Clubplanet Nightlife Community

life and its changes

uscuba22000

Have you ever really thought about why you are where you are in life and are actually happy with it?

What do you to change it?

The reason why I ask is I'm a waiter at a country club and tonight one of the girls that used to be a waitress got married to a friend of my from HS. (Mind you I have been there for about 5 yrs on and off due to school). So I working this party ( which I really did not want to do ) waiting on bride and groom and 2 of the brides maids that at one point I worked with and was friends with. I spent time catching up about their lives and for the first time I felt ashamed that at 25 with a degree in finance all I am is waiter at a country club and not really done that much. I mean we all used to make jokes about who would be the one but some how no one really believed that I would be the one to still be there ( I mean that was actually said.). I was the one to make it and be married and successful but some where some how it all went wrong, I lost my focus and it ended up being nothing but talk and dreams. I want it all back. I want to do so much differently.I never have felt like such a failure.

All the time..

I always thought I would get married and be the perfect guy my parents wanted me to be.. But Lets see my now ex-girlfriend 3 years ago was killed in a car accident, ever since then My life was just a mess and then the constant bad relationships that keeps on happening, is eatting me up inside. I cant believe my life is wasted, everynight I just think why cant I be normal and happy for once? Look at me.. Im 23 with a good job. I love to go out on weekends and everyday if I could with my friends, I swing and just sleep with random girls only cause Im doomed to ever fit in a relationship. I dunno, im just fucked in the head. I guess.

Originally posted by uscuba22000

Have you ever really thought about why you are where you are in life and are actually happy with it?

What do you to change it?

The reason why I ask is I'm a waiter at a country club and tonight one of the girls that used to be a waitress got married to a friend of my from HS. (Mind you I have been there for about 5 yrs on and off due to school). So I working this party ( which I really did not want to do ) waiting on bride and groom and 2 of the brides maids that at one point I worked with and was friends with. I spent time catching up about their lives and for the first time I felt ashamed that at 25 with a degree in finance all I am is waiter at a country club and not really done that much. I mean we all used to make jokes about who would be the one but some how no one really believed that I would be the one to still be there ( I mean that was actually said.). I was the one to make it and be married and successful but some where some how it all went wrong, I lost my focus and it ended up being nothing but talk and dreams. I want it all back. I want to do so much differently.I never have felt like such a failure.

imagine a map of america... and lets say you and your friends are in Los Angeles... and you and your friends all decided to have a race to get to NYC... (and lets say that LA is graduation day and the race begins and nyc is marriage,success and life the way you expected and invisioned)... so now the race begins and all the competitors have chosen their paths, and theyre on the way... although each path is different, the destination remains the same through all of them... some took the northern approach, some took the southern approach some took the mid approach and then some took the inbetweens... each path is filled with trials, tribulations, heartache, love, sadness, fear, anger, guilt, jealousy, happiness, etc... and each path needs strength, stamina, hope, patience, persiverance, and tenacity to get through it... same as in life... now lets say your friends that you spoke reached nyc in 3yrs... good for them... GOD bless them and anyone who likes them... youre not racing them, youre not racing time, youre racing yourself... and although you may have not come in first, doesnt mean you lost... just means that youre still doing what needs to be done... you could still be in the midwest, or just coming up by philly, who knows... but youre on your way... and thats all that matters...

(this prolly all sounds like ass, granted it is 8:50 am and i have not slept yet, so hopefully, after i eat and run some errands i can explain what i meant if you couldnt decipher it... btw you said finance??? drop me a pm maybe i could help you out...)

Originally posted by dgmodel

imagine a map of america... and lets say you and your friends are in Los Angeles... and you and your friends all decided to have a race to get to NYC... (and lets say that LA is graduation day and the race begins and nyc is marriage,success and life the way you expected and invisioned)... so now the race begins and all the competitors have chosen their paths, and theyre on the way... although each path is different, the destination remains the same through all of them... some took the northern approach, some took the southern approach some took the mid approach and then some took the inbetweens... each path is filled with trials, tribulations, heartache, love, sadness, fear, anger, guilt, jealousy, happiness, etc... and each path needs strength, stamina, hope, patience, persiverance, and tenacity to get through it... same as in life... now lets say your friends that you spoke reached nyc in 3yrs... good for them... GOD bless them and anyone who likes them... youre not racing them, youre not racing time, youre racing yourself... and although you may have not come in first, doesnt mean you lost... just means that youre still doing what needs to be done... you could still be in the midwest, or just coming up by philly, who knows... but youre on your way... and thats all that matters...

(this prolly all sounds like ass, granted it is 8:50 am and i have not slept yet, so hopefully, after i eat and run some errands i can explain what i meant if you couldnt decipher it... btw you said finance??? drop me a pm maybe i could help you out...)

uzscuba --I agree with DGmodel

or atleast have to tell that to myself- because I have been in the same dilema as you (same senario different settingsand jobs ) but I know the feeling and regardless if you believe your chosen/forced path is best -- you HAVE to- or you'll drive your self crazy with shoulda coudas, what if's ands or buts~ Trust me I know--]

so trust your destiny-- even if you dont want to.

i love the way DG put it, so i don't have much else to add...

but i just wanted to say that yeah, things are tough and you may not be where you expected but who's to say how your life is supposed to go??

just keep your head up (sounds so gay! but true... ) life has it's unexpected twists but it all has a way of working out in the end...

:grin:

Originally posted by uscuba22000

I get what your saying dgmodel and I agree with it. I think was/am more disappointed with myself. And it usually is in these times that I come back stronger and better than I was before. kinda like a self kick in the pants.

. . . Dude, I'm in a similar predicament . . . I feel what you're saying so well . . .

. . . Dgmodel put it perfectly though . . . thats about the best thing I've read in a year . . :aright: . . .

Originally posted by dgmodel

thanks y'all...

u done good :kiss2:

uscuba - besides listening to DG...move at your own pace....enjoy life, and it's view. In the end, it's not much about success, money, power...etc....It's about a full, healthy, and productive life. Quality, not quantity. All the additives are mostly unnecessary fillers...:)