Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"The Streets" - Original Pirate Material

joeg

Its been out for a while... but i just got my hands on it... i've heard samples and stuff in a lot of breaks mixes i have... but i got the actual cd...

its interesting... its like hiphop/breaks/garage... i saw their video at like 4am the other night on mtv and was shocked they had tv airplay over here (even if no one sees it at 4am)...

its kinda funny to hear a guy with a british accent spitting rhymes... but its kinda cool...

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

I think i heard the single - and if i remeber i didnt like his delivery much..ive heard wayyyy better hiphop/garage me thinks (new shy fx for instance) although it is DIFFERENT and that is always a good thing

Which new Shy FX track is this? I didn't know he had a new one.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

The Streets fuckin ROCKS... I love their stuff, one of the guys on the DC board had it. I considered picking up the vinyl but I decided against it 'cause I really have no use for it just yet. :tongue:

you get cooler with every one of your 3662 posts... :)

Originally posted by xpander

Which new Shy FX track is this? I didn't know he had a new one.

I am reffering to Shy FX & T Power - "Set it Off"

but he jsut did a EP i think with a few songs - some RnB type stuff, a little jungle and even a reggae-ish track, but set it off is the best of the bunch

although "You dont wanna Know" is the Shake ur Body follow up - VERY similar, but not as effective

There isn't a single "Original Pirate Material"....thats the album title....

There's one really hilarious track on there that rivals the funniest stuff by Eminem (for those who like that sort of stuff) - "The Irony of it All"

The new Shy FX and T-Power EP is alright, but I didn't buy it...then again, I also passed over the Mug Yourself single....

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

I am reffering to Shy FX & T Power - "Set it Off"

but he jsut did a EP i think with a few songs - some RnB type stuff, a little jungle and even a reggae-ish track, but set it off is the best of the bunch

although "You dont wanna Know" is the Shake ur Body follow up - VERY similar, but not as effective

Awesome...I'll check it out. Thanks...;)

Originally posted by joeg

hahaha... i'm curious, what is that exactly? by context, i'm guessing its like a street punk/thug??

It's London slang to describe a man,i don't know who it's describing in the context of the album cos i haven't heard it properly,but i would guess it's someone on the street who's a bit cocky and sure of himself.

geezer - a very common term for a man. There are many disproved origins of the word. Used respectfully and for a person of unknown name, i.e.. "some geezer" or to say that someone is a bit of a laddish rogue "he's a bit of a geezer". Also 'dodgy geezer' can be used to describe a man of bad character.

If this doesn't help tell me some tunes and i'll downoad em and have a listen. :D

Originally posted by starshaped

It's London slang to describe a man,i don't know who it's describing in the context of the album cos i haven't heard it properly,but i would guess it's someone on the street who's a bit cocky and sure of himself.

geezer - a very common term for a man. There are many disproved origins of the word. Used respectfully and for a person of unknown name, i.e.. "some geezer" or to say that someone is a bit of a laddish rogue "he's a bit of a geezer". Also 'dodgy geezer' can be used to describe a man of bad character.

If this doesn't help tell me some tunes and i'll downoad em and have a listen. :D

yeah, that definately makes sense!

thanks for the lesson, lol... :)