough : DC/MD KIDS CAN GET DOWN!!

Originally posted by funkyfreshdc

you just need to take a break. there are otherthings out there to do and people to meet outside a club and music scene. if you have other interests or hobbies pursue them, youll see that in a while youll be back enjoying your nights out at clubs like you did before, its just a question of balance.

Originally posted by Kuro

Alex Whalen and Dave Ralph 9/28/01 when Whalen was handing out those Kona CDs. That was the only time I've ever heard Gorecki played out. It was also the first time I heard Scram by the Plump DJs.

:aright: I was there that night too. I remember how excited I was when I heard Gorecki. The Billl Hamil mix is still my favorite track. Too bad I didn't know you then :(

My most memorable Buzz nights? Wow so many (though I have a short party career for such an old lady *lol*) But I'm on limited internet time here so I'll make it quick.

Dave Seaman in May 2001. It was the first night the patio was opened up in the summer and most of the crowd spent the night outside but it was their lose because Seaman tore it up in the mainroom. It was the most fubar'd I'd ever been but oddly enough, I remember everthing...er I think :D

S&D Delta Heavy tour in April 2002 - I met most of the CPers for the first time that night. Too bad it only went till 3 am :(

Danny Howells/Alex Whalen April of 2002 - such a great vibe. Danny Howells played an awesome set that night.

Maybe I'll write more later :D

Originally posted by djwrecknyc

best buzz night for me = PVD @ Sub Zero '99

ah yes. that was listed as one of my fav's as well. actually it was the best first pvd experience ever. the other 2 times i saw him were horrible. and now i cant stand him at all. but the way buzz had the main room decorated along with the cryogenix was magical.