Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is it just me......or???

kelly0616

i think 80% of this board does not give a rats ass about the whole situation...its been said time and time again that both sides are at fault...its just so easy to single out the palestinians and crack jokes on them....plus if they would halt the violence (which they view as heroic and justified)....isreal would pull out and get back to the table and give them land....but...as always...they are seeking the destruction of isreal and getting them out of the land all together....its so sad that they can't even control their own people.....

I guess most ppl on here are anti-Middle Eastern...

Underwater - It is easy to target the Palestinians because of the terror attacks, but at the same time, trying to "crush them" (as some ppl on this board would like done) without understanding what drives that hatred is NOT going to solve the problem. Its just that the terrorist attacks are potrayed more often in the media - who knows how the Israelis treat them when nothing else is going on? Of course, the media won't report any of that because it isn't as "sensational" as a terror attack.

We also should not forget that there was a long period of relative peace before the current intifida began - one has to ask what then caused this current violence (I know its because of Sharon, but more in-depth analysis).

i know....if i was a palestinian and i had isreal building settlements all over the place and from what i have gathered the settlements are built and the isrealies who live their most likely do hate the pal. and treat them like dirt....so yeah...i would want to get them the hell of my land and be pissed off.....thats why i believe that isreal has to promise to halt building settlements....and maybe even get rid of a few existing settlements.....but isreal has said time and time again that if the violence stops they will pullout and get back to peace talks....i don't see the problem here....if the palestinian people would install new leadership with more of a "vision" of co-habitation with isreal...instead of the present regime that seeks the destruction of isreal.....then the whole situation could be sorted out and people could go back to living normal lives.....its like 2 children fighting over a toy....sharon and arafat.....limited visions to only accomplish what they want and not whats for the good of everyone....

does anyone disagree that the PLO has not done anything to roundup terrorists living among them and jail them long enough to get this thing sorted out?.....its so obvious that not only do they not want to stop them...but behind closed doors they support them.....thats why nobody has any compassion for them...maybe if isreal kept the occupation after bombings stopped and continued to kill people...but everyone knows that as soon as bombings stop....isreal wants to get back to the table and get this shit taken care of....

I'm not anti-Palestinian. I'm just opposed to their leadership (or lack of) and the way their government is trying to rewrite history.

You all might be surprised to know that I have an email pen pal who lives in the West Bank, is not Jewish, and is very anti-Israeli.

Originally posted by sassa

no, not really. my best friends in high school were (and still are) some of the most honest and open people i've ever met, and they're jewish....what's your point? :blank:

Just that I'm not "anti" and I would understand that from my posts, some might have that impression.