Haircolor

mala

Haircolor:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Haircolor:

• I color at home.
    • I get my color done professionally.
    • I don't color.

I want to know what is common practice these days. Do you dare to color at home; or do you leave it to a professional? Favorite haircolor brands?

I sometimes color at home. I trust myself to single process. I think double processes should be left to professionals. Lately I've been a fan of Clairol Herbal Essences haircolor.

Originally posted by psychosweetie9

ALWAYS professional! I've had some hair disasters when my friends have tried to do my hair at home

Yeah come to think of it. Listen to psychosweetie, get it done professionally. I just remembered that one time I had my friend do it for me, and someone must have switched the color in the boxes...cuz after we died it , my hair was half with red highlights and half black....I ended up having to go get it fixed anyway. That was the worst.

..i cannot tell u how many people come in that we msut spend hours correcting their haircolor horrors!........just because there is a pretty brown on the box doesnt mean ur color will come out like that!...........not to mention it costs primo dollar to fix.....

when coloring my hair one single color, i used to do it myself. i used feria. it seemed to work well.

as everyone has said previously, having it professionally done will definitely make it look better. not only do they know how to do it, they can tell you what color(s) would most compliment your skin tone

Originally posted by misk

..i cannot tell u how many people come in that we msut spend hours correcting their haircolor horrors!........just because there is a pretty brown on the box doesnt mean ur color will come out like that!...........not to mention it costs primo dollar to fix.....

Thats so true. I didnt have a lot of money and I just wanted a solid color, so I was thinking, it cant be that bad if my friend just does it. Well, 1) it didnt look like the box at all, and 2) it was horrible! I ended up spending like 3x the amount I would have spent if I had just gone in the first place. They ended up having to strip my hair of color. I still dont think my hair has fully recovered from that.